Blogs


Notices

Class of September 2015

Old 09-06-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,086
Blog Entries: 3
Day two here. I slept for 12 hours and had the usual drunk dreams. I feel good this morning and pleased to be here and reading what everyone has been up to.

Today I will mostly be drinking coffee, watching films and spending time with my fiancÚ. I love sundays.

I hope you all have a lovely day.
JaneLane is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JaneLane For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), carebearlost (09-06-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), K8Fazz (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 02:12 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 943
Originally Posted by JaneLane View Post
Day two here. I slept for 12 hours and had the usual drunk dreams. I feel good this morning and pleased to be here and reading what everyone has been up to.

Today I will mostly be drinking coffee, watching films and spending time with my fiancÚ. I love sundays.

I hope you all have a lovely day.
Hi Jane, that's good you got a great sleep, it helps loads Hope you have a lovely day to.

Peace X
Deleteda is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Deleteda For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,086
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by Peacehappyness View Post
Hi Jane, that's good you got a great sleep, it helps loads Hope you have a lovely day to. Peace X
It's very rare for me so I'm glad my body did what it needed to do!

What are you up to today? X
JaneLane is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JaneLane For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 943
Hi all day 7 now, AV has quieted down this morning so it's great to get a bit of a rest from it harping on. I'm going to really work on filling my time up, I've got too much of it on my hands these days after being very busy for years and I don't do well with it, boredom is lethal to me and my AV just loves it. I'm not working outside the home just now and my child has flown the nest so not a lot to keep me occupied and that has to change. I'm a big exerciser but that just flies out the window when there is drink or hangover going on which then leads to eating too much, feeling lousy and bored therefore a viscous circle. I'm going to try to schedule out things to do including housework errands etc for this week and then try to fill in the extra time with other things. Idle hands and all that = bad news!

The class seems to have gone a wee bit quieter but hopefully they will be more people posting soon.

If you've had a drink , over the weekend and feel bad, don't! Just come right back here and start again. Well that's what I (keep on) doing, one day it will work!

Peace X
Deleteda is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Deleteda For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 943
Originally Posted by JaneLane View Post
It's very rare for me so I'm glad my body did what it needed to do!

What are you up to today? X
Hi Jane, I think I'm going to head out soon for a wee jog, have to get back into running just not looking forward to starting over again , lol. Oh and try not to eat everything in the house today, I'm always starving in early sobriety and its not had a good impact on my weight gah!

Peace X
Deleteda is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Deleteda For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: London
Posts: 60
Hey PeaceHappyness

Hope you are well. Glad your AV has quietened down, it can be a b*tch can't it?

I used to think that I drank through boredom, but it was just the crack that the AV needed to get alcohol back in to my life. I am back to filling my days up with stuff to do, sometimes it is just simply taking my time over things, I used to whizz around the supermarket like a woman possessed! I guess that was just getting everything I needed so that I could get back home and drink. I used to get frustrated at the people who dawdled round the shop, now I am taking my time and even spending time looking at things I have no intention of buying - just to eek out another 10 minutes of time.

I have found exercising is a great way of taking up some time. I have an exercise bike in my place, so regardless of the time of day, I can jump on and spend as little or as long as I have just cycling away whilst I watch the telly or listen to music.

The other thing I am doing is downloading books on to my kindle. I've always been a big reader, but in recent years have been reading for work rather than pleasure, I have gone back to fiction books this week and really enjoying getting in to some great stories.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday PeaceHappyness! Well done on day 7!

K8
K8Fazz is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to K8Fazz For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,086
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by Peacehappyness View Post
Hi Jane, I think I'm going to head out soon for a wee jog, have to get back into running just not looking forward to starting over again , lol. Oh and try not to eat everything in the house today, I'm always starving in early sobriety and its not had a good impact on my weight gah! Peace X
I hope the running goes well! I'm on a mission to gain back some weight and I went back to weight lifting this week. Nothing like the return of leg day!

I've got a thing for fox's glacier mints at the moment. The sweet tooth has come back with a vengeance haha.

Have a good day :-) x
JaneLane is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JaneLane For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), K8Fazz (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,086
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by K8Fazz View Post
Hey PeaceHappyness Hope you are well. Glad your AV has quietened down, it can be a b*tch can't it? I used to think that I drank through boredom, but it was just the crack that the AV needed to get alcohol back in to my life. I am back to filling my days up with stuff to do, sometimes it is just simply taking my time over things, I used to whizz around the supermarket like a woman possessed! I guess that was just getting everything I needed so that I could get back home and drink. I used to get frustrated at the people who dawdled round the shop, now I am taking my time and even spending time looking at things I have no intention of buying - just to eek out another 10 minutes of time. I have found exercising is a great way of taking up some time. I have an exercise bike in my place, so regardless of the time of day, I can jump on and spend as little or as long as I have just cycling away whilst I watch the telly or listen to music. The other thing I am doing is downloading books on to my kindle. I've always been a big reader, but in recent years have been reading for work rather than pleasure, I have gone back to fiction books this week and really enjoying getting in to some great stories. Hope you have a lovely Sunday PeaceHappyness! Well done on day 7! K8
The reading is a great suggestion. It's funny, I've always been a huge reader too, but I didn't realise how much my reading had slowed down during the drinking days. It makes sense really but I'm determined to make up for lost time and get that reading list going!
JaneLane is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JaneLane For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), K8Fazz (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Member
 
kinzoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 888
Day seven. What an insane day. Its 9pm and I just woke up. The night before I barely slept because my stomach was in intense pain and nauseau due too, i have no idea? I couldnt sleep, couldnt move much, it was ridiculous. I havent had a stomach attack that bad in god knows how long.

