Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 4

Old 08-28-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Rock that nice dress, Blackbird! Hope you enjoy the wedding.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Welcome to the new members. And well done to all of us who stayed sober today; let's all stay strong.

Day 13 is done, so I'm starting day 14. Yes at midnight tomorrow, I'll have 2 weeks.

Have a great weekend everyone, and remember, no matter how bad things may be, someone, somewhere probably is worse off.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I partied hard tonight, guys! Is it still considered partying if you are sober?!i managed to go out for a bite to eat (at a local brewery) then to a reggae show ( solo) and meet up at a bar (where everyone I knew was drinking) an SING KARAOKE....without a single alcoholic beverage! What a fun night! You CAN party sober! Enjoy life FRIENDS! I enjoy the fact that I didn't have to worry about getting pulled over and I won't feel like garbage when i wake up Their might be some residual embarrassment about my karaoke and great dance moves... But what's new? That "A" voice gets softer if you have fun.
Well done group!
Congrats on another sober day if you had one! Welcome newcomers. It gets better. I made day 11 my b!#c+!
Old 08-29-2015, 12:14 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Nice one Coleiope great to see you enjoying yourself sober .

Im starting day 3 happy to be here and delighted to be sober .

Best Wishes to you all
Old 08-29-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Do your best

have a nice sober weekend y'all
Old 08-29-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

29 days done.

Ladybug don't beat yourself up. You are here you are not giving up. It's all any of us can do. It would be a lot worse if you slipped and then didn't come back trying again.

Congrats to the August class. We are almost at end of month now. What happens to this thread. Does it continue on? I have never finished a class before!
Old 08-29-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Wow.. Coleiope! I don't think I would have the guts to do karaoke even if i was drinking! Well done!
Old 08-29-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Day 13 today . Some strange sadness not leaving me for a few days . I'm not depressed but so sad and don't know why . Can't understand myself anymore. Had a miserable day yesterday, visited unfamiliar shop and av was telling me to buy a can of beer , nobody knows you here , go on just one can ... I resisted and didn't buy , so glad I didn't
Old 08-29-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hey guys, had a relapse 2 days ago, really not proud of myself, but dealing with it right now. Going to the river today, leaving my phone and all technology at home, so I can find some peace of mind and destress. I guess I need to find that thing inside me that's lurking and wants to drink, and face it.
Hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-29-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Morning all,
Welcome tree dog..stick with us!
Glad to see you here reveal and ladybug...don't beat yourself up. Keep posting and don't drink...fight that AV!
All seems okay with me. Had weird dreams last night and didn't sleep well, but that's not unusual for me.
I go back to work Tuesday and I am anxious about that yeti know that I need to keep my mind occupied!!

Just errAnds and cleaning today...wishing you all a sober saturday
Old 08-29-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you don't mind me saying so, facing my demons didn't mean much if I had no idea what to do once I found them....

Maybe you just need a better plan Reveal - what did your recovery programme involve last time - can you add to that?

D
Old 08-29-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Well...I did it! We got there first, and I ordered club soda with cranberry and lime. It was pretty. When the others got there, they seemed "stumped", like , wait...WHAT? It was only aqward for a short while. I'm very glad I rehearsed, but one friend wasn't buying it until I said I was getting ready for a 5k. Looks like I had better get back on track and actually run one! I was a tad jealous with everyone else's wine. They were in huge, beautiful glasses with a generous pour. (A puny pour was a pet peeve of mine!) I think tonight's event will be easier.

Love the support in this group! Welcome Treedog.

That was an awesome post Coleiope!

Blackbird, I'm glad you found a new dress. Love that feeling. Keep your guard up at the wedding. I'll be thinking of you as I pass up the free wine at my open bar event tonight.

Today is day 28. I am grateful for this class. Have a great Saturday!
Old 08-29-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi NT, good to see you too Yes, our second daughter was born last Dec so she is almost 9 month old now. Crazy how fast time goes. My oldest starts kindergarten on Monday and it is going to be so bittersweet. Excited for her, yet very emotional about her going off on her own and starting this next chapter. I just hope I can control the emotions until she is on the bus and unable to see me

You have a son not too much older than my oldest if I remember correctly? Parkland SD? Hope all is well with your family.

