Notices

Class of September 2015

Old 09-07-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Crashed and burned last night again. I'm not sure what my deal is this week. I'm doing WAY worse than my normal level of bad.

Anyhow, actually have some plans for today! Hitting up a labor day swim party here in a bit. Will stay there a couple hours. Later today Ohio State is playing. H will be away on travel for work (he's heading out after the party), but I'm getting take-out (Buffalo Wild Wings!) and watching the game... with soda!
Old 09-07-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Glad to see people checking in! I'm hangover free this morning as well :-)
I slept 9 hours which is kind of unusual, my insomnia comes and goes, I'm still completely exhausted though, I think I over did it working 8-14 hours for 1.5 month, plus drinking and insomnia.
But I have my vitamins, and I have pre made dinners for the week that are nice and healthy. :-)

What else...feeling good about sobriety, I've been trying to get sober since dec last year and really should be in every class since then

My drinking has gotten better and more responsible, but that's not the point, I want it out of my life, I want complete sobriety and to be the person I want to be, I'm very close, I just need to get the alcohol out of my life.
Sometimes I only drink one bottle of wine for 2 weeks, when it used to be 2 bottles a night every 2-4 days.
I'm ready to let it go now, it'll be hard I know; I've been a steady wine drinker for 15 years now, my love of wine has morphed into alcoholism, and drinking when you know you're an alcoholic is one of the saddest, loneliest feelings in the world.

I'm healthy as far as I know, but I worry a lot about what's to come- alcohol stripping my body of vitamins, liver disease, changes in my metabolism, bloated swollen face, dehydrated , red face, dull eyes and on and on, the truth is that I love myself and my life ( it hasn't always been that way, but it is now) and I can no longer sit back and do this to myself, it's not right.

Anyway, thanks for listening, I have a tough road ahead, I'm excited and scared, I don't really trust myself, but I'll take it one day and at time, I've been making a plan and I'm hoping to beat this thing once and for all.

Xoxo
Old 09-07-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day six. Still on holiday but enjoying it hangover free. Bit down today, not unexpected and I can handle it. Just tough to get motivated and plenty I would like to accomplish. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredofme View Post
Hello day 2 here I caved in on Saturday night found another trigger sun.
Yeah, sun's a trigger for me too..I drank yesterday because it was sunny and I wanted 'just one' beer in the beer garden...I had three but did manage to ditch the two bottles I bought on the way home. So, day one again.

I say that the sun was the trigger but really I think I was feeling lonely. I'm pretty introverted so I do enjoy my own company and have loads of things I like to do alone but sometimes it gets a bit much. So, I think the main thing I need to work on is developing some sober hobbies that involve other people.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Joining the class. Day 2.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Howdy September!

Just stopped by to say being a drunk blows.
Really blows hard.

Being sober rules. It's soooo much better!

There's a looong life ahead of us. Might as well spend them being proud, strong, and clear minded with a mission!
Old 09-07-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Joining the class finally, day 1, I've been waiting for my supervised home detox to start for 4 weeks now and finally it's here!

I'm so relieved, drank for the last time, last night, now taking a tapering dose of Librium for 7 days, then onto acrampasate for 6 months to stop cravings.

Just played the card game Happy Families with my husband and 2 boys after tea and the irony wasn't lost on me that normally I'd have almost finished my first bottle of Chardonnay by now and would have no interest in family card games.

Feel quite calm at the moment, trying not to think too far ahead into the future. I've got to try and live in the moment.

Good luck all, I'm drinking mint water tonight, might have a spicy tomato juice once kids are in bed.

Looking forward to my first sober sleep tonight in months although I'm aware that I will probably have trouble sleeping...
Old 09-07-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foreverfuzzy View Post
Joining the class finally, day 1, I've been waiting for my supervised home detox to start for 4 weeks now and finally it's here!

I'm so relieved, drank for the last time, last night, now taking a tapering dose of Librium for 7 days, then onto acrampasate for 6 months to stop cravings.

Just played the card game Happy Families with my husband and 2 boys after tea and the irony wasn't lost on me that normally I'd have almost finished my first bottle of Chardonnay by now and would have no interest in family card games.

Feel quite calm at the moment, trying not to think too far ahead into the future. I've got to try and live in the moment.

Good luck all, I'm drinking mint water tonight, might have a spicy tomato juice once kids are in bed.

