Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 21

Old 09-08-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Leshar , I love you , ditch the drugs Hun. Flush em or take them back to pharmacy.

The more you take , the more you're gonna need to take as you assume the
Tolerance for them , but you know what ? after what I've seen this past week after watching people sufferering drug withdrawals , ice , morphine meth , Valium , suboxone etc , it ain't pretty .
I is enough to deal with , seriously honey .

How's your darling little feathered friend going :-).
Old 09-08-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hiya guys quick in with my 21 yr old neice having a great day really tiresome as I've also been working out & walking lots today

My neice is staying for 2 nights so its going to be fun I made up her room & out a patchooli scented candle she thought that was awesome : )

in a bit of a rush as Mrs sw only got bk not so long ago so its dinner then baths a chat over tea & a DVD then bedtime

Il try to pop bk in later

So good to see you Snooz
Old 09-08-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

Welcome back Snoozy! You were missed.
We are all very proud of you.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Welcome back, dear Snoozy!!!!!
Old 09-08-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Snoozy! Welcome back!! It's so wonderful to see you post! How are you, what kind of follow up will you have? You were in my thoughts a lot the time you were away.
Thanks for the advice about the pills. I took them to the pharmacy for safe disposal. You're right, I'd just keep wanting/needing more. I have to deal with my fear, my feelings. I'm re reading "Drinking, A Love Story" and it helps.
Thanks for asking about Tiki, the bird! He's fine and in good form.
So glad you're back, love you!
Old 09-08-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Do your best

#Tiki is awesome & hiya Leshar

Hello everyone so good to have you bk Snooz

Today has been non stop with lots of workouts I walked around 4 miles in all today

My neice arrived when I was just cooling down from working out & then I was having a great time with her catching up with her telling me off for not turning up to family get togethers lol

We then went on a walk together with the pooch

I've had a really great I was feeling really depressed yesterday and still a bit blue this morning but my neice has made my day I'm so proud of her an its a privledge il never take for granted again

Around an hour ago we got talking tattoos and she said are you ever going to get one (all my family has tattoos) I said I ever get one itl be Mo Chuisle wrapped round my neck

She said no don't do that I replied it's a thought about tattoo that one day I plan on

It basically translates as 'My pulse' 'My blood My pulse'

My neice gave me a look I said you have never seen million dollar baby ?

She hadnt and I said you have to see that & Gran Torino

When I was telling her about Mo Chuisle I started welling up and said it means my blood my pulse it was a beautiful moment il cherish

So yeah pretty awesome day my body is in pain from working out but that's good I'm stretching not overdoing it and having hot radox soaks to help after

The day was made better with Snoozy being home

Goodnight Julyers
Old 09-08-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Welcome back,snoozums. I thought you would be gone a week?
Old 09-08-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Casey, well done on four months today! Thanks for your advice.
SW, it was nice to see the gaelic, mo chuisle, I learned Gaelic in high school.
I'm glad you're having a good time with your niece.
I'm going to a 5 year medallion AA meeting this evening.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wonderful to see you back Wendy

Taking all your old scripts back to the pharmacy is absolutely the right thing to do Leshar

It pains me to see you like this for so long though.

Have you ever considered a second opinion from other Drs?

SW I'm glad you feel better today
D
Old 09-08-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Also really glad you got rid of the pills Leshar.

Belated CONGRATULATIONS to letitgo and Casey!! ♥♥

I love your insights Croissant.

SO SO glad you are home Snoozy love. I also thought about you every day...proud of you girl!!!

Love to all of you. ♥
Old 09-08-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks D I feel better exercise really helps its hard to be sad when your sore from positive progress

Over the last few weeks I've been going through changes good changes though !

I'm glad too Leshar you done the right thing

Congrats Casey on a awesome 4 months !
Old 09-08-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Hi wolfie love ~ glad you're feeling better.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Venus It has happened before & Thankfully with D's help I went to a Dr and spoke about it 5 months ago things have been better since but I still get the odd day where it just weighs a ton I got through & refused to back down & kept exercising kept at the good stuff in life Inc fried chicken for dinner

It's my neice who has put me on cloud 99 she makes me so happy

My body is aching but I'm listening to a fantastic song right now called Adrift by Tycho really awesome laid back chill I love this song right now lol

Going bed soon and planning a deserved lie in tomorrow

Goodnight Julyers
Old 09-08-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Morning time for you venus? I am all sorts of confused. I assumed Snoozy was going to rehab for 30 days lol. Thought she broke out i will read more carefully next time.

