Notices

Class of September 2015

Old 09-06-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Day two here. I slept for 12 hours and had the usual drunk dreams. I feel good this morning and pleased to be here and reading what everyone has been up to.

Today I will mostly be drinking coffee, watching films and spending time with my fiancé. I love sundays.

I hope you all have a lovely day.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:12 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaneLane View Post
Day two here. I slept for 12 hours and had the usual drunk dreams. I feel good this morning and pleased to be here and reading what everyone has been up to.

Today I will mostly be drinking coffee, watching films and spending time with my fiancé. I love sundays.

I hope you all have a lovely day.
Hi Jane, that's good you got a great sleep, it helps loads Hope you have a lovely day to.

Peace X
Old 09-06-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Peacehappyness View Post
Hi Jane, that's good you got a great sleep, it helps loads Hope you have a lovely day to. Peace X
It's very rare for me so I'm glad my body did what it needed to do!

What are you up to today? X
Old 09-06-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hi all day 7 now, AV has quieted down this morning so it's great to get a bit of a rest from it harping on. I'm going to really work on filling my time up, I've got too much of it on my hands these days after being very busy for years and I don't do well with it, boredom is lethal to me and my AV just loves it. I'm not working outside the home just now and my child has flown the nest so not a lot to keep me occupied and that has to change. I'm a big exerciser but that just flies out the window when there is drink or hangover going on which then leads to eating too much, feeling lousy and bored therefore a viscous circle. I'm going to try to schedule out things to do including housework errands etc for this week and then try to fill in the extra time with other things. Idle hands and all that = bad news!

The class seems to have gone a wee bit quieter but hopefully they will be more people posting soon.

If you've had a drink , over the weekend and feel bad, don't! Just come right back here and start again. Well that's what I (keep on) doing, one day it will work!

Peace X
Old 09-06-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaneLane View Post
It's very rare for me so I'm glad my body did what it needed to do!

What are you up to today? X
Hi Jane, I think I'm going to head out soon for a wee jog, have to get back into running just not looking forward to starting over again , lol. Oh and try not to eat everything in the house today, I'm always starving in early sobriety and its not had a good impact on my weight gah!

Peace X
Old 09-06-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hey PeaceHappyness

Hope you are well. Glad your AV has quietened down, it can be a b*tch can't it?

I used to think that I drank through boredom, but it was just the crack that the AV needed to get alcohol back in to my life. I am back to filling my days up with stuff to do, sometimes it is just simply taking my time over things, I used to whizz around the supermarket like a woman possessed! I guess that was just getting everything I needed so that I could get back home and drink. I used to get frustrated at the people who dawdled round the shop, now I am taking my time and even spending time looking at things I have no intention of buying - just to eek out another 10 minutes of time.

I have found exercising is a great way of taking up some time. I have an exercise bike in my place, so regardless of the time of day, I can jump on and spend as little or as long as I have just cycling away whilst I watch the telly or listen to music.

The other thing I am doing is downloading books on to my kindle. I've always been a big reader, but in recent years have been reading for work rather than pleasure, I have gone back to fiction books this week and really enjoying getting in to some great stories.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday PeaceHappyness! Well done on day 7!

K8
Old 09-06-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Peacehappyness View Post
Hi Jane, I think I'm going to head out soon for a wee jog, have to get back into running just not looking forward to starting over again , lol. Oh and try not to eat everything in the house today, I'm always starving in early sobriety and its not had a good impact on my weight gah! Peace X
I hope the running goes well! I'm on a mission to gain back some weight and I went back to weight lifting this week. Nothing like the return of leg day!

I've got a thing for fox's glacier mints at the moment. The sweet tooth has come back with a vengeance haha.

