Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 4

Old 09-03-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Haha. Y'all are my family too ! Sorry.
I tell ppl on here stuff my church doesn't know about. Real people, real demons, real prayers.
Thanks to all of you
Old 09-03-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post

Finally got my one dog's separation anxiety problem at night handled. Just simply lock him into my office, that way he can't see me leave.
I'm going to try that. Mine doesn't howl, he pees everywhere when he's home alone, even we we leave for 10 minutes! And I always take him outside before we leave! Argh! lol
Old 09-03-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

More eating today for me - I blame PMS for it. The important part is that I'm not drinking. The AV pipes up from time to time but I'm just ignoring it. Generally feeling quite well. The anxiety and restlessness of the first few days is pretty much gone. Next big thing for me will be dealing with loneliness and boredom when my daughter goes back to university next week...
Old 09-03-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

I so pigged out at supper. Made pot stickers and a bowl of rice with peppers onions and mushrooms (it's what I had). Ate a bow of rice. Gonna explode ! Lol
Old 09-03-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Almost to the end of day 8. Since I'm not at work, I chose to spend much of the day in bed, napping. I feel like I'm ready to start recovering my strength now after my illness and tomorrow I plan to get back to exercising again. Looking forward to my riding lesson on Saturday, and Saturday evening we're doing a trail ride at a stable where i hope to someday board a horse of my own, assuming I like it there. It sits adjacent to acres and acres of public park land with wonderful, ambling trails through beautiful scenery, and it's not that far from my house.

I have mixed feelings about food right now. My appetite's been off and so I've been losing weight. Hit my original goal weight again this week and am now two pounds below it, which has never happened. I'd set a goal to lose another ten and it looks like that might actually happen now, thanks to being ill. So that part is good. I just don't know how I'll handle that when my appetite returns.

JL, that's what we're here for. This is the family we can share our struggle with; I don't really have that in RL. I have a few old buddies who I'm still in touch with from AA but I am careful around them because I don't want to go back to that program; it wasn't for me and I got distracted by a gazillion other things there that had nothing to do with staying sober. Not a bash on AA, I'm just not feeling the love there myself. So you guys are the only ones who understand what's happening. Congratulations, you're stuck with me!

Thought about making a 1 week post last night but it felt kind of silly. I'll celebrate 30 days when I get there because I haven't been there a million times, only a few. This time I know I will get there, and beyond, so I'm just trudging along that happy road of destiny!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

I had a chocolate shake at in and out, what a treat. Then made a yummy lemon linguini from my culinary service. . First peep from AV since last weeks meltdown so ate it away. Happy to see day 11 tomorrow!
Old 09-03-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Wow, all this talk about food, now I'm hungry, lol

Sadie, what do you mean by "culinary service" if you don't mind me asking? Do you mean a service like plated.com? Where they deliver the groceries + recipe to you? I remember the Shark Tank episode where Mark Cuban invested $500k into plated.com guys, and now it looks like they're nation wide.

Was about to cook something nice with a chicken breast I defrosted, but just realized I don't have onions. I have 3 colors of bell peppers, bok choy, scallions, snow peas, baby corns, and so on. No onions though. How can I not have onions?

Hrmphh... there's one of those Tesco Express stores about 15 min walk from here, so maybe they have some. It's either that, or go into the city (no), or wait until 4pm for the dinner market. Oh well.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:23 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Ugghh... what a day, and it's barely even started. Hopefully over in about 20 hours, with another 24 - 48 hours of minor clean up afterwards.

If anyone ever tells you working from home is easy, then they've obviously never worked from home within the online business world, or at the very least, never made decent cash doing so. If things go **** up, thousands of lost revenue every hour, and clients don't like that. Doesn't matter if it's your fault or not (it's not this time), you're responsible to get things 100% again.

Aggravates me. Hauling a$$ for other companies to make chump change. Well, that's wrong. I get treated like a king and paid well, but still... compared what I previously made or what I should be making now, this is bullsh!t. Especially since I don't really have any appreciating online assets to call my own. I do, but nothing that's taken root yet.

Need to pull myself out of this rut, and get myself going again. Only if I still had the ambition and energy 20yo me had.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Administrator

I worked from home for several years as an editor - it was a lot easier when I was sober - still always waiting for X to pay Y so Y could pay me, but I had a much healthier bank balance post recovery to help cushion those blows.

I hope things get better for you Troy

D
Old 09-04-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Good morning...it's Friday!!

Not much to post. Lots of talk about food. I cannot stop eating. I consistently lose weight when I drink. I have limited willpower (obviously) and dieting is hard!