Well today kicked my but. It was hot, tons of traffic and lots of calls. Just a few more days. Keeping my focus and i head jead for some r and r.

Have a good night!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Yes, 10am here, 9.30 for Snooz.

Wow, and 10am (I think)) for Croissant and Dee...it's Aussies are us over here.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

8:07 pm East coast USA.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Same time here in philly Bob. Still used to central time. Tv shows and games on so late here. Do you normally stay up to midnight Bob?
Old 09-08-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Letitgo, I am near Philly - about an hour north of you

It's been a busy day, getting ready to go to bed. Going to be in the 90's again tomorrow, blah. Hate to say it, but I'm ready for fall!!

Good night all!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

I wish I was could be here when the pope comes in 2 weeks. Seems like it will be very exciting. I hope he gets a big philly cheese steak from gino's and cruises around in the pope mobile.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome you wonderful friends.
I spent 6 days there , they didn't think I needed 7 . No shakes no sweats , didn't really need Valium after day 3 .

But what it has done is a lot for my mind. Because we were locked in and had no technology . It gave me time to really , really think.
I need to do something with my life that helps people.
Like really helps.

I had many one on ones with people who were in a very bad way. We sat we talked , we ate , we ate some more , then more.
The nurses were so busy there was only 2 to a ward of 10. That's ridiculous.

There was never one when you could find one. Not their fault , just bloody government cutbacks on everything.

I found myself being in the role where they were coming to me to be calmed & needed support , encouragement and hugs.

I love people and managed to keep 3 people who were packed to leave to stay on and eat with us all at the table.
Some people are incredibly shy.

Before I left I found home made letters & envelopes on my pillow. From those telling me they loved me and will never forget how I helped them.

I cried , because each and everyone of those troubled souls was just like me. I swear alkys are the nicest people .

My favourite was Neil , very shy , an academic. He lectures psychology at the university. He didn't speak much & was sitting all alone . I asked him why he was sitting there with all his friends and he jus t burst out laughing.
He said I think I've offended the boys with my pyjamas cos they're not cool.

I said I'll show them cool!
I went into my suitcase and dragged out my cougar onsie with the hood and ears and sat with him.

We got to talking about his son and how his 26 year old has been in there 6 times already for meth and alcohol , yet everyone thinks they have this perfect little life.

Before we knew it it was lunchtime .

He started e sting with us from then on and it was lovely. We all had the best conversations with no phones to be picked up.

They were in hysterics with the pjs , I said , now move along , don't hate me cos I'm beautiful . That was our funniest day there.
Neil got changed after lunch , but I just pj'd the day away , lovin it.

So that was it it , I wore my difference onesies each day , I would love to have had a group photo.
When Neil left , he slipped me his email and said if I wish to let him know how I'm going feel free to email a time. He is very happily married , so there was no connotations.

He said this is usually awkward for me but I love you so much Wendy , you're a lovely woman and are the glue that keeps this unit together. I will never forget how much you've helped me and he hugged me.

He said I don't ever hug people , with that he hugged me with tears in his eyes and simply said thankyou.

He turned around around and said YOU need to be doing this , you have helped all of us. It made me cry , I went back to my room and was very emotional.

Isn't it funny how we are ALL just people . He with his high end well paid job , me cleaning and physically working hard , yet we both connected on the same level.

2 people with a problem we want to fix.
Such a lovely man . I hope things get better for him. To look at him you would think he had the world at his feet. I really loved him on an emotional intellectual level.

I'm seriously thinking of giving up my job because of my back. I'm going to be looking into lots of things today.

Yes Deeeeeeee !!!! I finally have a plan :-)

Woot !

I feel a peace and contentment I haven't felt in years & mannnn does it feel good

I have learnt so many important lessons about people , about life & about myself .
Thanks for listening , I love & have missed you all .

For you Dee

image.jpg