Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 4

Old 08-30-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Bexxed, 30 days!!! That sounds so good! I hope to always be one day behind you.

Lovehoops, your day sounds picture perfect...until the near accident. My heart aches for the young woman in your story.

Ladybug, I had that same feeling twice this weekend. Once again last night I was the only one at our table without a cocktail. They even had pre poured champaign at every place setting! I gave it away. I did think of this class and you, Blackbird...hope the wedding went well.

Welcome to our newbies. I hope you stick with us as we move to another forum soon.

Have a nice Sunday.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MilitiARGH View Post
Last night was tough. Really felt and acted like a cranky little boy. Woke up with a sober head and sighed of relief. One fight at a time.
Yeah, this is how I get. Just cranky because I want what I want and I can't have it. When I was quitting smoking I used to call that my "inner brat" and I think the same applies to drinking for me, too. Here people call it the "AV" or alcoholic voice but I think it's the same thing by a different name. It's a little baby that wants what it wants and never thinks anything through, never cares about consequences! You'll get past the point where that voice is prominent and you won't be cranky forever.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Good morning, Class of August! I have no desire to start in a different class; staying right here where all the rest of the August bunch resides.

This morning I have a bit of heartburn which, I suppose, is pancreatic pain in disguise. It hasn't risen to the level of needing pain meds but I'm quite sure if I take acid reducers they will do nothing, since that's what I always try first when this flares up. With any luck it will stop on its own but I have the meds handy if I need them.

I'm hoping to finish up the final project for my web development class and get that turned in, since it is due today. I had sent in the partial files on Friday, with an explanation, thinking I'd be in the hospital for several days, but I have no excuse now for not finishing unless I'm too medicated to tackle the few final details. It should take about two or three hours to finish, so that's the plan for the bulk of my Sunday. That and laundry.

Hope everyone has (or is having) a wonderful day today. Stay close to us and, whatever you do, don't drink that poison. You all don't have to be as hardheaded as I am.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Retread, have you ever tried Gaviscon? I remember back when I was a kid, I constantly got heart burn nearly every time I ate, and it seemed to do the trick. Obviously, yours might be quite a bit more severe though.

You're in web development too, eh? Cool. Design or development, if I may ask? I'm on the development end myself. I'm the guy that makes things secure and work correctly, but can't make them look pretty.

And yeah, like all of you, think I'll just stick with August as well. I think I've joined every class since March, and you have to admit, this is a pretty cool class we have going.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hi Troy,

I have never tried the Gaviscon but maybe I should. Always looking for better ways to soothe the tummy.

I am (loosely) in development, but my skillset is obsolete and I'm taking a certificate program to bring myself up to speed. Much of what I do right now is glorified design, but I'm hoping to move back toward development work once this program is completed.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

day 4 , feeling better but cant stop eating now . I suppose I will level out , I hope so before I blow out haha .
Old 08-30-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tam.S View Post
day 4 , feeling better but cant stop eating now . I suppose I will level out , I hope so before I blow out haha .
Glad you're feeling better. I'm on day 4, too.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Good afternoon. I hope everyone is enjoying the their day.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FaithfulAndFree View Post
Hello all, would love to join here. I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you.
Hello Faithful, welcome to the August Class.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Look like Lots of good news in today's thread, Class of August! Im happy to read many of you are doing better with sobriety. I had an awesome Saturday. But today was a nightmare! I almost cried on my way home from work because I want a beer soooo bad! I have been busting my butt all day at work....my coworkers really **** me off & I have to be nice to everyone, but I have been grumpy because I'm picking up THEIR slack. I wonder if I really hate my life and that's why I wanted to be drunk all the time? I wonder if I would be happy with a different job and a different lifestyle? Have I just been numbing self-loathing? I feel So stressed out! My family.my friends...my jobs...they put too much on me. I honestly don't know how I kept up with it all drunk, because I feel like I'm drowning now and I'm approaching 2 weeks sober! Maybe it's PMS. Maybe it's my AV being sneaky. I want to stay sober, but I also want to feel happy!
Old 08-30-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Benice...congrats on 30 days..that's fantastic!!!!
Tam...I also cannot stop eating. I never used to eat much when I drank. I wanted the quicker buzz...crazy! I am always hungry now.
It sounds like everyone is feeling better...
I had another lovely day at the each with hubby and friends. Go back to work on Tuesday .
We have one more day left classmates, then we move to a new month.!!
Old 08-30-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
We have one more day left classmates, then we move to a new month.!!
Why don't we all just make a pact to move over to the Sept class? Then we make the Sept class the best god damn class SR has ever seen?

This way, we don't get broken up, neither do we get shoved over to the nether regions of the forum.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

You won't get broken up. A dedicated August 2015 will be developed just or this great group!

**(
)}
Old 08-30-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice start to the new week guys
Old 08-30-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Yeah, but it's nicer if you have an influx of new blood who need a hug, and a helping hand.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Then post your well wishes to the newbies on the September thread...they will need and appreciate it.

**(
)}
Old 08-30-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I have screwed up this weekend. I went to an event where drinking was everywhere yesterday and I did great. I didn't drink anything... Until I got home late last night and then .. My AV won...I hate myself. It was like I was rewording myself for not drinking all day by drinking. What sort of backwards nonsense is this? .. I didn't totally binge out but I had a couple of beers.. And then today .. Somehow I thought having the beers around was not a good idea, so I drank them.... I am an idiot ... So frustrated..
Old 08-30-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Day one coming to an end. It was pretty rough for me. Thinking of all the day ones Ive had makes me feel like a complete failure. Im dealing with a lot of issues that lead me to drinking again. Those issues haven't left. Today I will not drink. I will focus on healthier coping mechanisms. These next couple of days will be tough as I am leaving for Cancun tomorrow. Please keep me in your minds and send positivity my way.

Wishing all of my classmates sobriety, success and serenity!
Old 08-30-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

gBlue, that sounds like like my AV logic! "If I drink the rest of the whisky now...it won't be around to tempt me throughout the workweek" or "I'll just buy the six pack and drink it this evening after all my responsibilities are taken care of..." (Drink them all before I even get started) Don't be too hard on yourself . You can still quit now! It sounds like you really want to. You deserve it!
Old 08-30-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Yes.. I really want to. In the grand scheme of things, I've consume a 6 pack.. But it feels like starting over and I hate that soooo much. Also, I had an awful withdrawal episode like 5 years back, so anytime I relapse I am nervous about just stopping and make 10 million excuses why I need to taper again. That's is AV talking .. Right? Like I had nothing for 2 weeks and then slipped and had a 6 pack .. I should just go back to zero, right? I read too much stuff in the Internet... why is this so hard? So many great things were just taking hold.