Notices

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part3

Old 09-02-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

And here is the last musical interlude of the night 'Stairway to Heaven' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNc5o9TU0t0

It's a terrible video, but listen to Rodrigo and his sister Gabriela light this song up on their guitars, Hope you enjoy.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
Thanks Frank -That's what I was doing checking my liked threads , see if I could find it . No it was really bad reply . I just called Jen a Cougar . & told you I needed something a port to plug in a Microphone to my laptop . Blond moment . Yes Jen your doing really Great
Major, rolling lols.....over and over again....

Old 09-02-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Just getting up , got about 6 hour sleep about my limit , than I never feel real rested . Stinking leg cramps again , can't put my finger on it . Lacking something OBTW I did mention this to my Dr . She's a Corker . She says " Try Tonic water , me being blond & it goes over my head or a hick more like it LOL I say.
What kind of stuff is that ? ( her reply) You should know it's for mixed drinks .. I said " I never wasted time mixing any thing I drank my stuff straight

Glad your up around feeling better Tooshabby Ya I was pretty Wild whilst drinking , forgot the ending . The rat called the cops on me ...
Frank always liked Stairway to Heaven - thanks for enjoying my company
Jen you sure can come up with some interesting things LOL
saoutchic I have to shorten your name up ( chic ) if I don't keep it written down , I have to scroll up to get the spelling ( sorry) I know what you mean thread goes fast , but it's all good . I think it kept me occupied at least 2 hours Yea !!
Old 09-02-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ha, sorry Nest, I have trouble spelling it myself sometimes. Most people just type Sao which is fine by me. I'm at lunch typing this on my phone. My fat fingers and it's little keyboard is not an ideal combo. I wonder why tonic water is good for leg cramps?

I enjoyed that a capella version of stairway. I'm busy at work which makes the day go quickly -is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm 55 so I don't want to waste any more days
Old 09-02-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Frank always liked Stairway to Heaven - thanks for enjoying my company
Always do, Nest.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Sao < now I have to think what comes first a or o LOL Minerals , cause I told her I've googled my symptoms & found low on magnesium or other vitamins things .. After I bought some ( cause she said it has Quinine in it ) I googled that . I do believe she's trying to put me out of my misery . She's going to be retiring soon so that goes to show you she's Old school . They used that Sh*t back in western cowboy days
Morning Frank - You Sexy hunk of man ( blushing ) not really I'm fakin it .. I see you have a green light & your thanks on replies - so I know your Lurking
Old 09-02-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Thanks Frank your rubbing or puffing up my ego - I'm liking it ... Seeing as tho your interested in lurking my posts- replies on other threads . I'm proud of myself this am . There's a tread that says : That's ask's : If you wrote a letter back in time , to yourself what would it say ...
Old 09-02-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Morning Frank - You Sexy hunk of man ( blushing )
Wow, that makes my day!
Old 09-02-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Back to the musical interlude ?https://youtu.be/d01smJlHhQA Here's one for you Frank
Old 09-02-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Back to the musical interlude ?https://youtu.be/d01smJlHhQA Here's one for you Frank
Cool. Thank you. Very wise lyrics. And the guitar work reminds me of the Allman Brothers.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Good Morning Team,

I actually slept all night! Yes!
Long two days at work coming up, about 14 hours each, so I'll just be in briefly.
I've scheduled almost all of fri off work, so I'll go out and spend a little money; I rarely spend money on things other than travel, food, school or alcohol; so I'm going to go out and spend some on some nice things like a massage and some new winter clothes.
Spending money makes me nervous because I grew up really poor, just my momma and I.
Except on travelling, I spend a fortune on travelling.

Anyway,
How is everyone else doing?!
Its really nice to stop in and have a break reading through this thread!

