D
Old 09-10-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Just checking in!
Really really busy with work
Welcome to all the new people!
Old 09-10-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me today, too. I'm doing well - didn't make it to yoga last night due to fatigue and my son needing some extra time with me - so we went to Target and A.C. Moore instead. Was fun and I'll catch up on my yoga over the weekend.

Thursday tended to be a bad day for me for drinking wine - mostly because I almost made it through the week and thought I deserved a reward. And if I was a little hungover in the office on Friday, no big deal. It was Friday after all. This is where I get to change the pattern and routine. Will try to post later in the day.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
I have barely turned on my tv in my five months not drinking. I used to just get drunk and stare at whatever was on. Huge waste of time. And all the beer ads are not the best thing in the world for any of us to watch. Good luck!
I'm taking back all my cable equip today. 800 channels and nothing on. Waste of money and time! Besides...there's always Netflix! I can't binge drink, but I can binge watch this winter!
Old 09-10-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

I can proudly say that I am now part of the class of September, 2015! Day two for me, and I feel fantastic! I ran across a post yesterday that mentioned AVRT as a means of sobriety, and it really hit home for me. Last night was a breeze, my first sober night since January 9, 2014. But I will not become complacent. Alcohol addiction is way too sneaky... Thank you to all on this forum, as I would not have found the strength to take my life back without you all.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
"Worst day sober is better than your best day drunk"
Boy my AV is in my face on that one. It's true, I think, but I'm "remembering doe good times", which proves that I'm an alcoholic ! Lol
For me there aren't any good times. That's how low I have to go....
Old 09-10-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kinzoku View Post
Day 11

Today was so busy, tomorrow is a day im not prepped for. Next week I have a surprise work assignment due. Cool.

I miss drinking a bit because it adds some drama and adventure. I know thats false, i don't actually want a beer.

I just feel really blah. Like I don't want to talk to the girl I'm seeing, I don't want to talk to my friends, I don't want to exercise. My fire is out man.
I relate to what you are saying about drink adding drama. I drink to numb my feelings, but also to feel....a bit of a dichotomy. I guess recovery for me involves finding passion in daily life, in the mundane for lack of another word. To learn to feel 'genuine' connection...which is very hard for me. Drink makes me feel externally so to speak, but deadens my souls ability to connect. That is learned in recovery...and through self acceptance I'm able to open up to others because I no longer fear rejection. Still working toward that but I have been there before...so I know what I'm seeking.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
I'm taking back all my cable equip today. 800 channels and nothing on. Waste of money and time! Besides...there's always Netflix! I can't binge drink, but I can binge watch this winter!
I haven't had cable or a tv in years, the first week was weird without it, but I'll never have it again, don't miss it.
But I do have netflix, and I watch crime docs on youtube
Old 09-10-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Oh man I feel your struggle. Day 1 is brutal, no matter what. Give yourself time and be as kind to yourself as you can be. I think anything is possible, and probable without alcohol. I know with drink in my life I will never be the woman I want to be. Really I just want to healthy, peaceful, non harming (to myself and others) and a good mom. When I'm happy and healthy it shows, and that attracts good things to me. It will for you too.
I'm trying to think ofa phrase that someone once said...something like 'I can't walk out of the forest in half the distance it took me walk in'...or something like that. In other words, I didn't dig my whole in one week, so it'll take a while to dig out. But each day gets better and better. And the tough days? They are opportunities for growth. Hang in there. Your worst day sober is better than your best day drunk
Well said! Flip. Heading into another weekend and grateful for this site and the weekender thread. Welcome to all the new joiners and hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You're doing great, September-ites! Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Good morning, it is day 2. I didn't sleep great (it has been hot here), but I didn't wake up with the mild hangover symptoms I've been experiencing, even when I have one or two glasses of wine. (I was curious, did that happen to any of you towards the end? Seems like in the past I could drink a whole bottle of wine without feeling ill effects. Perhaps that 6 months of sobriety reset something in me. If so, I'm very grateful).

Tonight will be a bit of a challenge since my partner won't be home until late and I tend to drink by myself. I'm going to keep myself busy by working late, taking the dogs for a walk as soon as I hit the front door and picking up the house, which looks like a tempest blew threw it. And I'll plan to check in here too.

Congrats to everyone on the thread. I'm really taking inspiration from your successes and am grateful for your wisdom.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Day 3 today. feeling ok - not bad, not good. Just trying my best
Old 09-10-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by matilda123 View Post
Good morning, it is day 2. I didn't sleep great (it has been hot here), but I didn't wake up with the mild hangover symptoms I've been experiencing, even when I have one or two glasses of wine. (I was curious, did that happen to any of you towards the end? Seems like in the past I could drink a whole bottle of wine without feeling ill effects. Perhaps that 6 months of sobriety reset something in me. If so, I'm very grateful).
My tolerance went WAY down in the last year or so of my drinking. I would usually get awful hangovers whether I drank two glasses or three bottles. I think that's very common as our addiction progresses and our body and minds deteriorate.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by halfvictory View Post
Day 3 today. feeling ok - not bad, not good. Just trying my best
Trying our best is all we can do, victory! Sending you positive thoughts!
Old 09-10-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats everyone !
Old 09-10-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

For me there aren't any good times. That's how low I have to go....
I agree. AV's a liar. None of those "times" were good. None.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I agree. AV's a liar. None of those "times" were good. None.
Honestly, thinking back- I don't think I had any good times either, maybe 5 times out of a few thousand
Old 09-10-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matilda123 View Post
Hey matilda. Congrats on day 2! Getting through day 1 is a HUGE accomplishment.

Yes, I've experienced the few-drink hangover phenomenon. I think it can be because of a few things. And yes, your long sober streak probably had something to do with it. When you we're drinking a lot previously your body likely got used to it and upped the enzimes/hormones/etc that it needed to clear out the toxins. Then you stopped, your body healed and it stopped producing everything. Just a guess.

When I stumble after a sober streak it happens to me.

Regardless, CONGRATS again on making it to day 2!

Jsbohdi: Agreed! We're always chasing that great experience, but it happens lees and less as we progress down the rabbit hole of drinking. I can remember 1 or 2 times in the last year where I had that "great" experience.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

I think my cable costs 150/month. Totally ridiculous. I get far more out of posting here. Goodbye TV. Hello SR....and Dextor. I can't wait until Call Saul, or whatever its called, hits netflix. Breaking Bad was AWESOME.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

I think my cable costs 150/month. Totally ridiculous. I get far more out of posting here. Goodbye TV. Hello SR....and Dextor. I can't wait until Call Saul, or whatever its called, hits netflix. Breaking Bad was AWESOME.
My friend who is very clever and who has very good taste suggested 'american horror story' and ' true detective' so I'm going to download