Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 4

Old 08-31-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gjess View Post
Bad news ?? Did I fail ?? ..... Had NON alcoholic beer while out and about with a friend . Feel guilty about it but I should I feel guilty or should I let it go, it was Bavaria 0.0% . So did I fail here ? Have any of you fooled yourselves like this ?
I dont see that as fail. Have read different opinions on that here but I dont think its an issue unless it sets off a craving.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

I'm jumping back on day 1 on the last day of the month. I had a lot of no drinking days this month but I basically failed miserably over the weekend. Drank a lot yesterday and ended up sending some really embarrassing texts to my ex girlfriend. I'm determined to get back on track. Drinking really does nothing good for me. At this point drinking is just a way to punish myself. I really need to make this stick.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeanSkillet View Post
I'm jumping back on day 1 on the last day of the month. I had a lot of no drinking days this month but I basically failed miserably over the weekend. Drank a lot yesterday and ended up sending some really embarrassing texts to my ex girlfriend. I'm determined to get back on track. Drinking really does nothing good for me. At this point drinking is just a way to punish myself. I really need to make this stick.
Good on you to jump back in Bean Skillet!
Old 08-31-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Yesterday was a good day. I felt energetic and in a great mood all day long.

Today I am back to the waves of panic and horrible cravings. I even had cravings for a drink when I first woke up!

Maybe I should go for a walk...
Old 08-31-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

im on my laptop for the first time ever on here. Don't you have to goto chat for a meeting when they have them?
It told me I needed to install "Java" ?
Im a tech dummy, but don't know if that's all I have to do. Anybody know?
Ive got to get in on some meetings. I cant get free with 2 jobs, 2 kids at home, wife going to local college, cub scouts, blah blah.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

JL, there you should be an Install / Yes button when you're prompted about it, right? Just click it, don't worry, it's fine to do so. Thankfully, SR isn't a front for Russian hackers.

And welcome BeanSkillet. We got a great group going here, so hope you stay with us.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

figured it out. Now I got to find when the meetings are.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

thanks Troy,
Im in a rural area anyway. No big info-hub to hack here anyway. Just a Walmart Dell, and a lifestyle that's too busy to get to a meeting. trying to get connected a bit more, so I can do better at this.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Rise View Post
Stay strong JL. I've been where you are, and I know how much it sucks. But your attitude will improve in a few days.

If you aren't aware of this book, I recommend Kick the Drink . . . Easily, by Jason Vale. It explains how almost all our ideas about alcohol are illusions and misconceptions. It has really help change my attitude about drinking, to the point that right now, I have little to no desire to drink.
thank you !
Im downloading it now.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

JL. Have you looked at rational recovery website? The crash course on AVRT? Quick and easy online resource . It really resonated with me.

I cant figure out how to get in the SR meetings from my ipad. Dont think ipads allow java or something? . Somehow I managed to get into a voice SMART meeting in the middle of the night, it was mainly UK people which was.so exciting with the great accents, but couldnt figure it out again
Old 08-31-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Ive looked at it sometime in the past.
I need to reread it. I remember it was good and helped me. I think detoxing messes me up bad, and I never knew it until I got on here and managed to slow the drinking down.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome spammy and welcome back bean skillet and beerbgone

NA beer led me back to the real thing gjess - it was just too close to the way I drank real beer, so it's always a big NO from me if anyone asks.

Some people say they do ok though - you'll have to decide for yourself, I think?

D
Old 08-31-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi class! Hello new members of August class! So much has happened, I can't even begin to respond to all of your updates and new stories. I have read most of them though. I must say, you are not alone in your struggle. You are not alone in your self-loathing and embarrassment. You are not alone in the battle to overcome addiction and those monstrous cravings and feelings of sadness and anger. That being said;
I'm celebrating a two-week sober milestone today! Celebrated by scheduling my next tattoo and applying for a new job not that I don't like my current one...but its a full service bar with only the best booze to offer! 😬 and I'm constantly getting mad at the people I work with. Especially now, since I'm SUPER moody.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Way to go coley on 2 weeks!! (May I call you that?) great idea on finding a new gig, a bar job would be hard to do for someone getting sober. Not impossible, but hard.

Feeling reflective tonight. 7 days ago I went on my last bender. It feels like a long time ago because I've been through an emotional rollercoaster since then that is still going, although it has slowed. I'm determined to not slip again, no way. Sad to lose my buddy nicotine too. But glad that toxin is out of my body too. Maybe this is why I needed that chocolate bar earlier Be good to yourselves guys, and I know together we can do this!!! Xo, kitty
Old 08-31-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Thanks kitty! Of course. Keeping busy eating and naps... That's all I can suggest for the waves of cravings. Fizzy drinks! Sparkling water and reeds extra Ginger beer( non alcoholic) .... I think I am cravin cigs too. Usually I smoke to quit drinking but my husband has made a commitment to quit smoking so I don't feel right because he's been smoking much longer than I have been an alcoholic!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on two weeks Coleiope

D
Old 08-31-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

good job on 2 weeks !!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

im up a little late reflecting and writing down a few things to focus on when depression hits me. Its whopping me at the end of the day. Im so glad I can get on here and talk to people. o man.
If I couldn't id probably lose it.
Thank you all so much for being here.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Last day of August - day 22 for me. Feeling good, just annoyed by wine commercials on TV. Not much new to report otherwise. Exercise and hiking routine seem to be working. My face looks so much better - puffiness is gone, redness and irritation of the skin are gone, eyes are not bloodshot. Lost a pound. 14 more wine pounds to go :-)

Are we going to continue this class into September? Hope everyone sticks around, whether you're on day 1 or 31!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
thanks Troy,
Im in a rural area anyway. No big info-hub to hack here anyway. Just a Walmart Dell, and a lifestyle that's too busy to get to a meeting. trying to get connected a bit more, so I can do better at this.
It's not about where you live. A lot of the times these guys just want to turn your computer into a hub / node. You know, infect 500,000 computers, and that's a lot of processing power at your disposal, from which you can do some pretty crazy things. Either that, or they'll just scan your HD for personal / banking info. That's why my real name isn't even anywhere on this computer.

Please note, I don't do anything like that. I'm the other end. My job is to keep these F'ers at bay.

But, sometimes you have to work with them. Want to know why your servers keep getting hacked? Find one of the hackers, offer them lots of money, and turn them into a contractor.