Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 9

Old 10-03-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I'm around. Going to the gym with my wife. Rainy and very wet here but we got off fairly easy.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
waking down

Dog show cancelled today but it wasn't raining earlier so we hiked around Valley Forge. Fly home tomorrow. Hope you're all well.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Shoulda called me zero, When I went to costco I was 15 minutes from valley forge...

Hopefully you had a sweater or jacket.
Lazy day here. I stayed up all because I drank some coffee after 8PM. I did manage to pull some straw off my baby grasslings to they weren't too soggy. Supposed to get some sun starting Monday - in the 60s and 70s.

Hope the show went well. Is it tomorrow or just canceled? That's a bummer if they postponed it just for one day.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I just had a major revelation. And who says what you learn in second grade isn't useful...
every good boy does fine face...
since my fingers hurt a lot I'm just studying the fret board and going over the circle of 5ths and key signatures... I just realized that the sharps written on the key signature are actually on the notes that are sharp - I figured out how many sharps or flat are in the scales just looking at the positions, but I just realized looking at another link that the sharps are not just willy-nilly on the staff... I had been writing sharps on my papers not realizing their placement meant something... I'm my own teacher in this thing... had to tell somebody I had an 'aha' moment. Plus my eyes needed a break...
Sometimes just studying a little helps than just banging away on the strings.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
waking down

Been at the Hampton in Exton for two nights. Heading to the airport. Awesome day yesterday at the Forge. Show cancelled. Different show today but it's only terriers - not our dog. She did good. Got a select (like third place) one day and best of opposite sex (like second) the next. We think she should be winning best of breed but we keep getting beat by big ugly dogs. Our bitch is too pretty for her own good. The boys always seem to win.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Terriers rock! (for what it's worth)
Old 10-04-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Congrats on placing with the dog. Yeah, they favor males I guess.
Exton is a short haul down route 100 from me. If you had seen that area 20 years ago you wouldn't recognize it. It was mostly farm/woods. Now it HOUSES and shopping everywhere. You were also a very short ride away to longwood gardens from Exton.
Safe travels.

It cool and damp here. Fall has taken over.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:59 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I camped at Valley Forge for a few weeks when I went to the National Boy Scout Jamboree. Beautiful area but I'm sure it's change.

Off to a sober work week.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

"Off to a sober work week." And sober weekends?

Vet, I was going through a box of boy scout patches to dump on EEEEEE-bay. I have a VF jamboree patch from the 60's and MANY more. I had no idea how collectible these things are. I guesstimate I have about $1000+ worth of patches, some rare OA patches and philmont stuff- and no they were not mine. I got out of the scouts after some weird stuff went on at camp... end of sharing.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
waking down

I live less than an hour from Philmont.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hope your flight was smooth zero and it wasn't too much of a strain.
I'm getting into hunting mode again. And still struggling with chord changes... Now I know why most of the big time pros started doing this when they 9 years old. It must take years... But I got years...
Old 10-07-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
waking down

All good. Flew out on time and survived the 3.5 hour drive after. Back at work and swamped as ever... Hope y'all are well...
Old 10-09-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend. Complicated life, at times. But always room for thanksgiving. Thanks, folks!
Old 10-10-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=LBrain;5586224]"Off to a sober work week." And sober weekends?

Vet, I was going through a box of boy scout patches to dump on EEEEEE-bay. I have a VF jamboree patch from the 60's and MANY more. I had no idea how collectible these things are. I guesstimate I have about $1000+ worth of patches, some rare OA patches and philmont stuff- and no they were not mine. I got out of the scouts after some weird stuff went on at camp... end of sharing.[/QUO
TE]
I was an Eagle Scout. I have a bunch of patches and memorabilia around here somewhere. Lot of good memmories of scouting.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving guys

LB I started guitar at 17 - I still think that was about 16 years too late

D
Old 10-10-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving up there in northern north america!
Apple cider is in season around here. A little sweet sometimes, but a very good drink if you can get it fresh squoze.

Congrats on being an Eagle Vet - that's quite an accomplishment and great to have on your resume. My nephew just earned his eagle last year. The kid is visually handicapped and will be blind before not too long - a family thing he inherited from grand pop.
I also have the map my BIL used for an orienteering project from Philmont in the late sixties. A complete map in great shape.

Dee, yeah, as much as I am motivated to move forward, my fingers are sore. But I pick up the thing and at least do chords for 30 minutes in the morning. When she is off at work in the evening I spend more time if my hands aren't too sore. I gave up guitar because of my hands - probably I weak excuse at the time, but I still could never do bar chords or cover the neck all the way. I still can barely cover two strings my index finger - and not get 'all four' - so two ping and two are muted when I need to do it - in time, but you can't argue with physics.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
waking down

"Everyday is thanksgiving!" - **** Olatunji
Old 10-10-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
waking down

That's weird. The site censored his first name. It's Ba ba but one word.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

spent a good portion of the day in the 'woods' and took my mando along...

my friend who's land I hunt showed off his new collings guitar - If I had $7000 I could think of better things to spend it on... I tried to pick along but it was the first time trying to keep up... I need to practice
Old 10-10-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hi

Hey all. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.