Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 21

Old 09-08-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Same time here in philly Bob. Still used to central time. Tv shows and games on so late here. Do you normally stay up to midnight Bob?
I usually crash around 10:30. Depends on the TV programming. Or if I am researching something online.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

How's the weather up your way Bob , it's freezing here today . I really should get up ! Xxx
Old 09-08-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
How's the weather up your way Bob , it's freezing here today . I really should get up ! Xxx
It was 90 deg (32.2c)today,snooz.
So glad you had some fun, and helped people at the rehab. I was worried about you.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad it was a positive experience Wendy

Helping people has certainly helped me - that and not drinking ever, no how no way, is a pretty good basic plan

D
Old 09-08-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

I like your Robert Frost poem, Dee.
I once took a Fall picture here of a pathway I walk that forks. And posted that poem with it.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

It's beautiful. Xxx
Old 09-08-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Snooz! Such a lovely surprise to see you post!xx I will have to catch up on everyone's posts tonight!

Leshar, you are amazing to get up and know that handing those pills in was the right thing to do. It pains me we are so far away, and I'm glad you didn't take any more of those pills.

As Snoozy said, that's a bad road. My Mum went down it and mixed it with alcohol. Larry would be heartbroken if your life was wasted on numbing out.

Hugs to you. You really are stronger deep down than you give yourself credit for.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning Julyers
Old 09-09-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Yeah Bob i try to hit the sack about 10:30 also. The evening news doesn't start until 11 here. In all honesty i dont even watch much sporting events anymore. Seems like i better things to do for 3 hours. With football coming i will keep the game on but its a bad trigger because every other commercial is for beer. Usually i will just watch on the dvr and fast foward the comercials. The worst mondays come from all day drinking sundays. If DA bears suck or do well it was always an excuse for another drink.

Glad you got a good workout in SW. I am taking two days off for laziness and working 12 hour days. I know know exuses. I just dont feel into it today. Maybe tonight.

Snoozy thats nice they get you in and out so quickly of detox.I am very grateful in life to meet some really awesome people. Mind you i had met a lot of dbags to. But its the amazing people that help me and enstill hope there is honesty/compasdion/kindness in the world.
Thats all the random thoughts i have now.

Hope your doing better Leshar!
Oh Wednesday i know you will challenge me. I hope i am strong and can leep my cool.

Take care all.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

I think I've caught up on posts!

Snooz, I love the pic you posted. It's so lovely. I assume that's Shaun? You both look very happy - was that taken leaving rehab?
Old 09-09-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Snoozy, it was so nice to read your post. You sound like you are in a really good place and I am soooo happy for you.

Another busy day here. Taking Abby for her 9 month Dr visit/shots and then tonight is Meet the Teacher night at my daughter's school. No time for you AV!!

Have a great day/night friends.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hope the shots go ok, Ladybug. How does little Abby usually cope with them? Or is she ok?

They are so unpleasant for Mum and bub!
Old 09-09-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

P.s. Snooz...a career change/break is soemthing Ive really enjoyed this past year. Getting away from the workplace I hated made me feel so much better,

Very scary though, and money worries were huge for me at one point, but worth weighing up the pros and cons, for sure.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm having a rest day as I've been working out hard lately and as much as I want to exercise my body is aching and il only hurt myself pushing it as I've been pushing it lately

My pecs hurt I could fall asleep but don't want to mess up my sleep routine

this week has been good but emotionally up & down, being with my neice yesterday refuelled my soul its great having her around I offered take out as a great & she said you & Mrs sw make better fried chicken than the chicken shop (Mrs sw was beaming when I told her what my neice said)

So taking it easy today & then exercise Thurs & Fri
Old 09-09-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hi everybody.
Another hot day here.
I will post more later after I get on my lap top.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Do your best

I had a migraine earlier from afternoon to around 7pm it was horrible I think it might be the anti depressant as I've noticed headaches soon after I will bring it up with the Dr when I see her next week

I have a therapy session tomorrow looking forward to it

Just popping in to say goodnight
Old 09-09-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Night, wolfie. Hope you get to feeling better.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Thanks, Croissant, but I feel anything but strong. Today, I'm ashamed to admit that I regretted handing in the pills. I really feel miserable and wanted to numb out. I honestly have to say that this whole past year has been worse than when I was drinking. That's sad to say. Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing for me, quitting. I can't stand how I feel. Like Cow says in her thread, I don't really post looking for sympathy, but I just can't see any solution. I talked to my brother on the weekend and I was so so anxious. He's a very strong, somewhat narcissistic character and I don't know if I could live with him. His wife waits on him hand and foot in every way. He has no idea of my grief.
I've never really grown up/matured. I guess alcoholism played a big role in this.
Sorry folks, I'm posting because I don't want to go into my prescribed lorazepam to numb out now. Every minute feels like agony right now. I honestly feel worse sober.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

I don't really know what Lorazapam is, Leshar.
But if it's prescribed, is it really that bad to take?
Maybe I'm confused about this.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Leahar, it sounds like you are having a rough time. I hope you can see your doc and get your meds adjusted. Also I hope you can go to your back up plan or coping strategies.

Ladybug I hope the shots went ok. I know our kids would usually have a fever and not sleep well for 2 days.

Glad you had a restful day soberwolf.

Few cravings today. But i have been taking in the thoughts and checking my halts symptoms.
Hungry yes. Angry yes. Lonley not so much. I am used to being alone for a while. I deal with people all day. Tired yes.
The only thoughts of cravings were mental and old habit related.
So eating some dinner and enjoying a ginger ale. Too tired to exercise but i will meditate later.

Looking forward to the temps dropping. Not a fan of global warming or whatever they call it.
Have a great night/day!