Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 4

Old 08-29-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Thanks kittycat! We had a nice dinner out and little ones did good with my mom. Maybe next time we will get crazy and do dinner and a movie?!

Well done on Day 5
Old 08-29-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me and so glad to find my "classmates!" We can do this!!!!
Old 08-29-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I had a busy day today. It was my mom's 70th birthday and my aunt from California is visiting. We had a family get together at the nursing home where she is staying . It was nice.

My aunt and uncle came over to my house afterwards (my dad's brother & sister) to see my dog. Neither one had met her before. I don't have human kids so she is like my kid and they all understand that and love animals as well. It was a nice visit and I was glad they were here.

My mood goes up & down as far as drinking. Sometimes I feel like giving up and sometimes I feel like I can control it. It is a vicious cycle that I wish would end.

Hoping everyone has a happy & sober Sunday~
Old 08-29-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Emme, I feel your pain about mood swings. I deal with a severe form of PMS called PMDD so temptation to drink gets very intense at least once/mo. But I was sober for 1.5 years and the mood swings get less frequent and less intense.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Closing out Day 5 same as you kittycat!!! Monday's binge really did a number on me too. I absolutely feel I cannot go through another detox. Really thought I was losing my mind tues-Thursday. Very little anxiety today and no cravings, I will take that. Got completely conflicting opinions on meds from pdoc and psych, so figuring that out. My pdoc gave me Librium for a month on Thursday, with no taper down, and psych said that was inappropriate; that I went through the hellish detox in July and should have had Librium then from pdoc, not now, and never for one month with no taper! so not taking it, don't want to be detoxing from Librium in a month! Need to sit with psych diagnosis a bit, (even tho I diagnosed myself via Internet, I know Drs really hate WebMD, lol). I was self medicating with alcohol, I know that , and it's funny how I was willing to literally kill myself drinking but hesitant to take something non addicting that may help.

Retread, I hope you are feeling okay today! Ladybug, Coleope, Benice, nice job on social occasions with no alcohol!

Gjess, Emme....... Its hard dealing with our brains rewiring and the moods, I just keep reading posts that it gets better. This crying business is still a very strange experience for me. Guess it's cathartic tho.

Welcome Sportsfan, Tam.

Troy!!! hope you get some sleep man! I'm being smothered right now by cat bodies, ( my girls right now) so signing off. I hope everyone has a peaceful night, or morning, wherever you may be.!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Today was much better. I spent the afternoon reading, with a lot of interruptions from my boy asking to read his books instead...because they are better, they have pictures! I didn't mind though, it was fun and relaxing.

I still have this panic feeling that comes and goes. I am also tapering my anxiety medications, I think that's probably why...

Overall it was a good day.

Goodnight!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Nicely done to everyone who stayed sober today. I finished two full weeks sober at Midnight and I've started day 15.

I grow a little more comfortable each day with the idea of never drinking again. I'm coming to realize I'm not giving up anything, that I'm not depriving myself in any way, rather, I'm gaining so much more.

Stay strong everyone.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day 15, Time2Rise!
Old 08-29-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Awesome on day 14 Time2Rise!

Patricia, glad to hear you seem to be feeling better, and even though the panic attacks are still there, it sounds as though they're mellowing a little???

Sadie, I know exactly what you mean by feeling like you're losing your mind during detox. That's absolutely horrifying, isn't it? This last detox wasn't too bad, I think mainly because I drank more beer than whiskey, but the detox prior was absolutely horrible. So horrible in fact that when it started setting in this last time, I was debating whether or not I should goto the neighbors and ask for their help to get me to the hospital, because I can easily envision how horribly that could go wrong. Nonetheless, glad to hear you're out of that, and are feeling better now.

Still humming along here. Not perfect, but doing alright. Today is the day to start changing life around as necessary though. Thinking about that, it's 12:30pm here, so I should really get showered and out the door.

One thing I realized a couple nights ago, I've been going about this whole recovery thing the wrong way. I may be a sensitive gay guy who enjoys living in a Buddhist society, but fact remains, I grew up in a small red neck oil patch town, and majority of my life has been spent around blue collar red necks. Instead of looking for this soft, cuddly, supportive approach, I need more of a, "quit being such a god damn weakling, get off your a$$, and get it done!!!" kind of approach, and need to shape my recovery around that.

As weird as it sounds, that type of thing resonates better with me, simply due to my upbringing. I need to push myself past what I believe my current limits are, in order to strengthen myself, and beat this alcoholism once and for all. Grab the bull by the horns, throw it to the ground, and let's get it on type of thing.

Wow, this turned out long. Sorry about that. Hope everyone is doing well, and pushing through. Take care!

