Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 19

Old 09-19-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Glad your family is well Briar. That's what this country is all about. Supporting your local community. Makes us strong as a whole.

I'm actually surprised that V has been so absent. She's always been so active with her recovery. With whatever she's going through I wish her only the best. Your missed!!!! :hugs:

It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since our initial commitment. You should be very proud Mark. Been contemplating joining the new September class as I need more active support right now.

Family outing today. The Big E! It's New England's fair. Since none of the states have a state fair all come together and put on one BIG one up in Mass. Usually go every year. As always the potential to drink at this is huge. Beer every where you look. Last year I was sober. This year the same goes for me. Gonna be a long day...

Enjoy the weekend guys.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Busy weekend here. Already finished wrapping soap. I have an event 10/10 which means that I have 3 more weekends to crank stuff out including this one. It's a beautiful day and there's a Craft Show in town-will take a break later, check it out and get some inspiration. Enjoy your weekend my friends!
Old 09-19-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Looks like both of you are off to a good start to the weekend.

I understand where you're coming from on the September class thing Arbor. Sticking around here too can't hurt though right?

I've wondered what I'll do as the dynamics of the class change. I feel a sadness when I fear that things are not going well for some....beyond the normal ups and downs. I want to go there and encourage them, hug 'em, laugh, cry, whatever it takes to shake them free. Then I question my own resolve. I need the daily interaction as much as ever so I've been nosing around in other forums to see if there is something I can do in addition to our class. I'll always love our group best of all.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

So do I Mark. So do I...I'll never forget when we first started this.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

onward to another day guys - off to bed for me

D
Old 09-19-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hello beautiful Octsobers.
I've just came out of a 28 day residential addiction treatment program. I kinda miss it already as it was a nice safe bubble in there. Really intense therapy and deep soul searching, but there was a counsellor/fellow addict to talk to 24/7.
I'm going to AA meetings almost daily and have even found a Higher Power (although not the "mystical godlike being on t throne in heaven") of my understanding.
Not sure yet how much I'm going to be present in SR. I'm just glad to read that those of you still here are marching bravely onwards.
All my love Sparkos.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

So great to hear from you Sparkos! Glad you are on a good path!
Old 09-19-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

So wonderful to read your post Sparkos!! I'm in AA too. Stay with us if you can. On and upwards!
Old 09-19-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Sparkos! Welcome back! So glad you got treatment and are doing well. Hang out here, we can talk about whatever you're going through. So glad to see you back!
Old 09-19-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

So great to see your post Sparkos! Congratulations on your progress.....it's just great to read that!

I hope to be seeing you around. Welcome back!!!
Old 09-19-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

So nice to hear from you Sparkos!
Old 09-19-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Sparkos - I did three months of outpatient earlier this year, and it really helped me get my footing. I did AA five meetings a week for a couple months. I learned so much from all of that, and keeping the knowledge and skills I gained in the forefront of my mind every day has gotten me farther than I've ever been. I have almost seven months sober and feel strong in my resolve to stay this way. Treatment is awesome and works when you actively use what you learned there. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to do inpatient. You can do this. Let's keep talking.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear from you Sparkos - I for one hope you'll stick around

D
Old 09-19-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Where are our missing folks?

Arbor I know what you mean about needing a lot of support. I spent a lot of time on the newcomers board in the beginning. That really helped. I've also scoped out the February board a bit, but it feels a little weird to bomb into a well established class at this point. It's a good idea to get on board with the September class now so you won't feel like the new kid later. But if you abandon us, I will find you.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

All the threads are very welcoming in my experience Briar, but it's up to you.

I hope we hear from Venus Conquest and other Tobers soon

D
Old 09-20-2015, 03:21 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Good morning gang.

I hope your daughter enjoyed her party phoebe, so now that she's 16, let the driving begin!

And hoping your crew had a nice day at the fair Arbor. For all my talk about missing the years when my kiddos were little I'll say that I absolutely don't miss hauling all the paraphernalia around. How can little kids need so much stuff?! Beach trips are much easier as they grow up a little too. Good thing you've got this day to recuperate before work.

Gonna try and shake off the cloud of worry that shaded my Saturday and make the most of today. Starting with gym time.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Briar. I will not abandon our class. Not ever! Just didn't want to bore you guys with the basics again. Some of the early stuff I'm having to deal with all over again and that new September class moves pretty fast with lots of much needed support. I've been checking it out on the regular but haven't joined yet. I'm not sure what people here mean when they say you get the full benefit.

Was a great day yesterday! Glad to be sober and strong for the family. For me too of course. We got there nice and early. No traffic getting in as that can be a nightmare. Stayed from 9-5. Didn't notice much beer drinking early on, but later omg. Not the place for someone in early recovery. Like i said though I went last year when I first started this and was sober. I was very confident going in. I've been through a lot of major events in my life sober. Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc...still though a level of disconnect for me during the day. Overall my three year old and I got to go on some rides together for the first time. Was kinda teary eyed for me. He's growing up so fast. I'm glad to be there for him. I need to be as he gets older. It's so important.

Your right about all that gear Mark. It's nuts. I wanted to take one stroller but the wife insisted to take two. Needless to say I ended up pushing around an empty one all day. My three yr old is just too big for it.

Went to bed at 8:30. Thought my boy would sleep in as he missed his nap yesterday, but alas! He's up at 6:30!! That's fine. I've gotten plenty of good sober rest.

Enjoy Sunday guys.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Sounds like a fun day Arbor. My daughter was always big on rides; at your son's age, she loved the Ferris Wheel-such fantastic views. I'm a little surprised you weren't pushing him around by the end of the day. He must have been having a great time! Off to the supermarket.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Kid has always been a trooper BD! He's tall for his age. Over 42". He did use it on the way out, but no way was gonna nap in it.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Went to bed at 8:30
My normal bedtime. Us older guys need our rest!