Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 48

Old 09-02-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey BeFree! You can get the big book at most libraries, I think
Old 09-03-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Be free, you found the money to be an active drunk for all those years, find the money to protect yourself and to give yourself the change of a good life. Borrow form your dad if needs be but keep up the sessions for now. Look for solutions not excuses, that is AV trying to stop you strengthening your resolve.

Go to as many AA meetings as you can, you may find some that you feel more comfortable attenting longer term. You can do this!

PHRD, maybe something like Yoga or meditation would suit?

Good to see everyone working at their recovery or reaching out for support when it's needed.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm up against it time wise this morning. We charge 8 bucks, our cost for a Big Book. However, they are free to those that can't afford one. I'm sure they are the same there. Everything is free...there are no dues or fees...only goal is to help the alcoholic. In addition, the BB is free online. One downside to the e-version is the inability to make notes. My first temp sponsor told me to treat it as a text book....make notes...underline...highlight, which I have been doing since. Haha, he is a Penn State grad and I asked if he was accustomed to study habits...a college rival in sports. #HTP. Anyway, the first 164pgs are the backbone to the program. I suggest you read them asap. Gotta run.

Have a nice day, Undies. Let's stay away from that bad stuff....okay?

Disclaimer on typos...used my phone...no time for edit.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning, Undies,

A small craving yesterday (rare now) and I found it easy to sit with it and let it go. Remembering how much better I feel and how much happier I am makes it so much easier. :-)
Old 09-03-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Sass glad the craving went away.

I have a BB. I'm going to start reading it tonight. It's the councling that's expensive but I really like it so I am going to def continue and worry about the money later. I feel like it really helped change my thinking after yesterday's session and helped get me back on track. There's a meeting tomorrow night that I'm going to attend after work.

Have a great day undies
Old 09-03-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

BF, that sounds great! I found AA to be very helpful and gradually made some good friends there.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I am not exactly sure how I am making it sober everyday with the intensity of stress that I have had on me for 3 weeks non-stop? By the grace of God I will have 2 sober months tomorrow and that is all that matters right now. I am so grateful that I am sober because I know that if I had been drinking my health would be a lot worse than it already is, heck I probably wouldn't have even noticed or went to the doctor. I also wouldn't be able to rationalize what is important to deal with and what I can just let go of for another day if I was still drinking. I have been so negative lately that I just thought it was time to realize that there are positives going on in my life that will lead to greater outcomes in the future.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day and makes it another 24 hours!
Old 09-03-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Angd, glad to hear you are moving along sober in spite of a lot of stress (((hugs))).
Old 09-04-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Just checking in before womp. Tired and looking forward to my weekend after womp tomorrow. I just want a day to relax and do nothing. Going to try going to a meeting tonight if I'm not too tired.

Hope everyone has a nice day!
Old 09-04-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend all

D
Old 09-04-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

BoozeFree - A sponsor would probably gently remind you that wanting to relax is no excuse for missing a meeting when you've been struggling. Go, relax afterwards, then go again tomorrow. Keep going. You've got to put work in to see results; in the beginning that means showing up. Ass-mosis, as Carlos calls it, or listening and soaking it all in.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

2 months today and named "teacher of the month"! Not a bad Friday! I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

great stuff angd - congrats!

D
Old 09-04-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Angd congrats on 2 months that's awesome!

Glee you're def right. Unfortunately I had a terrible stomach ache leaving me no choice but to stay home this evening. Planning on a meeting Sunday tho since my dad is coming to visit after womp tomorrow.

Anyone doing anything fun for the holiday weekend? I have lots of cleaning to get done around the house here after slacking the past 2 weekends between going on vacay then spending last weekend drinking. I like cleaning once I get started bc I always feel productive afterwards.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Monday morning I am going to be "pulling" pork (shredding 5 barbecued pork shoulders to be put on sandwiches). Then we will bring it to a church picnic in the afternoon.

The rest of the weekend should be quiet. Hopefully I'll get some homework done.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Gilmer that sounds yummy!!

Well another day of womp. I didn't sleep well at all and had a crazy dream about doing drugs that seemed so real I wasn't sure when I woke up whether or not I actually did them. Glad it was just a dream tho.

Off to wompland!
Old 09-05-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Womp well, BFree!
Old 09-05-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Angd, congrats on 2 months AND Teacher of the month

BF, I'm glad you decided to go to AA. That helps so many people, me included.

Gilmer, sounds yummy! I don't want to jinx things but 9/17 is rapidly approaching :-)

Have a lovely weekend, Undies!
Old 09-06-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I am looking greatly forward to meeting you at last, Sass!
Old 09-06-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Me too, Gilmer!

As I'm working my way through longer sober time, I'm noticing how much calmer I feel. Life's little challenges are becoming just that - much smaller. I've seen that on my second "home" thread in March 2013 and the Overs and here now that I'm more settled. That doesn't mean that there isn't stress - there is! - it doesn't mean that there aren't real challenges either. What it does mean for me is that I can handle life better most of the time and that's huge.