Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 19

Old 09-01-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hugs to you, too, sweet v.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

So sorry you are not well, Leigh. Get well soon.

Hope you kiddo enjoys preschool, Briar!

Congrats on 11 months, Mark! Wow! Awesome.

Conquest, so happy for you. Your life sounds so much better these days! I can feel the joy in your posts. Wonderful!

I am tired and my legs ache and I have not even begun the luncheon today. LOL. Up making sandwiches at 6:15 in between dealing with puppy. Made a huge salad as well. Having coffee and breakfast before I shower and then I start the event with set up at 10am. Should be done by 3 with the cleanup. I do have helpers but need to be present for the whole time since I "run" it. Really, my hard work is done, once we tidy up the rooms where the event is held, so by 11:45. Then we just watch folks come and get food and act friendly and helpful.

Was running tons of errands yesterday. Having some issue with my Achilles tendons. I had a big issue with it several years ago, and hope this does not become so bad. It is just starting and I am trying to stretch, got new sneakers, etc...

Well, Gotta go. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hope it all goes well today phoebe, but knowing you , it will!

Ouch on the Achilles...how serious is it?
Old 09-01-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Thanks, V.

Not too serious yet, stiff after sitting and achy/sore walking around, but I works off. But it started on one leg, and is now both. I think I wrestle with inflammation issues of a chronic nature.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Congrats Conquest! Great news!

Feel better soon Leigh.

School can't start soon enough for my little one. Wife is a bit stressed going back to work and juggling the two kiddos.

Take care everyone.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Congratulations Conquest! You've created such a great new life and I'm happy for you.

Phoebe, your event should be winding down by now....I hope all went well.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

So happy for you Conquest. Feel better Leigh. Phoebe, hope you are relaxing down after all your hard work. Ready for fall TV Venus?
Old 09-01-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I had a look at the show list BD, and a few of them look good, but I don't know if I will be able to keep watching. We shall see.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Thanks yall

I hope the luncheon went well, Phoebe. Take it easy tonight.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Congrats Conquest! Sobriety has really cleared the way for wonderful things.

And Mark almost a year. What a huge accomplishment. Some others among us are close too, you gold star sobers.

Phoebe I hope you are resting by now and everything went well. You put a ton of work into this.

Leigh I hope you feel better.

V I still need to work on watching more TV. Am I the only person in the world with this problem?

All is good here. This week is shaping up better than last. I'm still concerned about my assistant and am debating how to approach it. This sort of awkward thing is exactly why I do not want to be a supervisor. I think she just needs some guidance though. This type of work environment is a big change for her.

My daughter is enjoying preschool. She's stoked about her new cubby and backpack and all that. She has a designated spot at a table with her name taped on it and everything. Very official! She is now in the highest "grade" in the school/daycare facility (all one place where she's been since she was six months, but different rooms by age group), so she feels like top dog. She's been there for so long that I'm worried about the transition to kindergarten. But I guess that's all normal and there will always be plenty of stuff to worry about that will all turn out fine anyway.

But I still, she's my little baby.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Briar, perhaps you could go out for lunch or a cup of tea/coffee with your assistant and chat out of the office. And remember that having this talk will help her as well as you. I know you know this, but I like to look at my motivations when I get a bit nervous about something, or have to navigate an awkward situation. It helps me to breath and take the next step.

How sweet to be the 'big girl' at pre-school. So glad your little girl is enjoying all of this.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Briar, you definitely don't have to work on watching more TV. I do enjoy it. I relax on my couch watching a show or two in the evening. I'll take that as a vice, LOL.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I see some green lights on! Good morning and good evening everyone!
Grabbing my coffee to go style today. Be well
Old 09-02-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

You know what's still great? Remembering I did something important the night before, like paid bills, and thinking "aw crap, better check that to make sure I did it right," then remembering that "I was SOBER last night! Those bills are on point!"

Sobriety makes the whole day better but I think the first half in particular.

Have a good one!
Old 09-02-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Good morning guys. Whew, long day yesterday. Lunch went well and there were leftovers for the teachers to enjoy today. Got home around 3:30, son had haircut at 5, puppy obedience class at 7.

Right now, pampering myself with a very overdue cut and color. .

First day back to school for son, daughter goes tomorrow. I don't have the usual sense of freedom about that, but it's fine. I miss them now that they are older. Son has a long day, getting home around 4. Bus rides and recesses add time to the school day vs the HS schedule. I have the puppy, so at the present time, a bit like having a toddler around, lol. Looking forward to a regular schedule for all to get into a daily groove with him.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

We're getting back into the groove here as well. The boys are gone tonight with church stuff so I'm having laundrypalooza and cleaning out random junk at my place. Not sure when the wedding and move will be, but it's looking like November or December. I'll keep yall posted as details get settled.

Briar, I just took care of bills last night and had to wonder how I ever afforded myself before sobriety! What a total waste of money down the toilet, quite literally. Lol

I hope everyone's week is going well.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Yes, drinking is a huge waste of $$!!

Conquest, a wedding! How exciting!
Old 09-03-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Thursday. A long weekend ahead for many.

Seems all are well and busy at the moment ....all good.

Wishing everyone the best day. Gym time.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Yep. Long weekend ahead. We've got plans every second (which is a good thing for sobriety). Friday night is a get together at our place so I've got to stock up on seltzer and snacks, my favorite arsenal. Since our beloved BlueBell Icecream is back in business, we may need to make some coke floats too. And I'm most looking forward to a college football game on Saturday. It may still be 95 degrees outside, but the sound of football makes me excited because it means fall is on the way.
Keep at it, friends!
Old 09-03-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Coke floats, coke floats, yes!

Sounds good Conquest.

Long weekends are great.