Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 3

Old 08-19-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Joining the Class

Originally Posted by ANewDayNYC View Post
Hey guys - I would like to join this class. I will be starting school, and I need to keep myself accountable/have a support group. I know I can get through the program if I stay sober. I want to stay focused and I appreciate the help.
I would like to join the class as well. I am on day 3 and must say I had an unusually vivid dream for me, but no alcohol involved. As far as seeing beer ads etc., my situation with quitting is pretty ironic - I live in a condo building, and there is a big microbrewery, bar, restaurant, downstairs from me, literally - Step off the first floor elevator and can see them brewing thru the lobby window. Might be time to finally move!
Old 08-19-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard hopeful 54
Old 08-19-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hi hopeful.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Welcome to the newcomers 😊

Troy hope you are ok.
Seems like everyone is doing well.

Day 20. Got 3 hours of sleep last night as baby decided she didn't need sleep last night. Having a giant cup of coffee hoping it perks me up! Exhausted. Zzzzz. No plans yet for today. One thing I need to do is print a lot of photos I have saved on my computer so perhaps I will get to that today.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Welcome newcomers and good going to everyone. Gosh so much posting while I was asleep I am not sure I can keep up with you all. Day one of a new life chick chick. I also agree no need to worry what it is you have to post, whatever you have to say is just fine. Someone mentioned vivid dreams, it is apparently pretty common. I am still getting pretty vivid dreams and unfortunately they usually include someone I am trying to forget about so I keep waking up sad. Though on that note I removed pretty much all ways of contacting him for now and as many things that remind me of him as I could. I also sent a long well thought out email that said everything I needed to say and feel a little more peace with the situation than before. I don't feel the need to get a reply from that I am just happy the words are out there.

If I have counted right this would be the dawn of day 12 here.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

ruh roh, the smallest amount of thunder you could imagine is here.

My poor little man. I wish there was something I could do to let him know it's ok, but there isn't anything. My one guy doesn't like thunder either, but can deal with it. Boxer becomes absolutely terrified though. Poor little man. Well, he's not little -- he's about 30kg and will be more than happy to tell you to F off if you're a stranger and get too close to my gate, but nonetheless, on the inside he's a sweet heart.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:36 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Great to see you Troy. Hard to see you properly cause of the big elephant in the room.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Day 4

I've been the same thoughts about quitting my chewing habit....
Two reasons. First, it's unhealthy....
More importantly for us is that it, as you imply, is another secret to maintain. I'm tired of maintaining secrets.
I tossed my last can today and am bracing myself.

Thanks Jonathon and I'm thinking of you today. I already had three cigs. :0(... I agree about the secrets thing for sure and yes, so unhealthy.

Chick, congrats on day 1

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 08-20-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Not going to be hard on you Troy just want to know how things went and how you are. It is good you dropped in at least.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:52 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Just changed my signature... going to make this place my online home... thank you all for being here!
Old 08-20-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
ruh roh, the smallest amount of thunder you could imagine is here.

My poor little man. I wish there was something I could do to let him know it's ok, but there isn't anything. My one guy doesn't like thunder either, but can deal with it. Boxer becomes absolutely terrified though. Poor little man. Well, he's not little -- he's about 30kg and will be more than happy to tell you to F off if you're a stranger and get too close to my gate, but nonetheless, on the inside he's a sweet heart.
so you're doing ok, Troy?
You have a few people here worried about you...

D
Old 08-20-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Holy crap. I cannot go a week without checking in with everyone, its taken me an hour to read through all the posts!!! I'm on DAY 20! Here are some thoughts for everyone - cant recall who said what...

*Mint cucumber water - sounds great but I'm not a mint fan. I love seltzer with lime in a can. Zero calories just carbonated water. If you mix it with a bit of cranberry juice it tastes amazing too.

*Lack of sleep/vivid dreams - These go away and you sleep like a baby every night and wake up at 5:30AM ready to run a marathon (okay maybe not a marathon until you've had some coffee)

*C25K - Awesome idea to focus on health and pick up a new passion. I hate running but realize theres a class at the gym I used to love and need to see if they still have it.

*Best wishes to all and I'll try to check in daily. I'm doing just fine. av pops in a couple times a day and I tell it to stop being stupid and wasting my time.

Good job everyone! If you're here, you are tying, don't give up!
Old 08-20-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Chick chick I'm rooting for you !! Keep posting.
Glad to see your post Troy. Hope you alright man.
Morning day 3 of 4 at work. Ugh.
Sober though
Old 08-20-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
so you're doing ok, Troy?
You have a few people here worried about you...
Yeah, I'm ok. Whiskey is down the sink. I truly thank everyone here for their concern, and not sure how, but I'll make it up to you somehow.

To be honest, I'm totally devastated, but I'll sleep it off to live another day.

I'm a good guy though, you know? I really am. I have a pretty good package going here. I'm good looking, down to earth, intelligent, have an excellent heart, and so on. I'm a good person.

Unfortunately, in this world of ours, you can't just go out and be a good person, because then you just get taken advantage of and thrown under the bus. Trust me, I've tried, many times in various countries. It's all the same.

Anyway, there's something happening on the 26th that has the potential of changing things around for me. We'll see how that goes.

Thank you everyone again for your concern, and I do truly appreciate it. Will ensure to make it back to you in the future somehow.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Good to hear that Troy. We know your a good person. You don't have to make anything up to us. You are doing this for YOU. We just really want to see you succeed.

Huge hugs sweetie.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

On my day 4 . What a night kid didn't sleep well . I woke up at night sweating even though it was cool in a room , had to walk around for a bit to cool down . Vivid stupid dreams . Not the best mood today but I'm feeling positive and feel like having more energy today .
Old 08-20-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wasn't suggesting you owed anyone anything Troy - just that people here worry about others in the group

and...I'm a good guy too - and I can't recall the last time I was thrown under a bus...honestly.

That stopped when I stopped drinking - I got a heck of a lot sharper and wiser...and a ton less cynical. I let go of a lot of resentments and baggage too.

You can too

Nice guys do not have to finish last - and they don't have to throw themselves under buses to stop others doing it either...y'know?
Old 08-20-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

TroyW I am sighing with relief! Good for you! And hey, you don't owe us a thing. We are here for support and encouragement. You have to do the "deal" we are just here in our thoughts. At this point yall know me on s deeper level than most people in my life. "Keep the plug in the jug" (read that on fb I think)
I had a terrible night, cried a lot. From a place side me I didn't know existed. But I've put that behind me and I'm moving on. I struggle for peace and acceptance of myself. Sigh, self discovery and needing people to understand I have a certain way I will let you treat me. Creating boundaries and it's definitely pissing people off. But sorry I will no longer let people who say they love me ever tell me again to "shut the fxxx up" when I say something they don't agree with. Ever again
Old 08-20-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

The healing process can be rough can't it key. Crying is good in a way when I look back there are so many tears I should have cried but my emotions had become so numb and distant. It's hard but good to finally be dealing with it and let the tears flow. So often I wanted to cry but just felt cold and empty.

Just had a thought. So troy you are kind hearted intelligent good looking and about to get rich. We should talk more.;-) Lol just kidding about, thought you could use some humour.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Good to hear you're ok, Troy.-