Had a very good first week back to work...and I NEVER say that. I am usually complaining and moping. I'm feeling much better that I am focused and busy. ...and with other people. The timing was right for me.

I wish you all a sober Friday..we can do this!!!
Xo
Old 09-04-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hello everyone !! I'm still sober haven't posted in a few days but all is good , and lost few pounds yay . It's my day 19 I believe , to be honest I stopped counting the days , just want to keep going and not to look back . Have a great day
Old 09-04-2015, 03:23 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Slayer, coffee. Getting ready to go to work. Metal up your asses.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MilitiARGH View Post
Slayer, coffee. Getting ready to go to work. Metal up your asses.
That's a good combination to get you moving.......or anyone moving for that matter.

I'm a metal head from the 80's....
Old 09-04-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Taking to the sky in about 5 1/2 hours...

Great posts everyone. It's all about checks and balances and everybody's comments compiled, covers all angles for me. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats to everyone on all your hard work in order to make a better life in which we are in control!

I'll be reading via smart phone and will post when I return on Monday.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Stay Strong Augustables..........
Old 09-04-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 09-04-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

NT, thanks for the interpretation of Militi's post! Militi, I actually just listened to some Slayer. Not my cup of tea, but whatever gets you going in the right direction. Hope you have a good day at work.

Troy, hope your cash flow improves. I'm curious, are you stringing together zero alcohol days? I think you said you stopped the moderation and went to zero tolerance, but I don't remember.

NT, have a great trip.

Have a great Friday mates. Keep your toolbox stocked and handy for the weekend!
Old 09-04-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Never, have a great weekend!

Militargh, keep bangin sober style! Less of a headache right?

Love, glad you are enjoying your class. My sister was a teacher and I know a couple of years with rough classes almost killed her, she doesnt like taste of alcohol fortunately or im sure would have been alcoholic.

Troy, yes my food service is like that shark tank one, its called Blue Apron. Started during my first withdrawal back in july to try to relearn to cook and engage mind by following recipes. (And figured I could use a knife safely again) It's been great.however I am switching to one that uses more local ingredients soon called Sunbasket. All organic west coast farms. Yesterday I was breaking down an old blue apron box to recycle and found a wine bottle in it. No recollection of me "hiding" one in there, sad. I suppose I may find others as I plan to clean garage today. Ugh!!

JL, hope you are feeling better today. I.do think we both experienced kindling, do you? Can you imagine how horrific our next binge aftermath would be? We cannot let that happen.

Bexxed, hope you are out of doldrums today.

Gjess, rusty, glad to see you doing well!

Benice, I was trying to change avatar to another kitty from my phone and accidentally took a heinous pic of myself and used that as avatar. A minute or two of panic until I changed to generic type avatar. I hope no one saw.that pic! So I decided no more personal pics of beach or kitties from my gallery I was traumatized there.

Day one one, yaaaay!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Thanks gang!

Class of August
Old 09-04-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vanaprastha View Post
And thanks for the links. I read the first one, so far. There was a specific page that hit home which related to "Autopilot". I think that's plays a big part. But I was also surprised the emphasis that was placed on triggers, e.g. people, places, things. And then throw in HALT and I know anger triggered me last year. Add in the monotony that takes place after 45 to 60 days for me, which really is normal for "normies".

So, there's a lot of variables that I need to harness. Apparently, I have to blame myself for not being prepared and taking it all too lightly.

I'm going to work on a plan that I will implement in about 2 months. I'll have it ready for my rebellion against my AV and my past.

.....Stay Strong........
Old 09-04-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by benice View Post
Troy, hope your cash flow improves. I'm curious, are you stringing together zero alcohol days? I think you said you stopped the moderation and went to zero tolerance, but I don't remember.
Sober today, that's for sure. No drinking allowed. I do break down, and have still have a few beers once in a while. I want 100% sobriety, but need to rearrange my lifestyle as required for that to happen.

And nah, cash flow isn't the probem. It's $100 USD/hour under the table and basically unlimited amount of work, so I can hardly complain. It's just... I'm 34, I shouldn't be doing this stuff any more. I should be well above and beyond it, as I was back in the day.

I'll still stick with what I've said since I was 20. Never hire a developer over 35, because by then they've run out of their creativity and innovation. I'm 34, so better get myself into a management role asap, otherwise I'll be 40 and stocking shelves at Walmart. I don't even have grade 10, let alone a high school diploma, so aside from this, I'm not qualified for anything. However, I am one of the best at what I do.