Looking forward to my first sober sleep tonight in months although I'm aware that I will probably have trouble sleeping...
Yay! You made it!
I've seen you around and I'm so glad your day has arrived!!
Xoxo
Welcome to september class
Old 09-07-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsaneHeart View Post
Joining the class. Day 2.
Yay! Glad to have a new member!
Welcome and I look forward to getting to know you
Old 09-07-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Two gallons of lemon water in the fridge and now to keep my hands busy by getting this house clean! It's really hard to clean when you are hungover and have no energy.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Two gallons of lemon water in the fridge and now to keep my hands busy by getting this house clean! It's really hard to clean when you are hungover and have no energy.
I love lemon water!
Laying in bed watching netflix is difficult hungover, let alone cleaning the house!
Old 09-07-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I love lemon water!
Laying in bd watching netflix is difficult hungover, let alone cleaning the house!
So true!
Old 09-07-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

So what's everyone using as far as recovery methods?
I'm leaning towards AVRT and SMART recovery, I like AA for socializing but I don't like the program-I'm not saying it's not effective, it's just not for me so much.
I found a secular AA I like, but it's only once a week, I think I'll attend that one.

I'm also actually reading the links Dee posts and making a plan for myself, I'm actually enjoying the process of making a plan this time, rather than white knuckling it and just trying to get some sober days under my belt.

Of course I also use SR
Old 09-07-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I started by reading the big book. We only have a weekly meeting of AA in the little town I live in, but I will be going on Wednesday. Reading lots of recovery stories and watching documentaries on recovery.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

I started by reading the big book. We only have a weekly meeting of AA in the little town I live in, but I will be going on Wednesday. Reading lots of recovery stories and watching documentaries on recovery.
Ah yes, I like watching the documentaries too
Old 09-07-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me. I'd like to join for some extra support! I stupidly drank two half bottles of Chardonnay which = one full bottle. Ugh! Had a horrible night of sweating and panic attacks, headaches and nausea. I'm a binge wine drinker, mostly drink alone at home but have been known to drink with friends as well. Basically I just love wine too much and need to stop since I can't regulate myself well once I start drinking. I should probably be more hungover than I am today - but I'll take it. Have quit wine many, many times. Desperately need this to be my last Day 1!
Old 09-07-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Seems like most of us in this class are alone wine drinkers. Interesting!
At least we're not alone in it
Old 09-07-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
Day 1 for me. I'd like to join for some extra support! I stupidly drank two half bottles of Chardonnay which = one full bottle. Ugh! Had a horrible night of sweating and panic attacks, headaches and nausea. I'm a binge wine drinker, mostly drink alone at home but have been known to drink with friends as well. Basically I just love wine too much and need to stop since I can't regulate myself well once I start drinking. I should probably be more hungover than I am today - but I'll take it. Have quit wine many, many times. Desperately need this to be my last Day 1!
Wine was my favourite too but always my worst enemy, could never have just one or two, hated sharing a bottle with someone else, if I was going to a friends house I'd take my own one or two bottles "sorry I'm just really fussy on what I drink" like anyone ever fell for that : ((((

After 20 + years of trying and failing to control and regulate it progressed to me drinking to blackout every night. Still got up and went to work, still did the shopping, cooked meal etc, but the frequency of the blackouts scared me into the realisation that it had to STOP for good.

Good luck : )
Old 09-07-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foreverfuzzy View Post
Wine was my favourite too but always my worst enemy, could never have just one or two, hated sharing a bottle with someone else, if I was going to a friends house I'd take my own one or two bottles "sorry I'm just really fussy on what I drink" like anyone ever fell for that : ((((

After 20 + years of trying and failing to control and regulate it progressed to me drinking to blackout every night. Still got up and went to work, still did the shopping, cooked meal etc, but the frequency of the blackouts scared me into the realisation that it had to STOP for good.

Good luck : )
I started blacking out almost every time from the wine too, and I never liked to share mine either
Old 09-07-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Red face I'm here

Well, Im hitting day 1 again. Quit drinking yesterday at 3am and slept all day. Serious fuzzy brain today. Tired of hating myself. Tired of having to say sorry to someone every time I drink. Sorry that a hangover doesn't mean recover and move on, it means drink more and worry about recovery and the hangover tomorrow.
It gets old working so hard towards being successful at work only to be a failure at home.
Itsalsogetting old adding drugs into the drunkeness because I've been getting drunk so long something else to make it worse sounds like a good idea.
I quit last year for 5 months and they were the best months ever.
Just got to get home without stopping at the LQ on a Thurs or Fri these days. Biggest trigger days.
I hope finding friends here can help me through the tough times.
Thanks for listening. <3