Oh yes! I forgot to mention, I rescheduled my trip down south, I'd rather go when I have more money so I can enjoy myself more.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

GM Jen , wonderful news about sleeping better !! Whoa 14 hours days , where do you get that much energy ? Aww Ops I forgot you have to keep that Body fine tuned U Cougar U ... lmao
You know you made me thing more about my Bucket list - since I'm sober & can do things . I have never had a message , have always wanted one .
I used to be a penny pincher before drinking - Then after I didn't have extra went for booze . Now it's just me to worry over ( money wise) with the extra cash I do splurge from time to time .. makes me feel good
Yes trying to watch what you spend on a trip isn't really enjoyment Great idea ..
Old 09-02-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

GM Jen , wonderful news about sleeping better !! Whoa 14 hours days , where do you get that much energy ? Aww Ops I forgot you have to keep that Body fine tuned U Cougar U ... lmao
You know you made me thing more about my Bucket list - since I'm sober & can do things . I have never had a message , have always wanted one .
I used to be a penny pincher before drinking - Then after I didn't have extra went for booze . Now it's just me to worry over ( money wise) with the extra cash I do splurge from time to time .. makes me feel good
Yes trying to watch what you spend on a trip isn't really enjoyment Great idea ..
Haha! Everyone asks me where I get the energy to work such long days!
I say "greed, coffee and desperation"
And yes! I need to keep in shape to catch all the cubs! They get faster every year!
I pay for school out of my own pocket, no loans or anything so its gets pretty expensive and I end up taking all the work I can.
You definitely should get a massage! I love the spa so much!
What do you splurge on!?

What do all of you splurge on?!

Day 6
Old 09-02-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Congrats on day 6 Jen !! Well I bought a sew machine , cause I've started low carb eating 9 months ago . I had bought some new outfits 6 months ago , & now their a little big . Trying to figure out how to take some in . Took a class in sewing in school , but that was just the basic's . I do a lot of yourtube surfing on how to's . Bought some Low carb diet books . Sometimes I splurge on fingernail decals , got into doing my own fancy - nail styling . Because of my low carbing I buy more healthier food items .. stuff like that .
I'm going to look into the prices of a message - what do they go for ?
Old 09-02-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 6 days Jen

14 hour days will probably help with that insomnia too

As a lightweight I have done a mere 12 hour day, we always get busy after the Bank Holiday weekend

All things sewing related seem to be trending right know Nest. A guy on another thread I read (how appropriate) is considering buying one

Amongst other things we have an industrial sewing machine at work that can handle up to 14 garments at once, i'm not really allowed anywhere near it but they let me put my own logo on a fleece one time

I have not heard of Molly Hatchet but Frank you were spot on, their playing style does sound like the Allman Bros

Last edited by saoutchik; 09-02-2015 at 12:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-02-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

A quick pop-in to wave hello to recent posters Sao, Shabby, Jen, and Nest (you have a new AV pic. Very nice )

After this I'm off to run some errands for my mother, but will try to check back in again later.

Hope all are having a sunny and sober day.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

This is the AV I had when I first joined , Yes always did like it after I first found it . Thanks Glad you like it - Goes with the blond moments .
Yes looking forward to chatting later Frank , makes my night life less boring
Old 09-02-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Got my errands done and while driving around I recalled something from the pre-sobriety annals of Lapidasland. Here it is . . .

. . . so I'm driving down a four lane street in my Porsche and reached a stop light. Then an absolutely identical Porsche pulls up on my left and stops, driven by a stunning blonde girl. (have I mentioned before that I have a genetic weakness for blondes?) We both (apparently) thought that was pretty neat and exchanged winks and smiles. The light turned green and I proceeded to my destination, which was, of course, a bar. I pulled into one of the bar's parking spots and lo and behold the same blonde in the same Porsche pulled in right beside me. Kismet! Destiny! In a Hollywood movie this would be called "meeting cute". This, I was certain, was the woman I would spend the rest of my life with. Or at the very least have some quick, cheap, tawdry sex with. So, we look at each other again, exchange another round of smiles. I get out of my car, all studly and everything, filled with eager anticipation. Then . . . I trip over the curb and fall flat on my face. A total concrete belly flop. Never saw her again, but I can still hear her laughing. Oh well.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

sao bet that made you feel Proud - your own logo !! I didn't know you do sewing ( factory ) work ? I did that for about a month just following patterns , stitching . Those indust. machine go fasttttt . Really liked it found out I was allergic to wool ( coat fact. ) I wasn't very happy

Frank it's too small to see in here , but there's a quote ( saying ) under my AV
I am a Warrior Woman
You may Know me Down ,
But I Will not Stay down
I don't care much for the last line .. You been working on another Voice - cloud ? Those are cool , I checked over the net of what I would need for my laptop . Couldn't figure it out , that's my luck !!
Old 09-02-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Oh No Frank - That had to of S**ked big time . That's not the kind of person I am . I would have went right over & asked you if were ok . Of course giggled my A off after
Sounded like a Stuck up Beech