Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 4

Old 08-28-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Great video! Thank you so much Troy!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
"Don't try to quit! You already in pain, you already hurtin! Get a reward from it!"
Best quote ever...I love it!
Old 08-28-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Best quote ever...I love it!
Yeah, me too. Did actually make it my sig. Then afterwards, realized I should probably add a "(quitting)" to the first phrase, otherwise doesn't come off quite right for us people.

Anyway, how did you make out tonight patricia. You alright?
Old 08-28-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I'm ok. I've been having waves of panic all day long but I still managed to eat a little bit of lunch with my boy at the restaurant. I'm not sure if I actually want a drink...I just want something, anything that stops this dumb panicky feeling....

Thank you for all your help, it was great coming home and read all the messages SR is awesome!
Old 08-28-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
I have not been controlled for a long time. I may have had bouts of sobriety in the past 4-5 years, but until I quit for good, I don't think I'll ever be in full control.
I wrote this earlier and now realize it didn't make sense because I did some rephrasing and didn't complete my re-write.

What I meant to say is "I have not been in control for a long time. I may have had bouts of sobriety in the past 4-5 years, but until I quit for good, I don't think I'll ever be in full control.

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GBluewater View Post
For anyone struggling today or feeling nervous about the weekend, you are all so much stronger than you realize. Some people are never even able to learn how to point themselves in the right direction. But not us. We're here, and its not an accident.
Be kind to yourselves. Everyone is doing such a great job. I have a feeling for every one of us posting there is probably another just reading along. I think this class might be bigger than we realize. Hello silent SR friends! We are pulling for you too!
i made the difficult decision not to accompany friends out to hear some music a bar tonight. Somehow a pizza at home and Netflix seems more my speed... My dog is happy about this but I just feel like a crazy person trying to figure out what my new normal looks like.
Nice message GB!

You've made a good decision.

Take your time regarding the "new normal", everything will fall into place.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

You can do it Patricia! I'm pulling for you and our entire class! Thank you everyone for your motivation and shared experiences.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm back on Day 3. Don't know what to say other than I am so sick of myself. I was on Day 10 and feeling so good. Why does this keep happening, why can't I fight this AV?? It has never been this hard to get back on track and I am starting to lose hope that I will ever beat this
Old 08-28-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hello Ladybug, and community of SR!

This is my first post.... I've been lurking for a while now. Today was my day number 12 since my last drinking, and am feeling great! I can feel by the day how my mind and health keeps getting better and better, but also being the weekend is tough.

Ladybug, you are in our thoughts. Don't be so tough to yourself, the important thing is that you know you made an error and are taking the correct steps to amend it. Be strong, we are with you.

This is the first time I quit drinking alcohol, so I'm new here! Day 12 and still counting... about to go walk my dog. By this time I would be in around my 4th beer. "Playing the tape"... that's a good one I just learned today!

Hugs to all !
Old 08-28-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Welcome to the class Treedog.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Congrats and welcome Tree! I like the play the tape method as well. It has helped me definitely on one occasion I almost gave in. Today I'm celebrating my fourth Friday! Yeehawyall!
Old 08-28-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I will neverthought. Thanks for the encouragement.
Welcome to our new friends. Glad you are here!
Old 08-28-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone. Day 2 here. I went to the doctor today for a follow-up on the pancreatitis attack. He gave me benzos to help with the alcohol cravings and told me that I need to take this really seriously, which I already knew. I assured him that this was a wakeup call for me and that I wasn't going to let myself die from alcohol.

So, I'm doing okay, just trying to relax this evening. I have had a little bit of pancreas pain all day, but it hasn't been too bad.

I like the "play the tape" thing too, and now that the tape includes an experience like the one I recently had, the tape might be even more important. I have no doubt that if I drink again, it will be the end of me.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Welcome new people - Treedog and others. Hi Ladybug. Don't despair. You have three days and that's good. I think it's helpful to try and be here, not in the past or tomorrow. Every time I see a post I put here, it says that I joined in June of 2011. That's because four years ago, I thought I was an alcoholic and came here for support in an effort to quit. Four years later, I have been sober for 28 days. There's nothing to do with that but be happy, that I'm sober today, and try to help myself and others stay that way, and to try to make sure my plan is always there.

Today was a blech day. Totally unproductive for me, but I feel like I might be coming down with something, too. I'm utterly fatigued. My GF wants me to come over and watch movies and I'm having a hard time thinking about even walking to my car. Totally exhausted.

Thank you all so much. Really. I'm so happy, and grateful, to be here four weeks later. Even exhausted. Because it's an honest feeling, and my eyes are tired, not bloodshot, and my skin is clear and I'm just feeling the normal things that people feel in life, instead of the alcoholic haze. I hope everyone has a fun safe and sober evening.

xo-B
Old 08-28-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm back on Day 3. Don't know what to say other than I am so sick of myself. I was on Day 10 and feeling so good. Why does this keep happening, why can't I fight this AV?? It has never been this hard to get back on track and I am starting to lose hope that I will ever beat this
Hi LB. It's been a while. Nice to hear from you, but of course not under these circumstances. But here we are.
This particular effort has been tough for me as well. Don't lose hope. You know what you've accomplished in the past. You can get back on track again. You've always been diligent about coming right back to SR. That's more than I can say. But eventually I come here because I know this community is great for support and helping people get their feet on the ground.

So, how's the family? You have a new addition, correct? I follow my old SR friends to see how everyone's doing. Though, I haven't gone back to those old classes.

Anyway, let's get back to basics and make some headway. What do you say?

This is a fabulous group also. I was going to join the Sept class with would be about a week under belt by then. But I received a lot of support and going to hang with August....
Old 08-28-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Welcome Treedog. Congrats on 12 days.....
Old 08-28-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi NT, good to see you too Yes, our second daughter was born last Dec so she is almost 9 month old now. Crazy how fast time goes. My oldest starts kindergarten on Monday and it is going to be so bittersweet. Excited for her, yet very emotional about her going off on her own and starting this next chapter. I just hope I can control the emotions until she is on the bus and unable to see me

You have a son not too much older than my oldest if I remember correctly? Parkland SD? Hope all is well with your family.

Let's stick together in this class and get back on track ok??
Old 08-28-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hey all. I'm still hanging in there. Got a nice dress that was ***on sale*** for the wedding tomorrow.

Will be checking in fequently. hope all are well tonight/today
Old 08-28-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I made it! Today was the hardest day so far but I made it!

Thank you so much for all the messages and support.

Goodnight!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

That's awesome, Patricia! Congrats!