Sorry, I like these vids now:

Old 08-29-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

BTW... anyone joining the Sept class, or are you sticking with the August class, or??? I'm debating, and gotta admit, I quite like this class.

Also, anyone else writing a daily journal for themselves? I've started one, and seems to help.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:07 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hello all, would love to join here. I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Last night was tough. Really felt and acted like a cranky little boy. Woke up with a sober head and sighed of relief. One fight at a time.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Good morning all,
Welcome faithfulandfree and sports fan. Glad you in before the month ends.
Sounds like everyone is feeling a little bit better. I suppose that comes with more days sober. That's greT to hear.

Troy, I hope you stick with us. It doesn't matter when you join but you put down a drink in august. It's hard to make new connections each month. I started august 1st then drank again but I am staying here because I like you guys!!! I don't want to start over ...

My husband and I had a lovely day yesterday. We went for a long drive through some quaint little towns and then had a bite to eat near the water. The weather was gorgeous!!! On the way home we stopped short as we almost hit someone crossing the street in one of the small towns. It turns out it was a young woman who was so drunk she was stumbling through the traffic and then just collapsed in front if us. Her pants were around her knees and she was barefoot. It was so disturbing and hit me hard. She was coming out of a store and luckily an employee followed her out and the police soon came. I was very grateful to be sober at that moment because there is no telling where a drink could take me!

Hope you all enjoy a sober Sunday xo
Old 08-30-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 5. Had a nice dinner out last night with hubby, but as I looked around the restaurant at everyone enjoying their martinis, wine, beer etc. I felt really alone. It would have been nice to see just one other person drinking something nonalcoholic, but nope. Anyway, the food was great and it was nice to go to bed sober and wake up feeling great. Baby was up at 4:30 and then at 6:30 for good so I would have been hating myself if I were hungover.

Last day before my daughter starts kindergarten so going to make the most of it with her. Will check back later. Hope everyone has a wonderful and sober Sunday
Old 08-30-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Glad you had a nice dinner out yesterday LB.

I had a lot of reading from the August Class this a.m. As always, thanks for sharing your feelings and stories.

Starting day (5)

Stay Strong......
Old 08-30-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
BTW... anyone joining the Sept class, or are you sticking with the August class, or??? I'm debating, and gotta admit, I quite like this class.

Also, anyone else writing a daily journal for themselves? I've started one, and seems to help.
I'm sticking with August here, I like this class too! Glad you are staying here too Hoops! Don't want to start over with connections. Woke up fairly normal hour 5 am, (hooray,) and anxiety was very mild. What a thrill! Patricia, it does get better! Promise! My morning meditation may be an energising one vs. anxiety relief for a change!

Time2rise, yeah on 14!

Troy, ok so no more drinking whiskey, losing your mind or else I'm gonna fly over there and kick your butt all the way to Cambodia! I can do it too, I'm a very tall strong lady! How is that approach Serious, we cannot do that again... I hear you .. I was thinking of admitting myself to psych ward this week, it was total hell and misery , I will replay that sick tape to the end next craving.

Militargh, hang in there dude, this alcohol is nothing but poison trying to kill us, as Retread has said and experienced.

Lovely Sunday morning or evening wherever you may be class!
Old 08-30-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
Awesome on day 14 Time2Rise!

One thing I realized a couple nights ago, I've been going about this whole recovery thing the wrong way. I may be a sensitive gay guy who enjoys living in a Buddhist society, but fact remains, I grew up in a small red neck oil patch town, and majority of my life has been spent around blue collar red necks. Instead of looking for this soft, cuddly, supportive approach, I need more of a, "quit being such a god damn weakling, get off your a$$, and get it done!!!" kind of approach, and need to shape my recovery around that.

As weird as it sounds, that type of thing resonates better with me, simply due to my upbringing. I need to push myself past what I believe my current limits are, in order to strengthen myself, and beat this alcoholism once and for all. Grab the bull by the horns, throw it to the ground, and let's get it on type of thing.

I frickin' love this.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

30 days!

It's 30 days for me today. I just woke up and am drinking coffee. My plan is to get stuff done around the house! I haven't had much time or energy what with being so busy at work and exhausted whenever I'm home. Yesterday I bought new shelving to reorganize things. I haven't felt compelled to do something like this in a long time. When I was drinking and I did clean or reorganize I did so because I felt like I had to, which is very different than wanting to.

I have absolutely zero desire to drink.

I am feeling quiet right now; it's great to see everyone in here doing so well! Have a great sober day!!!

xo-B
Old 08-30-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on 30 days, bexxed! You are doing great!
Old 08-30-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Awesome video Troy!

"The biggest enemy you have to deal with is yourself"...so true!