Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 4

Old 09-01-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Good morning, and welcome to September, everyone.

Day 6 here. I can relate a lot to what you are all saying about seeing alcohol everywhere-- on TV and such. Yeah, people drink all the time on TV but they are on TV, not real. It's so easy to romanticize the drink and those images really help us do that, but in the real world there are consequences to be paid if you drink all day, every day, like I did. So maybe when I look at those images I should retrain my brain to think "poison," and to look into that person's future to the emergency room visits and the excruciating pain that is undoubtedly waiting for them. That's how I'm choosing to look at things these days because, even with all that in my recent past, it's all too easy to forget when the AV starts blabbering away.

Here's the thing. The AV is insane. It wants me to die. Now I can look it in the eye and say, "are you nuts? I might as well drink antifreeze." That's what it is to me.

Enjoy your Tuesday, sober friends!
Old 09-01-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by benice View Post
OH NO! I just wrote a long post and lost it! Maybe that's good?

Anyway, Sadie, I love your walk in the grass looking at the moon. My " me" time is mornings on my deck with a cup of coffee. Today I got out here early enough to see the sun rise. My deck is kind of high and in the woods. I have several bird feeders about 10 feet from my chair. My dogs wander about. Like you said, it's peaceful and lessens my anxiety. (Except my dogs just chased a deer away and destroyed the tranquility!)

Welcome September! It has been a very long time since I've made it a whole month. It feels great. I'm so happy to see so many posts this morning! Have a great day class!!!
That happened to me yesterday. I wrote a nice message to the class and when I went "preview post", I received a message that I wasn't logged, which I was, but.........

I was like...wtf....and gave "thanks" to everyone and called it a wrap...
Old 09-01-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Awesome, glad to see so many of us made it over here.

All is well here. Just having one of those "meh" days. Nothing good, nothing bad, just meh. Think I'll go zone out on the couch, and watch one of the "awesome" 3 English channels I get.

Hope everyone is having a good day today!
Old 09-01-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Nice job Troy. I'll take a "meh" day over any other booze fueled up and down.....sometimes I think being able to weather those meh moments is the key to my sobriety. I have typically been an immediate gratification type person, need more, now....deep breaths
Old 09-01-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Good to be sober today on this beautiful Sept 1 morning. Thank you all for being here!
Old 09-01-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

I'd love to join the September class if I could.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hey jimmy, this is August, but you are more than welcome here with us!!!!
Old 09-01-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Yep. Not much to report. Death Metal and club soda. Ate a spicy drum stick. Smelled someone's fart on the welfare wagon. I hate public transport.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

On day 9, sober & happy!
Old 09-01-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJimmy View Post
I'd love to join the September class if I could.
Didn't you already join the August Class. I remember seeing your name?

Stick with us man!
Old 09-01-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
7 days NT! Way to go! I agree wholeheartedly, it is hard to believe how this can suck you in and the life out of you. I'm determined not to let that happen again!
Proud of all the accomplishments around here. Bexxed, even if your snack had 3x the calories compared to alcohol, I'd chalk that up to a win. We need to give our bodies and minds time to recover from our unhealthy alcohol habits and that's not just like flipping a switch.

Sadie we are still sober twins! Day 8 for me today too. Double digits soon. I am also in mourning still, was watching my show last night (Empire - new guilty pleasure) and I totally erupted into tears not just once, but TWICE! I am not usually an emotional person, so that for me was new. I'm trying to be calm and weather the storm...

Hope everyone here is enjoying this lovely morning sober. Even if things aren't perfect, being sober is enough for me.
Thank Kc3. A day hasn't gone by in which I nearly threw in the towel.

Back at work after my mini-vacation at home. Wife was back teaching a few weeks ago and our son does not go back until after labor day. So, we spent Friday thru Monday together. It was a blast. He's growing up so fast. So, I was going thru withdrawals, was happy, was sad, felt old and was elated to be with him. I nearly cried for gosh-sakes just hugging him a few times while appreciating him and sobriety all at once. I'm los'n it man!

What sucks for me is that I really never get hammered. I have a very high threshold. But I pay dearly the next day. And some days I just couldn't even concentrate on things he wanted to do. Shame on me...

Well, Stay Strong Augustables......
Old 09-01-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Elizabeth333, welcome to the August class!

Sober Jimmy, like Neverthought said, I think you joined us a few days back and we are really happy you are back with us! Stick around!

MilitiARGH, I smell ya.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by militiargh View Post
yep. Not much to report. Death metal and club soda. Ate a spicy drum stick. Smelled someone's fart on the welfare wagon. I hate public transport.
hilarious!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

I'm glad I clicked on the wrong link and got August class instead of July....that's hilarious alright!!

All the best August folk!
Old 09-01-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Happy September!

I'm still dealing with the mood swings, but it's getting a little better, the emotions are not so strong. My sleep is definitely much better. It still takes me forever to fall asleep, but I don't wake up every two hours all covered in sweat and with my heart racing.

Today I did a bit of online shopping. It makes me feel so good that I won't be regretting my purchases tomorrow, or wondering what in the world was I thinking when I bought that? lol

Have a great new month everybody!
Old 09-01-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

I have been absent since this past Thursday. Guess I haven't been here long enough for anyone to notice I was gone! Lol
Anyway had a great weekend with my husband. We also renewed our vows. We needed some time to just hang out and talk. Talk about things I think I needed forgiveness on from myself and to feel like he gave his blessing for me to move on. He's a truck driver so we came back yesterday from TN and left directly to head to SC. I am tired even though I could ride 24-7! I love to travel. Guess that is part of my Sagittarius roots! Off until Sept 8th. I plan on spending more time with my family and just relax. Did most awesome controlling the alcoholic voice and the negative feelings. They go to go! Hope everyone is going well and anyone new or struggling please hang in there!
PS 43 sober days thank you God!
Old 09-01-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
I have been absent since this past Thursday. Guess I haven't been here long enough for anyone to notice I was gone! Lol
Anyway had a great weekend with my husband. We also renewed our vows. We needed some time to just hang out and talk. Talk about things I think I needed forgiveness on from myself and to feel like he gave his blessing for me to move on. He's a truck driver so we came back yesterday from TN and left directly to head to SC. I am tired even though I could ride 24-7! I love to travel. Guess that is part of my Sagittarius roots! Off until Sept 8th. I plan on spending more time with my family and just relax. Did most awesome controlling the alcoholic voice and the negative feelings. They go to go! Hope everyone is going well and anyone new or struggling please hang in there!
PS 43 sober days thank you God!
Congrats on 43!

We should do roll call or something, so that we know who is in - with the class being in 4 parts I'm having a hard time keeping track of everyone! And we need to stick together
Old 09-01-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

24 more, I got. Today at work was so bad, Im glad ive got DT memory loss !haha. Valerian Root do your thing (im trying it). Pls put me to dreamville!
good night friends,
Jeff
Old 09-01-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Deaf to AV

My second go at sobriety began in August, so I guess this is my class. I'm glad you're here for me to turn to. thx
Old 09-01-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome jshep

D