Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 4

Old 08-30-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Welcome sinderos and ba4life.!

I read newest posts first, and when I read this quote from Dee without knowing at first it was about the thread moving I thought what in the world did I miss here????

Originally Posted by Dee74
"it's really not the nether regions, in any sense."

hah! made me laugh.

Tomorrow is my long awaited week 1, can't wait to go to sleep and wake up to Day 7! taking the week off work as advised by doc to get over the beginning of work week AV bigmouth. GB ..Yeah, I've been craving sweets too, and Never did while drinking. Had a huge caramel drumstick today, it was a bit gross by the end of it, sugar overload, ugh. I'm going to do an early morning beach walk to celebrate Day 7 tomorrow! Today they closed beaches after two hammerhead sharks were spotted, I have a great white shark phobia but hammers, really? Much ado about nothing.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone

Welcome Sinderos and all new members of the class!

Just checking in to wish everyone the best, and congratulate all on their efforts. This is quite a journey without a doubt. I am finishing day 14, and looking forward to the future. Have found the initial stages of recovery to have ups and downs and I know everyone has had them. I would sincerely welcome a good nights sleep!

I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 08-30-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats hopeful

D
Old 08-30-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Congrats on 14 days hopeful. That's awesome!

And congrats to you Sadie on 1 week!
Old 08-30-2015, 11:52 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Morning lovely people
So I'm on day 12, it's dragging a bit at the moment. I also have a craving for sweet stuff which I never did before. I'm even eating spoonfuls of Nutella out of the jar. It's so good to wake up in the morning and feel relaxed, rested and guilt free but that alone is not going to keep me sober. The better I feel about myself the more likely the av will tell me it's ok to have that glass of wine. I am trying not to romantacise it and remind myself it would be a bottle at the least. It's a bank holiday in the UK today which is always an excuse to drink. I just keep remembering my horrific last drinking session and it kicks that av's arse
We have nearly made it to another month, keep going strong
Old 08-31-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brighterlife View Post
Morning lovely people So I'm on day 12, it's dragging a bit at the moment. I also have a craving for sweet stuff which I never did before. I'm even eating spoonfuls of Nutella out of the jar. It's so good to wake up in the morning and feel relaxed, rested and guilt free but that alone is not going to keep me sober. The better I feel about myself the more likely the av will tell me it's ok to have that glass of wine. I am trying not to romantacise it and remind myself it would be a bottle at the least. It's a bank holiday in the UK today which is always an excuse to drink. I just keep remembering my horrific last drinking session and it kicks that av's arse We have nearly made it to another month, keep going strong
sweet cravings is what I experience as well very strange , but my appetite is not great these days . Well done on you 12 days , I'm on day 15 today
Old 08-31-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Good morning August!

I went through sweet cravings as well. Our bodies are used to running on a ton of empty calories when drinking. The best tip I read, and really helped with my mood and energy level, was dark chocolate.

Something else I found very helpful at your stage, was eating more meals, just smaller. Basically snacked a lot with a couple small meals worked in. Eat healthy foods! Nuts, yogurt, fruit, smoothies, etc.

And don't forget lots of water and take your vitamins! Take a vitamin B complex as well as multi. Alcohol strips vitamin B's from the body. You'll see improvement on stress and energy if you do.

It keeps getting easier and easier folks. Keep up the great work! You will NOT be disappointed with your choice!

image-126958472.jpg
Old 08-31-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Nice to read all the sober days we are all racking up. And welcome to the newbies!

I'm on lovely day 7 today. A whole week sober and smoke-free!! Not gonna lie, I was craving a cigarette bad yesterday and was also feeling some lingering sadness. I think I am still in the mourning / acceptance phase of never drinking again. Thankfully I woke up this morning and that sadness and the cravings are gone. I think the 13 mile bike ride I went on yesterday must have also helped.

Today I'm going into the doc to get a checkup, somewhat nervous but I know this is what I have to do to take care of myself. This is what sobriety is about, facing these kinds of things instead of hiding behind the booze. Getting it done will feel good.

I just read the book Blackout by Sarah Hepola. Anyone else like to read drinking / sobriety memoirs as much as me? I can relate to a lot of it, especially for the women out there, I highly recommend it! I heard about it on NPR.

Happy monday August class!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

I don't know if I ever can quit smoking . I don't smoke cigarettes for a week now but I can't live without electronic cigarette, it's in my hand all day long . I don't think I can quit ever
Old 08-31-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Day 1.
August 31.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Never give up JL, and always keep trying. Are you sticking with the August class? I hope so, as I enjoy your posts. We're getting moved tomorrow.

Anyway, will be an early night for me. Have to be up at 5:30am. Monks do their rounds at 6am to collect food / gifts for the day and give blessings, so I want to be up for that. I want to ask some questions. They seem to almost go into hiding after their 6am rounds, so I'll ask them tomorrow morning.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Day 1.
August 31.
JL.. Sorry man was missing you, glad you are back. We just have to keep trying!

Troy, can't wait to hear about the monks!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

JL, glad you are back at it. Let's try hard to make this THE day 1. The one you will celebrate for a very long time. Remember it's not so much what you are giving up as it is what you are gaining. Remember that sobriety is rare and honorable.

Happy Monday class.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Stick with us JL. You can stay in August as long as you like. We need you! Troy I'm not sure why the August vs September class keeps coming up. We are all August quitters and can stick together no matter where Dee moves our thread. I invite everyone to keep posting here in August even if you have slips. Don't feel like a slip or only having a few days means you aren't able to stick with us!!!
We will all help each other stay accountable!!!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

By the way guys, there is no rule that says you can't be a member of multiple classes. So if you want to be a part of both August and September, by all means go for it!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

I'll stick here if it's ok with y'all.
I blacked out or so etching yesterday. Wife told me we took a 4wheeler ride and I have no, I mean NO recollection of even going. I never drink more than a pint because that's how I tell myself I'm at the cutoff. Don't recall blacking out much.
I'm really freaked out. Could've hurt my family in an accident and never remembered it.
Nerves aren't bad right now, but I'm gonna be a wreck in a few days Probly. Gotta crank up the treadmill hard and heavy. I'm really really weirded out by this.
I think this is it for me. Looking at my pictures of my family.
Self loathing. Boy we're good at it.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I am on day 8 and can't believe I made it through the weekend So proud and clear headed.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Hello!

Joined in 2011, relapsed since. New sobriety date 4/15/15.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Congrats Elizke!

WelcomeSpammy! Glad to have you with us. Congrats on your 2 weeks!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Keep up with it...thinking about you.