Notices

Class of September 2015

Old 09-06-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I'm excited that I won't wake up with a hangover in the morning.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

That has got to be one of the best parts of sobriety waking up sober with no hangover to come
Old 09-06-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Agreed, no matter what suffering occurs to ward off cravings, the sober morning is always worth it
Old 09-06-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vanaprastha View Post
Jsbodhi: the library?

Nice to see everyone's sober day posts!
It is! You are correct
Old 09-06-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Hi all- Sorry I have been away. Trying to stay busy so I don't drink. Went to the water park today and I am so burned! But it was fun, and I was with my son, and I will actually remember it. Not like the past times I have gone drunk or sat at the swim up bar/pool instead of doing rides.
I usually only drink water or alcohol. Whats funny is that I always had guilt drink soda, like Diet Coke or whatever, bc it's so bad for you. (I recognize the irony here). Diet Coke or Vodka? Oh Diet Coke is so bad for you. Well I chose Diet Coke today and in my head I said, wow this is actually really good. And better for me than vodka.
I am exhuasted from all the sun & slides so bed will early tonight. I hope I don't get night sweats since I am already burnt.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Class, I stumbled yesterday and drank at a family function. Pretty pissed at myself. Today was hard, but I haven't drank anything and don't plan to. I'm glad that others are doing better.

Looking forward to waking up sober tomorrow too.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FacingFuture View Post
Class, I stumbled yesterday and drank at a family function. Pretty pissed at myself. Today was hard, but I haven't drank anything and don't plan to. I'm glad that others are doing better.

Looking forward to waking up sober tomorrow too.
Just keep going xoxo
Old 09-06-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I would like to join this class if I can please. I am trying to make today my new day 1. I have just under two hours to go. I have no alcohol here so unless I leave to get some, I will make it.

To all those that have posted here that drink alone, that is me as well. If I do drink in public, it is just one or at the most, two drinks and I am done. That is why it has been easy for me to hide this from my family & friends.

K8, you mention day 3 was hard for you, the last time I did this I failed on day 3 two times and had to start over. If I can get through today, tomorrow I am sure will be easier, but day 3 scares me.

I am from the class of June 2015 and had 67 days until I relapsed in August. I have been having a hard time getting back on track since then. I tried joining the August class but I wasn't dedicated enough.

The last week or so I have been drinking daily, and more than I ever have before. I have gone from two bottles of wine a night to three. And another thing that is scaring me is I don't feel as hung over as I think I should be drinking that much. I do have physical symptoms that are new and/or getting worse and I know the alcohol is killing me and I need to be sober again. I don't want my life to be like this anymore. Hoping this will be my last day one.

Wishing everyone well and a happy & sober Monday
Old 09-06-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad to see you back in here, emme. You've got a lot on your plate right now, but I think you know that adding drinking two or three bottles of wine a night on top of everything else is certainly not helping any. I still try to read every post in here just like I did for your June class. Let me know if I can help you in any way...
Old 09-06-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Hi everyone, I would like to join this class if I can please. I am trying to make today my new day 1. I have just under two hours to go. I have no alcohol here so unless I leave to get some, I will make it.

To all those that have posted here that drink alone, that is me as well. If I do drink in public, it is just one or at the most, two drinks and I am done. That is why it has been easy for me to hide this from my family & friends.

K8, you mention day 3 was hard for you, the last time I did this I failed on day 3 two times and had to start over. If I can get through today, tomorrow I am sure will be easier, but day 3 scares me.

I am from the class of June 2015 and had 67 days until I relapsed in August. I have been having a hard time getting back on track since then. I tried joining the August class but I wasn't dedicated enough.

The last week or so I have been drinking daily, and more than I ever have before. I have gone from two bottles of wine a night to three. And another thing that is scaring me is I don't feel as hung over as I think I should be drinking that much. I do have physical symptoms that are new and/or getting worse and I know the alcohol is killing me and I need to be sober again. I don't want my life to be like this anymore. Hoping this will be my last day one.

Wishing everyone well and a happy & sober Monday
Welcome back, I'm an alone wine binge drinker too.
We can do this, keep stringing the days together xoxo
Old 09-06-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hi Casey~ yes, I agree the wine is not helping anything and I do need to stop. I am hoping I can quit for good this time. Thanks for your support & I hope you are doing well
Old 09-06-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Allow me to join this group.

I've been here before and have joined, maybe, 4 monthly groups. I generally manage somewhere between 2 to 3 months then mess up. I'm a weekend binge drinker and am generally sober during the week. Each time I slip my drinking escalates culminating in this weekend when I drink 3 bottles of wine, a personal worst for me.

I feel like I'm killing myself and my Sundays are full of self-loathing and despair.

One thing that always trips me up is a looming event, such as a holiday, friend visiting from out of town etc where I can't fathom not drinking. I feel I would be letting them down. At present I don't have anything on the horizon so I should be able to get some time, momentum and resistance going.

I hope to initially post daily, though my posts will be inane ramblings I'm sure.

Oh and I'm on day 2. I didn't drink on Sunday the 5th.

Last edited by Midton; 09-06-2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: cant count to two
Old 09-06-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Midton, and FF and emme

It's clear this problem is a recurring one for you guys.
Have y'all thought of working to some kind of plan this time?

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...SMA12-4474.pdf
D
Old 09-06-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hey midton,
Nice to have you in our class xoxo
Old 09-06-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Dee, as always I'm just winging it. There is no support, groups, meetings around here. I'm pretty much at a loss. I know I can do it, I really believe that.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Administrator

I edited to add some links.

I winged it for a lot of years...it usually meant doing the same thing again, but trying to do it better...

Looking back I feel now that's too vague if you want to be sure of a different outcome.

The links I posted above are about tailoring a recovery plan to your needs.

I think the ideas they raise apply from Sheffield to the Sahara

D
Old 09-07-2015, 01:39 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Day 8. Suffering hard with my headaches and stomache problems. No time to think about drinking. Hope you all are well.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hello day 2 here I caved in on Saturday night found another trigger sun. So much easier to snuggle down on a miserable evening with a book or TV than when the sun is shinning and it's warm outside.

Thanks for the link about a plan Dee I really need one just finding it hard to put one together struggling to figure out where to start.

This time I am trying to dig down deep and try to understand why I drink not just concentrate on not drinking.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Hello! I have stumbled up down and all around. Have huge, looming stress and a life long anxiety disorder that are my roadblocks. Also realizing that all my friends drink. Have had longer times of sobriety and the new understanding that I just can't drink this summer are the positives. Negatives are that the times I have drank major disaster has occurred. I just want to fast forward time right now. Rebuilding is so hard and guilt ridden. I need to reach out here and interact with sober people or those trying to be or who want to be. I have lots of friends but have never felt so lonely.
Lilly
Old 09-07-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

LostLilly i feel the same way, lots of friends but none I want to be around bc everything revolves around drinking. I work in sales & travel a lot (which usually leads me to drink but I can stop drinking for that) so at least that keeps me social. But to honest, I find solace in my solitude. It reminds me that I am in control of my life, no one else.

Woke up this morning with no hangover. I had to restart since i failed on friday. I do think I am doing better though this time. I haven't vomited, but I have been eating, which I wasn't doing before. I stocked up on vitamins & started off this morning with warm lemon water (I don't remember who told me this but thank you). I got some sleep but due to Ambien, however I will take it. 7 full hours is something I haven't seen in 2 years.