Let's stick together in this class and get back on track ok??
Congrats on the 9 month old.

Yes, my boy starts 2nd grade soon in Parkland. He's so young but seems older. I remember putting my boy on the bus for kindergarten like it was yesterday. Good luck with Kindergarten! It's a great experience, a bit nerve racking, but great!

And absolutely! to sticking together and getting back on track.

Spent the whole day with my son yesterday, playing video games, chatting (he'll talk your ear off). It was fantastic. Having some anxiety with him starting 2nd too. So, trying to enjoy every moment 'til then.

Beginning day (4) and in la-la land, but in a good way.

Stay strong.......
Old 08-29-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Day 4. Feeling strong and positive about the weekend. Tonight husband and I are going out to dinner for our 6th anniversary. We haven't had a date night since before our baby was born (almost a year)! Crazy. I have been sober for our last 2 anniversaries so not worried about it. I do feel a little sad that we won't ever be able to enjoy a glass of champagne or bottle of wine together again. Oh well, it will be nice to enjoy the food/company and remember the night, right?

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekends drink free
Old 08-29-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Willow3 View Post

Congrats to the August class. We are almost at end of month now. What happens to this thread. Does it continue on? I have never finished a class before!

First off, congrats on 29 days! That's amazing.

To answer your question, at the end of August when a September class is started here, this thread will be moved to the "Newcomers Daily Support" forum and will continue moving along just like it is now. There are classes from three or four or even seven years ago still going strong over there. There's also some other cool threads over there like the 24 Hour thread. If you've never visited that forum, here's the link:

Newcomer's Daily Support Threads - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 08-29-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a happy sober Saturday evening
Old 08-29-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GBluewater View Post
Wow.. Coleiope! I don't think I would have the guts to do karaoke even if i was drinking! Well done!
I love the adrenaline rush & I love to sing! You should try it!
Old 08-29-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gjess View Post
Day 13 today . Some strange sadness not leaving me for a few days . I'm not depressed but so sad and don't know why . Can't understand myself anymore. Had a miserable day yesterday, visited unfamiliar shop and av was telling me to buy a can of beer , nobody knows you here , go on just one can ... I resisted and didn't buy , so glad I didn't
Hang in there, Gjess! You will find happiness in things you love or people who make you laugh. That voice is a monster. 13 days is great! Don't quit now!
Old 08-29-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hey Benice, nice job! I have to say I am a little annoyed at your friend who "wasn't buying it." How terrible to peer pressure someone like that. Of course I always think those that pressure others to drink just want to hide their own bad habits behind others.

Hey Gjess, I'm relating to that vague sadness. I'm wrapping up day 5. I had a great day and have been (still) mourning my Monday slip as well as the many other binges I've had over the last few years. My family thinks I've quit drinking 10 or more years ago. What they don't know is that for the last 5 years I've been drinking / binging now and then. I have been thinking of writing out the times I can remember drinking on a piece of paper and having a little burning ceremony to help myself forgive and quit drudging up the regret and shame. Even in the last year I can recall 3 times where I really put myself at terrible risk, blackout, drunk driving, casual sex, etc. Yet I kept doing it.
I am embarrassed and ashamed of my behavior. But, still, reminding myself that I'm grateful to be sober, I've made it through alive and mostly healthy. And to be patient - I can't wait until I can say I have 30, 90, 1 year sober again, but I know I need to do that work one day at a time.
I'm sure I'm mourning the cigs too - I am also on day 5 with those. I've gotten past the worst of the physical cravings, now I'll just have to work on not bending when the mental triggers come - like a smoke in the car, or at night, etc. Strangely it is nighttime now and I'm not craving one really.

Love and strength to you all August class! XO, kitty
Old 08-29-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Happy anniversary Ladybug!