Notices

Class of September 2015

Old 09-08-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Day 2 here. Working at home today. To some weird extent, even though I wasn't a nightly drinker, I'm kinda like... huh, how do I life again? What does being more functional and together look like? lol
Old 09-08-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hey guys just trying to find some actual encouragement with my real life. I try to hide the fact I have some wine or beer by myself when I'm not at work, I don't want my patients to know and I don't want it to reflect on my social life that is if I had a social life. My immediate family which are my siblings are going through their own issues and I don't want to add to them and they never respond to me anyway. I wish to know it's ok what I made my life of and I can
Fix it somehow. Maybe not drinking tonight will be helpful...
Old 09-08-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Shimmer, you can always fix things if you want to and not drinking tonight can only be helpful. Drinking certainly isn't going to help matters.

And welcome!
Old 09-08-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by needtostopthis View Post
Day 2 here. I am so tired. Hope this passes soon.
Day 2 right there with you. I also feel so tired. I'm slamming vitamins and green tea while hoping, although knowing better, that I feel better overnight. 3 days of nothing but vodka takes time to heal in this 33 year old body. Give it a week, I better we will both feel like we can fly again soon.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Julesona: At least you are back and fighting it. You can do this and we're here to help!

Shimmer: Not drinking is always the right choice. How many times have you looked back the morning after and said "wow, I wish I drank (or drank more) last night!"?? Never right?
Old 09-08-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

I also ordered "Under the Influence". I am happy to swap with anyone once I am done.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Rar

I'm on Day 2 with some of you. While I miss drinking at my usual times, I am doing happy dances in the morning. I am so relieved when I get to bed and haven't had a drink. I'm so proud during those times.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Day 4 and I'm up at 4:30 after a restless night. From experience I know that in a short time without drinking I'll be sleeping well and waking up refreshed again.

I usually only drink Friday and Saturdays so day 4 ain't really much to shout about but the fact that I'm trying this again has already lifted my self-esteem.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing fantastic guys
Old 09-08-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

So class, I'm having a tough time picking up the pieces from my drinking and hiding it. My Wife found a beer can in a closet over the weekend and is understandably upset. She says that I have a drinking problem (guilty) and a lying problem. I'm trying to tell her that they are very intertwined. But she doesn't see it that way.

Just having a hard time dealing with this. Usually I'd drown my sorrows by drinking a bunch, but that is NOT an option.

I just feel like I've really let her down over the past few months by drinking and hiding it, and am feeling really low.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

One week today.
Whats up all?
Hey Dee, Im doing it!!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hi Team,

I'm at school, just checking in to say hi, had some pretty strong cravings to drink but I ate something and feel a bit better.
Just checking in to say hi, I'm sure I can make it home without stopping at the liquor store.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

I think it takes time for the guilt to subside. But as long as you don't drink, and do the right thing to the best of your ability you will start to feel better. And your wife will see the results, rather than hear promises.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hi class

Life is good. Sober, feeling and looking so much better. I know it's vain that my physical appearance can motivate me but at 50 I need all the help I can get. Drinking ages me like crazy. One bender makes me look 10 years older.
Was supposed to attend my first meditation and talk at the dharma center but my kiddo is sick and I didn't want to leave her. Next Tuesday I guess
I found a way to apologize to my exbf for some pretty hideous things I said to him a month ago. It took me so long because frankly I wasn't that sorry. But deep down I hated the way I reacted and had to own it. He accused me of being drunk when I said those things....I wasn't, but can I blame him? That just fueled the fire. He sent me a reply thanking me and telling me he still loves me. Oh god. Didn't expect that. But I'm not responding. No matter what I'm a mess and need to focus on just me. The apology wasn't a plea to get back together. It was just owning my horrid behavior. I don't know which way is up emotionally so it's me, my daughter and yoga right now!
Hang in there everyone. We can do this. Sober can be our new normal!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Hi class

Life is good. Sober, feeling and looking so much better. I know it's vain that my physical appearance can motivate me but at 50 I need all the help I can get. Drinking ages me like crazy
Vanity and having fitness goals are massive motivating factors for me too and I'm basically the same age. I can look better all the time as opossed to having a few hours of drinking and then all the associated fear and self-loathing.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Good sober night all. Thanks for the help today.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Good night all! End of day 2 here! Did only a few productive things after work today, but I suppose any little bit is better than nothing. Going to try and read and get a few hours of sleep now.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:03 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
Good night all! End of day 2 here! Did only a few productive things after work today, but I suppose any little bit is better than nothing. Going to try and read and get a few hours of sleep now.
Great job making it through day 2. The reality has hit you now that, damn, I am not drinking for real! I remember going nuts trying to find things to do so that I didn't think about drinking constantly. It's even harder because you likely are sleeping poorly too. We all have been there. You can do this!
Old 09-09-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by FacingFuture View Post
So class, I'm having a tough time picking up the pieces from my drinking and hiding it. My Wife found a beer can in a closet over the weekend and is understandably upset. She says that I have a drinking problem (guilty) and a lying problem. I'm trying to tell her that they are very intertwined. But she doesn't see it that way.

Just having a hard time dealing with this. Usually I'd drown my sorrows by drinking a bunch, but that is NOT an option.

I just feel like I've really let her down over the past few months by drinking and hiding it, and am feeling really low.
I had a lot of people I'd let down, and as honest a guy asd I'd always tried to be, I'd really not backed up my words with action.

finding that trust again (and forgiveness) took a while - and it happened on their timetable - not mine.

I hope this doesn't sound sanctimonious, but if we live a sober life, we have nothing to hide or lie about any more and - in time - the changes in us will be apparent. Actions really do speak louder than words in this case I think.

Stay strong FF - you're on the right road

Originally Posted by Shimmer14 View Post
Hey guys just trying to find some actual encouragement with my real life. I try to hide the fact I have some wine or beer by myself when I'm not at work, I don't want my patients to know and I don't want it to reflect on my social life that is if I had a social life. My immediate family which are my siblings are going through their own issues and I don't want to add to them and they never respond to me anyway. I wish to know it's ok what I made my life of and I can
Fix it somehow. Maybe not drinking tonight will be helpful...
Hi Shimmer,
I didn't have a lot of encouragement in my real life.

I found an incredible well spring of it here tho...I really encourage you (and everyone else) to post here and read as much as you need to - things will get better, I promise

Originally Posted by livingnow View Post
One week today.
Whats up all?
Hey Dee, Im doing it!!
LOL that's great stuff livingnow - congrats!

you are all doing great!

D
Old 09-09-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Last night I sat down and really thought about what person I want to be and who I am now there's a vast difference. When I really looked at myself I am not all bad yay but the isolating drinking me as to change i just want to feel content with who I am and be able to deal with stress and switch off from life occasionally in healthy ways.

On my way to work today I bought a little notebook to keep in my bag to write things in like recommended reading, inspiration quotes and just general thoughts ,aspirations and to do lists. I need a way to keep focused.