Have a good day :-) x
Old 09-06-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by K8Fazz View Post
Hey PeaceHappyness Hope you are well. Glad your AV has quietened down, it can be a b*tch can't it? I used to think that I drank through boredom, but it was just the crack that the AV needed to get alcohol back in to my life. I am back to filling my days up with stuff to do, sometimes it is just simply taking my time over things, I used to whizz around the supermarket like a woman possessed! I guess that was just getting everything I needed so that I could get back home and drink. I used to get frustrated at the people who dawdled round the shop, now I am taking my time and even spending time looking at things I have no intention of buying - just to eek out another 10 minutes of time. I have found exercising is a great way of taking up some time. I have an exercise bike in my place, so regardless of the time of day, I can jump on and spend as little or as long as I have just cycling away whilst I watch the telly or listen to music. The other thing I am doing is downloading books on to my kindle. I've always been a big reader, but in recent years have been reading for work rather than pleasure, I have gone back to fiction books this week and really enjoying getting in to some great stories. Hope you have a lovely Sunday PeaceHappyness! Well done on day 7! K8
The reading is a great suggestion. It's funny, I've always been a huge reader too, but I didn't realise how much my reading had slowed down during the drinking days. It makes sense really but I'm determined to make up for lost time and get that reading list going!
Old 09-06-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Day seven. What an insane day. Its 9pm and I just woke up. The night before I barely slept because my stomach was in intense pain and nauseau due too, i have no idea? I couldnt sleep, couldnt move much, it was ridiculous. I havent had a stomach attack that bad in god knows how long.

I guess I can be greatful I had no booze on top of it? I think i dont get those attacks when drinking because it masks the symptoms of my (I have a stomach and a prostate problem) body.

I feel crazily disoriented and I have no idea how im going to work tomorrow. At least its not a hangover and I can go in honestly and explain that I am sick. Yeesh.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hey all! I'm going to join this class. I'm on day 2 after going back to drinking last month. I've been drinking 3-4 times a week usually anywhere between 5-12 tall boys per session. I don't know why I started back up except that I'm addicted and can't/won't stay stopped. All I can do it keep trying though. I had made a Big Plan to never drink again and never change my mind but I think it's too overwhelming for me (or some would argue my addicted boozed up part of my brain) so for now I'm just going to take it one day one moment at a time. I never drink now rather than I never drink forever.

Best of luck to us all! Hope everyone has a lovely sober day
Old 09-06-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Day 7 here. I'm definitely happy I have made it this far but I know not to let my guard down after relapsing after only 20 days last month. I'm working on doing anything I can to stay strong and not let my AV get the best of me. Just wanted to check in and let yall know I'm still fighting.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Day 4. Feeling better mentally but tummy still wonky. All systems operating normally except appetite. I must have scoured the whole lining out of my stomach!
Old 09-06-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats to Kinzoku & BeanSkillet on a week sober

Congrats to Zenchaser on day 2 & Congrats to YellowYellow on day 4

Old 09-06-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Lovely day here. Been raking leaves and admiring bird song. Really hear it now that I'm sober!
Old 09-06-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kinzoku View Post
Day seven. What an insane day. Its 9pm and I just woke up. The night before I barely slept because my stomach was in intense pain and nauseau due too, i have no idea? I couldnt sleep, couldnt move much, it was ridiculous. I havent had a stomach attack that bad in god knows how long. I guess I can be greatful I had no booze on top of it? I think i dont get those attacks when drinking because it masks the symptoms of my (I have a stomach and a prostate problem) body. I feel crazily disoriented and I have no idea how im going to work tomorrow. At least its not a hangover and I can go in honestly and explain that I am sick. Yeesh.

I'm sorry to hear you are unwell but alcohol would have made it so much worse. Stay strong and you will get through this
Old 09-06-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Sliding over to September, official sober date is September 3rd. So I'm closing in on day 3. Hello classmates.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just checking in, day 5. Doing okay. Get a few whispers from the AV, but staying strong.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
Hey all! I'm going to join this class. I'm on day 2 after going back to drinking last month. I've been drinking 3-4 times a week usually anywhere between 5-12 tall boys per session. I don't know why I started back up except that I'm addicted and can't/won't stay stopped. All I can do it keep trying though. I had made a Big Plan to never drink again and never change my mind but I think it's too overwhelming for me (or some would argue my addicted boozed up part of my brain) so for now I'm just going to take it one day one moment at a time. I never drink now rather than I never drink forever.

Best of luck to us all! Hope everyone has a lovely sober day
Hey Zen, glad to see you here I've enjoyed reading your posts in the past. I'm a serial relapsertoo but I just keep getting back up and trying again!
Have a lovely sober day too.
Peace X
Old 09-06-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Just checking in, cooking and going to habe a DIY spa night at home
Old 09-06-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Jsbodhi: the library?

Nice to see everyone's sober day posts!