Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 19

Old 09-03-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

What holiday is it over there? Just wondering...
Enjoy the long weekend all. ♥
Old 09-03-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Good night, V!

The holiday is called Labor Day. First weekend every September. First Monday. So, long weekend for most.

That said, I am headed to bed. Early mornings, kids back to school, and puppy have me tired.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Morning BD! Morning everyone!

Work time. Ttl....
Old 09-04-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 09-04-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hi gang, thankfully it's time to come up for air and put work aside for a bit. I need to work on finding more ways to relax than exercise. It's just so hard to go from full speed work mode to a more settled state of mind. Haven't made much progress on that front but it'll come I guess.

Labor Day where I grew up means the big dove hunt on the home place. I'm tepid on the idea of going for some reason. We shall see. On a side note, our neighbor's household got caught up in the Ashley Madison thing (I had never even heard of it before all the hoopla) and i don't think we'll be getting the normal invitation to grill there. I'm sure y'all can relate to being tired enough that nothing sounds too fun to me right now!

I hope each of you has a great weekend.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Oh boy Mark. I heard about that Ashley Madison thing. Personal info was hacked or something right? The way I see it is that if your involved with a site like that I guess you could say they had it coming.

Hope your weekend turns out to be relaxing for ya. I'm spent. Gonna hit the sack very soon. These two kids wipe me out.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Especially two young kids like your flock Arbor....but I guess it's their job to wipe us out!

Seems that hackers got the list of folks that had accounts at the site and posted it. I was blown away that my neighbor was part of it. I've worked with him on fund raisers for the school where our kids go. My wife and I decided to not get into any of the talk of it in our social set....or at all really. They've started some sort of marriage counseling. I know that their kids have been humiliated about it all and that's heartbreaking.

As a practical note.....I'm surprised that anyone would use their real name on something like that.

Ok, smoothie time and then lights out for me......ah what a wild life I lead these days.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Ashley Madison...oops! I guess someone over there has a lot to explain.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Yikes, Mark. I am sure that must be awful for the kids, if the community is gossiping about that family.

I am also of the camp that to use such a site, well, hard to feel sorry for the cheater, but yes, sorry for the collateral damage to a family and kids.

Dd has her sweet 16 fast approaching. She just wants a house party with girlfriends here. We will do that the weekend after, but next weekend, I am in Chicago, so today. we are going shopping to find party favors. Headed to the mall, specifically Bath and Body Works. Always popular with the teen girls. ''Of course, she will have to eventually get out of bed to go do that with me. Think I will take a walk, and then wake her. Would prefer to get there early and be done with it.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness....Bath and Body works! What is it about that place and young ladies?! My girls have spent a small fortune there. One of my goals in life is to never set foot in the place.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Oh man, that stuff smells so strong. I can tell when I encounter someone wearing it. I know because I've been guilty of it myself . My work doesn't allow fragrances, so I've just gotten used to not wearing any. I can really tell when someone is wearing that stuff. I have a very keen sense of smell anyway, which has certain disadvantages.

I do like their hand soaps, though.

Yeah, I can't really sympathize with the Ashley Madison guy, though I obviously hid plenty of secrets from my husband when I was drinking. I feel like getting involved with another person to that degree is pretty extreme. Terrible for the kids.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

I don't wear cologne, but back in the eighties when I was a young buck I used that polo stuff in the green bottle. With that applied and my gold chain and Guess jeans on I had it going on!

Met up with a buddy of mine that was in town this week. We were roommates in college and I was close to him and his wife. She died tragically 3 years ago. He bought a plane some time back and wants me to fly up to our college town for lunch with him some time. I think he gets lonesome with two of his three boys in college and a big empty house. He said it's more fun to have someone to fly with him. I'm not terribly fond of small aircraft as I tend to get motion sick, but I think I'm gonna give it a try. I want to get out of my box a bit.....it's not a bad box, but I'm feeling a need to shake things up a bit with my routine.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I also don't wear much fragrance. Funny, mark, I bought my boyfriend Polo cologne for years, high school and all of college. I guess today it is Axe...ACK!!!

I find most Bath and body works smell so similar. I get sort of numb in there, but the HS girls love it.

Did some cooking today. Made a Greek quinoa salad, and key lime mini pies. All seem good. We have a pool party tomorrow. Dh's buddies and wives. Will be fun. Our kids will stay home and watch puppy. Gives us an escape route.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

My brother used that Axe spray when he was in high school. My mom hated it. She called it Ass Spray.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Lol, Briar. Dd says all the boys use it and she prefers BO to Axe.

We also hit Teavana! I thought of you, Briar. $60 later. Wicked expensive. Did but a tea maker. That was some of the money, but we bought just 3 ounces of two featured teas, otherwise. Can't do that on a regular basis.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Are you there, V? How are you doing?
Old 09-06-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Quiet around here.

I'm hanging out at the ice cream parlor saving a table for my best friend and my daughter. Her birthday present to my daughter was $20 to spend however she wants. We went to the park for a while, now we're at ice cream, then we're hitting the Ross down the street for her to pick out a toy. Fun afternoon. I've been feeling tired and depressed for a couple days, but it helps to get out and do normal things.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

She got a ridiculously large ice cream cone and a Frozen umbrella at Ross. Happiest kid ever.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

That is cute, Briar. We were at a party this afternoon, early evening, no kids with us. Neighbors of our friends were there, with 3 under 4 years old. Maybe 3 and under. A set of twin girls and a toddler girl. They were so cute! Where does the time go. My little girl is almost 16!

Felt fine not drinking at this party. Hubby is still drinking. I drove home. Did not think that through. We took his car. I prefer driving mine. I am tired and may head to bed before the kids! No school tomorrow. Want to get up early and get some food to grill for dinner. Need to do it on the early side as son and hubby have soccer practice in the evening.

Hope everyone is well. Are you around V? Thinking of you. Thinking of everyone, but V is usually on daily and have not seen her for a couple...