Notices

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part3

Old 08-29-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Just hang in there. What distracts you? Going for a walk? Bad TV? Baking?
Old 08-29-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Just gonna do my invoices and head off to work, then going to spend the night with my irishman ( he leaves on tues)
He doesn't drink so that'll keep me occupied, I'm going to make a serious sober plan over the next couple of days- then I'm going off to the deep south USA, the person I'm staying with in Alabama doesn't drink either, so that'll be good, I'm not really much of a drinker on my holidays, so that'll help me get some more sober time under my belt.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Thanks Jsbodhi - It's the ones fighting the Beast everyday , that I like to Congratulate Happy your feeling a little better Yea !!

Venecia - If you were asking me about my anxiety . It can be caused by just about anything . ie . My old dog's hips giving out , at times wondering if I may have to put her down ( before winter) gets here . Could even be a Cat after one of the birds at my Feeder
Old 08-29-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Here I go again Jsbodhi typing so slow - I'm missing posts LOL Glad you have some sober friends that helps .
Old 08-29-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Time for a group hug....

I'm glad we have a couple of veterans in our midst. I really felt like drinking last night, but didn't, and I'm so glad today.

Frank! We are all missing you!
Old 08-29-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Please check in, Frank.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Frank I searched all day , was a lot of interviewing . Finally found a Blood Hound that will find you . So you better show up soon . Or I will have the owner put him on your trail ... You've been warned !!
https://youtu.be/5WoZrbRkU1E
Old 08-29-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well, he is from 'Lost' after all. I expect he will post when he is ready

I think I have had a PAWS day today - I can't seem to feel any emotion or string a coherent thought together. My fault for leaving too much free time today - free time is my mortal enemy (well, that and Jeremy Clarkson )
Old 08-29-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I know what you mean about inactivity.

Jeremy Clarkson - what a creep, frankly. Okay, now I feel mean, but what a bigot. Okay, still being mean, but what an infant. Okay, just stop now.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Sao, I'm sorry you're having a rough one. PAWS? I never could really figure out if I had it or not. There was certainly a period of time when I was, for lack of a better word, stupid.

It's hard to describe what it's been like since then. There were also extenuating circumstances, which I have mentioned before on SR, most notably the death of my father. I did stay sober when Dad died. (See below.)

I've always taken great inspiration from the veterans here, particularly Dee. What I can say to those Lapidaslanders who are newer to sobriety is that you simply have to operate on faith. Not religious -- though it can be -- but simply a trust that life will get better the further alcoholism recedes into our past. And this, which is something of a mantra: The only thing alcohol does reliably well is make everything worse.

I don't miss it. There is a handful of SRers with whom I'm in contact in real life and just the other evening one of them and I caught up on the phone. We've both reached the point where thoughts of drinking are fleeting, and very quickly unappealing.

You can do this. We can do this.

People who are creepy, mean, bigoted and infantile? Oh yeah, we definitely have them in the States.

Take care.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouraging words V!
Made it through tonight, worked and had a bbq, gonna shower and maybe play some cards.
Hows everyone else doing tonight?!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
I know what you mean about inactivity.

Jeremy Clarkson - what a creep, frankly. Okay, now I feel mean, but what a bigot. Okay, still being mean, but what an infant. Okay, just stop now.
Is Jeremy Clarkson the UK version of Trump?
Old 08-29-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Venecia. That is so good to hear. If you don't mind, us Lapidaslanders may lend your ear from time to time :-)

Yes, Sadie. I think it's a pretty good comparison. Maybe it was always the case with some folk, but it does seem a bit like people get all moneyed-up and then think they can say whatever they like and somehow it's 'gold'. I don't know. It's not the individuals themselves that are so scary, but the millions who follow them.

Doing pretty okay thanks, Jsbodhi :-) Hope you are feeling okay, Saoutchik. I love your avatar btw. Hi Nest and all Lapidaslanders! Where is Cissy? Not to mention our host?!!!

xxx
Old 08-30-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Head seems in a better place today - I don't exhibit PAWS every day fortunately Venecia

Hi Sadie - Clarkson was the a presenter of a popular BBC motoring show (he got fired for punching an assistant producer) Basically Trump attitude-wise.

Glad you doing OK Tooshabby - I sponsor a couple of penguins at London Zoo although they look nothing like my avatar. They are Humboldt penguins - Hank and Grizelda. Your Avatar is good too
Old 08-30-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

3:15 am- insomnia tonight
Old 08-30-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Insomnia is so shite. Just about to try to sleep now........

xxx
Old 08-30-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Insomnia does get better over time. Tough going though when your mind won't rest
Old 08-30-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Good afternoon All - that's here in Franks thread or whatever your Time zone your in
I've always been a light sleeper . Dad was a farmer , so I got used to waking up at 3:30 am . With his alarm going off . Was tough being awake that long going to school all day .
Besides lack of sleeping - Hope you all are doing Good
Old 08-30-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Morning
Did you sleep Shabby?
Saoutchik- I hear the insomnia goes away- hopefully.... I get it from time to timeout of nowhere, I'm sure it has a ton to do with alcohol and my binge drinking.

Not much planned today, working, dinner at a friends house, glad to be getting on track with this sober thing :-)
Registered for all my classes; I'm only going to take 3 this semester, I'm taking
Sociology - social stratification
Philosophy - sex, love and death
Economics- microeconomics
I'm really looking forward to being sober for this semester
Whats everyone else up to?
Old 08-30-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I hope Frank is doing ok