Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 9

Old 11-29-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Our power is out at the moment. It was a planned outage. I have a little generator, however, and can power up basics in the house: lights, furnace, kettle, computer of course. I need to upgrade the generator to one that has 220 volt option in order to run our water pump. So: it's frosty outside, and very sunny. And nice and cozy inside.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

hope all had a good weekend...
is the power back JR?

I'm fortunate in that my neighbor got a new snowblower a couple years ago. I keep a couple gallons of gas handy and keep it filled.

I had a few smiles as I went through several of 'puppetji' videos. Good stuff.
I was invited to hunt with a couple guys I used to go with every year. I'm gonna do it. This time, no beer or whiskey.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
waking down

Puppetji is wizer than he looks.

Still crazy. Still sober. Still frustrated with work. Still running with scissors. Still chasing my tail. Still getting down to the ever so funky beat.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

a week already since thanksgiving here... 3 weeks till xmas... looks like putting up lights has become an urgent task... yeah...
Old 12-04-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Chanukah this weekend for us Jewish folks My wife is cooking potato latkes and tons of other food. Most Jews don't drink a lot but eating is a big deal. I was Christian most of my life but converted 18 years after marrying a Wonderful Jewish woman. I studied Jewish theology for three years and was on the Board of my Temple. I discovered that I have the same problem with Judaism that I had with Christianity. I am not comfortable being confined to any particular dogma or doctrine. I just seek spiritual fulfillment.

I drink a lot less because of the support of this group. My goal for 2016 is to reach 0. I rarely say much in this forum. So I will sign off and wish all off and wish al of you a happy holiday season, whatever you celebrate, or even if you celebrate nothing in particular.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
waking down

Dogma is like magma.

Hope we hear from you. At this point I admit I kind of log on here out of habit more than anything else, and because I want to check in with this thread. I hope you're not disappearing forever.

I celebrate the changing seasons - solstice. Coming from Catholics and because of the B & B we still do the tree and gifts, but it's all rooted in paganism, anyway, so I ain't no hypocrite or nuthin'!

Hasta luego...
Old 12-04-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you, and everyone else will keep posting through the Festive season Vet

Hiya Zero, LB

D
Old 12-05-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
waking down

My wife finally caved and got a plastic tree. It's already up and trimmed. And I didn't have to do anything!
Old 12-05-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are things with you jackrussell, Actual? TL?

D
Old 12-06-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

went to party last night, didn't take my fizzy water along cause I assumed there would be soft drinks, it was a 'search' to find an old bottle of lemon-lime and then later coke... you'd think I would learn to always take my own drinks. I usually do, but I had confidence that the host would at least have club soda. only tonic water - not for me it reminds me too much of tonic water with something else...
I sang in public sober for the first time last night... an impromptu couple songs with the guys who have been starting to play together. I was "supposed" to bring the mando along... these guys are seasoned pros and I didn't want to embarrass them or myself. but I was TOLD to practice and get 'good' soon, they need a mando player... first time I met the guy playing the bass, he's good, banjo player I've known for years wasn't there... one of the guys places at the national flat picking competitions... I knew most of the people there and got some 'wow' you have a beautiful voice you should sing for a living... they never heard my voice and didn't know that I sang at one time... Some inspiration to get off my ass... I haven't really 'practiced' voice in a loooong time... I guess not bad for winging it...
but I lost an octave or two over the years...

'tis the season,
Happy Chanuka Vet...
I looked in the 'smilies' and didn't find a Minorah, what's up with that Dee?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Hanukkah Day 1.JPG (93.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 12-06-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

no kidding there used to be one, but we lost some stuff in an upgrade.
Google's always there tho

D
Old 12-06-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
waking down

LB, I was nervous as hell my first show sober, but I got used to it pretty quickly. My voice has always been better than my picking, as well. Get down to the funky beat, mando boy!
Old 12-07-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

hope all had a good weekend.
I'm preparing to go away hunting till the end of the week. My pals drink, and they know I don't. Shouldn't be an issue. Wish me luck. Last time I hunted here(there) I bagged an 8 point. And there are trail cam photos of a huge ten walking around the area.
Have a good week all... Vet, this is the last candle I lite for you... you're on your own now.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
day2.gif (13.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-07-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Happy hunting, LB. Happy Chanuka, Vet. Happy gigging, Z.
And Happy coming summer, Dee.
Short days light-wise, here. But mild temps. Just had a wonderful celebration weekend for two kids who turned forty. (One is a kind of adopted nephew). They were born 12 hours apart in different hospitals in the same city. Sibs, really. 20 people sleeping that night under the roof at the house! Lots of grandkids involved. It offered a bit of sobering perspective on time remaining, and how fast we're all traveling forward. Congested rooms of animated people, bonfire, fireworks and sparklers. One city mom reported that her little kid was aghast at the night sky. "They are stars", she explained. Not part of the urban landscape experience for the little guy. So all is well here. Still embracing the struggle, and like Vet, despite my lapses in posting, (and other lapses not related to posting) continue to be very grateful for this group.
Cheers all!
Old 12-07-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Happy Chanukah all celebrating!
Old 12-10-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
how are things with you jackrussell, Actual? TL?

D
Haven't seen anything from Tiger Lili in a long time D.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ActualAlcoholic View Post
Happy Chanukah all celebrating!
Thanks Z. I am now officially FAT from potato latkes and brisket.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Vet69 View Post
Haven't seen anything from Tiger Lili in a long time D.
I know Vet...but hope springs eternal

D
Old 12-10-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
waking down

or Muhv...

Still soldiering on. Having a rough week but staying sober. Be good...
Old 12-11-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I know Vet...but hope springs eternal u h

D
Agreed. This is what we hang on to. I pinged her a while ago but didn't hear back.