Class of July 2013 Part 21

Old 09-06-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Julyers I checked my email for anything from Snoozy but nothing yet

Have a nice day
Old 09-06-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Reposting thoughts from other July class to share with you all. Happy tonfall in hear with all Stars like CaseyW, Soberwolf, ladybug2, croissant, leshar, resolute, venuscat and SnoozyQ. And i almost forgot Glimer hug all.

If i forgot you sorry. Your still an all star to me.

Running out of my medicine (lexapro and xanax for anxiety) and my doctor wont give a refill. So i now have anxiety about my withdraw anxiety to come. Really worried i will want to drink to help ease my anxiety. My dr wont give me a refill unless i see him. But i am still out of town for another week. A relapse seems like a great copout to blame the dr. Its all his fault. My av is a tricky son of a gun. Going call my pcp on Tuesday and hope they can help me. Gonna go to a pharmacy and see if i can get a 5 day supply. I doubt they will because the dr wont refill it. Getting anxious already.
I am about 40% through the allan carr control drinking book and its hard to rationalize the end of cravings like Mr. Carr says it so easy. His plant is a great example. He rambles about global warming and taking medications are so unnatural. Technology is so bad for us. He is right to an extent. I think he wore tin foil hat until he passed lol. Anway his logic is sound. But i can so relate to the fly. I did learn to like the taste of the nectar. It became a habit or daily routine. Still in the danger zone at 60 something days.

From reading sr and my past experiences i just can not negiote with alcohol. Not one drink or sip. Easier said then done. Thats why everyone has a plan or a craving playbook. Carr makes great points but addicts cant see logic because we have been blindsiding ourselves.
Hard to cut the chains with something you attached to everything
Old 09-06-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I hope you will get through the next week OK, Letitgo.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Ladybug2 time flies doesnt it. My daughter started kindergarten this year also. They get a lot of homework already no joke.
Checking in here. Hope everyone has a nice Saturday! I enjoy your posts and thoughts.
Yes, it really does letitgo. Looks like our homework starts next week! What kind of homework can kindergarteners have?? Really?

Hope you are able to hang in there. You have done so well. Take it from me, you do NOT want to be back at Day 1, or worse yet not even make it back here. Don't listen to that AV!!!
Old 09-06-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Ladybug, I think mood swings are natural in the first weeks and months. We still have to deal with stress and emotions with none of our usual crutches. Cut yourself some slack, because you've been battling this a while and just staying away from taking that first drink is your priority.

Just go read some of the threads in the newcomers forum and you can see it's not unusual to be snappy and sensitive early on. Give yourself a break, sweetie. It can be a bit baffling to figure out what on earth has really upset us.xx
As always, thanks for your advice Crois. You always make such sense
Old 09-06-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Letitgo,

Hang around with your SR friends here when your having any difficulties.
You're always welcome. It's been lovely weather this weekend. Perhaps you can find something to do that takes you far from temptation.

I'm enjoying a nice morning in my screen house. The pup is laying at my feet and it is a nice cool quiet morning. Soon I will take her for a walk and then perhaps make a run for some iced coffee.
Check back in a bit.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 09-06-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Julyers
Old 09-06-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Thanks Bob. I havent been able to make any progress which is frustrating. But doing well today. Thinking about a steak from Outback tonight.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Letitgo, I hope you are managing through this difficult time. You sound better than earlier.
I'm struggling with tremendous anxiety today. I feel overwhelmed. I'm trying to take deep breaths and drink water and realize that if I do move out west, I don't have to do everything alone. I can get help. My psoriasis is flaring badly at the moment. I have been neglecting my skin and wallowing in self pity. It's got to stop!
Hope all are coping ok.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the week gets better for you Leshar

D
Old 09-06-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Went to urgent care and they said no way. Talked to my pcp doc and he said he couldnt because he would need to see me.
After spending most of the afternoon on this i finally got the psch to grant a refill which i need to have transferred.
I abandoned my coping mechanisms and had a panic attack over this sillyness. I should have meditated and let it go lol. But i have nothing else to worry about so i had to create something to worry about.
I ended up at the bar at Outback. Not to drink. I just dont like sitting at a table alone. The bar is always more comforting then alone at a table. Yes i know about the barber shop metaphor. I wish i could take the steak to go but i dont have any real silverware. I have tried eating steak at the hotel with plastic. Very primintive and caveman because it came down to my hands and teeth.
I was really thinking about the Allen Carr book and his thoughts. A posionous trap alcohol is. Many flies at outback that had no clue or care about the nectars power over them.

Anyway thanks for your support and i know how to avoid future situations. I neglected to exercise yesterday so its go time.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thinking of you letitgo. I really dislike eating alone too. Hope you're ok.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee! One minute at a time!
Old 09-06-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just looked at the Outback menu.

D
Old 09-07-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hilarious Dee. The outback is an autstralian themed steakhouse franchise. I bet they dont actually have any in Australia.
Nm i guess the do have a couple locations. Have a great day bloak!
Old 09-07-2015, 01:59 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Julyers
Old 09-07-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hope you are doing OK lettitgo.

Love to all of you. ♥
Old 09-07-2015, 02:07 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Doing much better venuscat thank you. Hugs to you.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:11 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Hilarious Dee. The outback is an autstralian themed steakhouse franchise. I bet they dont actually have any in Australia.
Nm i guess the do have a couple locations. Have a great day bloak!
LOL yeah, I've heard about them before

I didn't think we had them either but there is actually one about 10 minutes away from me..

Have good day everyone

D