Notices

One Year & Over Part 29

Old 09-02-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Saskia!

IW, if it's not raining, you haven't got anything tempting laying around, he may just pack his bags and zoom off!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

You know full well that his brother and 10 cousins will come flying in after him!
Old 09-02-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

......Followed by a wasp a bee and a trail of ants!

Mags as if I would ever differ from you, begging or not! Actually I have a total mongrel accent, part brummie, part estuary and with Scottish colloquialisms!

Late on parade, had a very early start today went to Cinque Terre, 5 villages balanced on the edge of cliffs. Very picturesque, pretty isolated, and accessible only by train or boat. Fortunately the weather was fine enough for us to access by boat which was so much better as the view arriving at the harbours on the boat were wonderful. We ended with a wine tasting, I sat glugging fizzy water out of a 2 litre bottle while everyone else discussed the merits of the wines. I didn't want to drink, but I did feel a bit left out. Same as I would in any group of people of i were the only one not able to partake . No biggy. We have just booked another trip which will also end in a wine tasting..... This is Chianti country so they have a theme going!!

Belated Happy Hump day everyone!
Old 09-02-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs wishing everyone a good nights rest
Old 09-02-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

I hear you, Toots--twenty-five years ago Virginia came up with a brilliant idea for raking in easy revenue: grow grapes and set up wineries all over the place. Everything in my area seems to be a wine-tasting tour!

Well, I did go to a wine tasting once back in the day. Imagine my frustration when I realized I had to spit each sip back out before I tried the next one! What a waste of an alcoholic's time!
Old 09-02-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Magsie

Toots! Good to hear from you! By heck lass, your tool box Is well rooted and established! Hope it wasn't too heavy on the plane. Lol.

Gilmer, in those days I would've took crafty swallows! Thank goodness that's behind us.

Sweet dreams Wolfie!
Old 09-02-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Aww Mags, sorry you are having trouble getting your asthma under control. The must be really frustrating!

Wolf,
You are living the life. All of us are, the sober one we deserved, with choices and freedom from isolation. No regrets about last night, no sickness this morning, from self inflicted slow suicide. Isn't it amazing to have a drink and relax for real, instead off going into a mindless drinking frenzy, only slowed by loss of consciousness.

Hey Toots,
That sounds like a real Heinz 57 accent you have there. I am told I have a Yankee accent by folks from here, and that I have a Southern accent by Northerners .

I understand your feeling of being left out. But then again we can be there and enjoy the knowledge without the taste.

Gil,
I never went to one where the spitting was mandatory! Now that would make me mad. They offered the spitting bowls at one but it was optional. I agree, what a waste for a normal drinker.

Carlos!
Wow good to see you so much again!

I got the electrical done with my BIL today and we passed inspection. So tomorrow we can get the electric turned on! I really pulled my back hitching the tractor up with the grader blade and putting up the scoop. My back is not cooperative. But a little pain results in a major gain. I can take my evening dose of Naproxin and sleep well. But tomorrow I have a full day's work of filling in the trench for the two electric lines. The A/C units inside and out were installed today. And next week the carpet guy is coming out to finish the joiner seams, the painter will be painting ceilings, and redoing some damaged trim. Then the hardy board skirting gets done next week and that will be about it.

I never had to be the onsite stupidvisor for such a variety of contractors. Some with no pride in their work. And others still getting it on.

Gotta shower and rack out.

Nite all.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:02 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Magsie

Lol, itchy, it never ceases to make me giggle, ' stupidvisor' watch that back of yours tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, hope you're all well.

My head is full of clutter and I notice I've slowly brought more into our living room. I was going for minimalist but it doesn't seem to be working. I will keep digging at it.

Just heard on the news that drinks in England are costing the tax payers millions on the nhs with alcohol related diseases- Really!!! Will they ever get the message?

Gotta go, but will be close today, feeling delicate with all the medication rattling about inside me!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning

Thank you Itchy & Mags
Old 09-03-2015, 12:14 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags feel better soon sweetie

Wolfie I hope you are able to keep getting out running in the colder weather I ran all last winter. As for the chance to work in rehab of some form, a great friend and hero of mine did just that when she began to manage her recovery and has done it ever since. She is now head of her department and still doesn't have a formal qualification. It's rare but it can happen. Alternatively there are ways of getting on the job qualifications if you choose that route.

I found out for myself that going down the 'Helping ' route was more about me fulfilling my own needs, so having qualified as a counsellor I've never really used my experience ( other than here I guess, I have helped SR friends to look at relationships from a different angle or suggested different ways of coping with situations) I like working with people, as I do now but don't really want to life my life listening to other people's struggles constantly. If that sounds selfish, so be it!
Old 09-03-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Do your best

Toots thank you I didn't realise you trained as a counsellor

I've been looking at job titles qualifications courses to get to certain positions etc

I think I'm drawn to helping ppl with addiction & alcoholism

I still remember thinking il never get sober its just not going to happen etc

still havnt decided but got lots of things to bring up with job team who are in partnership with the therapy service
Old 09-03-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post
Trying to work and a fly continues to torture me. I opened the door...what will be the outcome?
I hope you have better luck than Walter White!

Old 09-03-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

When I lived in a different part of Missouri, there were wineries on every corner and every small town. Most of the wine was sweet sipping wine, which I did not like. But they were hard to avoid. Now it is a liquor store or a drugstore or grocery carrying liquor. I go to the CVS Drugstore rather than Walgreens since CVS does not have a liquor (or cigarette) department.

Sold my old car for a pittance last night. Quit running reliably and I was not about to put any money into it. Sold it to a fellow who wants to tinker and try to fix it. Could be something simple, but paying a mechanic to try to diagnose and then trial and error repair was out of my budget. Car was 26 years old, I owned it for about 6 years and it was given to me so I didn't lose much.

I have been thinking about looking at a new job path, but I get so discouraged. I did send in application for one, but then they sent a 15 page assessment and the questions were getting too probing and un-necessary so I stopped.

Good to check in with the Overs, I have been busy and not done so in depth for a while.

to all!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

toots Cinque Terre looks beautiful!

and take care of that back itch
Old 09-03-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Sorry about the third degree questions, Drake. I'm glad you made a profit on your car!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post

Well, I did go to a wine tasting once back in the day. Imagine my frustration when I realized I had to spit each sip back out before I tried the next one! What a waste of an alcoholic's time!
I was notorious for not doing that, got a lot of glares from others. They had me pegged as an Alkie.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Do your best

Been reading my new louise hay book you can heal your life

I am itching to go on a walk I've plastered where there is a new blister (right achilles 2nd time) and on top of my toes

and applied a lil Vaseline to help

Spk soon guys
Old 09-03-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, FBL, that was me. Thank you for the the vid. Perfect timing. I have a very busy and important day...longish drive, then a mtg. I was laughing so hard. I will see him all day and smile.

Have a great day, O's.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Do your best

I done a walk but only around 40 mins or so, even with plasteres up and with vaseline I could still feel burning & friction so didn't overdo it I say that but I'm overdoing with blisters already

Need to really let them heal

Going to read some more after posting