I guess I can be greatful I had no booze on top of it? I think i dont get those attacks when drinking because it masks the symptoms of my (I have a stomach and a prostate problem) body.

I feel crazily disoriented and I have no idea how im going to work tomorrow. At least its not a hangover and I can go in honestly and explain that I am sick. Yeesh.
kinzoku is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kinzoku For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,109
Hey all! I'm going to join this class. I'm on day 2 after going back to drinking last month. I've been drinking 3-4 times a week usually anywhere between 5-12 tall boys per session. I don't know why I started back up except that I'm addicted and can't/won't stay stopped. All I can do it keep trying though. I had made a Big Plan to never drink again and never change my mind but I think it's too overwhelming for me (or some would argue my addicted boozed up part of my brain) so for now I'm just going to take it one day one moment at a time. I never drink now rather than I never drink forever.

Best of luck to us all! Hope everyone has a lovely sober day
Wholesome is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wholesome For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), K8Fazz (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Member
 
BeanSkillet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 70
Day 7 here. I'm definitely happy I have made it this far but I know not to let my guard down after relapsing after only 20 days last month. I'm working on doing anything I can to stay strong and not let my AV get the best of me. Just wanted to check in and let yall know I'm still fighting.
BeanSkillet is offline  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BeanSkillet For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), K8Fazz (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015), vanaprastha (09-06-2015), Yellowyellow (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Member
 
Yellowyellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 41
Day 4. Feeling better mentally but tummy still wonky. All systems operating normally except appetite. I must have scoured the whole lining out of my stomach!
Yellowyellow is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Yellowyellow For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Almost 700 years sober
 
Soberwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 66,887
Blog Entries: 4
Congrats to Kinzoku & BeanSkillet on a week sober

Congrats to Zenchaser on day 2 & Congrats to YellowYellow on day 4

Soberwolf is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soberwolf For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), K8Fazz (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015), Yellowyellow (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: maine
Posts: 158
Lovely day here. Been raking leaves and admiring bird song. Really hear it now that I'm sober!
Elizabeth333 is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elizabeth333 For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015), vanaprastha (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,086
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by kinzoku View Post
Day seven. What an insane day. Its 9pm and I just woke up. The night before I barely slept because my stomach was in intense pain and nauseau due too, i have no idea? I couldnt sleep, couldnt move much, it was ridiculous. I havent had a stomach attack that bad in god knows how long. I guess I can be greatful I had no booze on top of it? I think i dont get those attacks when drinking because it masks the symptoms of my (I have a stomach and a prostate problem) body. I feel crazily disoriented and I have no idea how im going to work tomorrow. At least its not a hangover and I can go in honestly and explain that I am sick. Yeesh.

I'm sorry to hear you are unwell but alcohol would have made it so much worse. Stay strong and you will get through this
JaneLane is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JaneLane For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 741
Sliding over to September, official sober date is September 3rd. So I'm closing in on day 3. Hello classmates.
FaithfulAndFree is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FaithfulAndFree For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015), saoirse (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Member
 
saoirse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 102
Hi all. Just checking in, day 5. Doing okay. Get a few whispers from the AV, but staying strong.
saoirse is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 943
Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
Hey all! I'm going to join this class. I'm on day 2 after going back to drinking last month. I've been drinking 3-4 times a week usually anywhere between 5-12 tall boys per session. I don't know why I started back up except that I'm addicted and can't/won't stay stopped. All I can do it keep trying though. I had made a Big Plan to never drink again and never change my mind but I think it's too overwhelming for me (or some would argue my addicted boozed up part of my brain) so for now I'm just going to take it one day one moment at a time. I never drink now rather than I never drink forever.

Best of luck to us all! Hope everyone has a lovely sober day
Hey Zen, glad to see you here I've enjoyed reading your posts in the past. I'm a serial relapsertoo but I just keep getting back up and trying again!
Have a lovely sober day too.
Peace X
Deleteda is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deleteda For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Member
 
Jsbodhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,837
Hey guys,

Just checking in, cooking and going to habe a DIY spa night at home
Jsbodhi is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jsbodhi For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), vanaprastha (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit
 
vanaprastha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,550
Jsbodhi: the library?

Nice to see everyone's sober day posts!
vanaprastha is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vanaprastha For This Useful Post:
Aarryckha (09-09-2015), CaseyW (09-06-2015), Dee74 (09-06-2015), Deleteda (09-06-2015), Jsbodhi (09-06-2015)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:48 AM.