Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 3

Old 08-26-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Patricia and KeyofC, the other stuff is the problem with me too. Anxiety, panic, obsessive worries, yuck!!! Right there with you. Journaling helped yesterday. This morning I am going to try different things because I am not in a good mental place. Walk, home project, game with kid maybe. My kids are also days away from going back to school, and this has me emotional! How I messed up this summer!😞😞. Ok, I am going to stop right there!! I will think of planting flowers that will bloom next summer when I am in a better place and call someone I have not talked to in a while. Hang in there!! The mental stuff, at least for me, will take longer than the physical unfortunately
Lilly
Old 08-26-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Morning, All. To those struggling with negative feelings, try and take things slowly. Alcohol is probably the cause of those feelings. If you get too overwhelmed with them you will be more likely to drink again (that escape). Being in recovery is really, really hard. If it were easy, we'd all be years sober by now, right?

Hang in there and take things one day at a time. Be kind to yourself - if you're tired, take a nap, if your AV is loud do something to distract yourself, like take a walk or eat ice cream We're all here because we want to be sober. It's not easy, but it will get easier.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Checking in. Day 10 feeling better physically, the pain I had on the right side under ribs is gone . Probably I was treating my body well during this time , took some good supplements and had better sleep . I think energy levels are better as well . Have a great day everyone. Stay strong
Old 08-26-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

I had a big long post but lost it.

Feeling great today. What a difference a week sober makes, imagine how good I'll feel this time next year. :-)

Safe journeys today august class. Stay sober.

Oh boy and I had a half a bag of doritos for breakfast.... gonna have to work on that lol.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

You know what I hate the most about alcoholism? It takes me about 7 days to do what I should generally be able to do within 12 hours. Then detox periods are even worse.

Ugghhh.. just being up to my capable, ambitious level would be amazing.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I hear you troy. Drinking has been my #1 priority for too long. My whole life has been on hold. I'm ready to start living it again.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I am reading and reading ALOT..I am a knowledge seeker..only to be more knowledgeable in my own right, not to be a know it all.

"Keep It Simple.

Addiction messed up our thinking. We forgot things. We had blackouts. We made excuses, and we even started to believe them. We were mixed up. We couldn’t figure things out. We decided to get messed up and forget about it. Now our minds are clear. Keep It Simple. Don’t drink or use other drugs. Go to meetings (if this pertains to you). Work the Steps (if this pertains to you). Be yourself. Ask for help. Trust your Higher Power (if this pertains to you). Two thoughts will always mess us up if we let them in. They are “Yes, but…” and “What if?” Don’t let them in. Keep It Simple.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, thanks for recovery. Help me stay sober and clean today.

Action for the Day: Today, I’ll take one thing at a time and Keep It Simple."

Maybe this can help someone..
Old 08-26-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi there everyone,

I'd like to join one of these groups. I'm only four days sober.. I should probably wait for the September one, yes?
Old 08-26-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in..w
Many seem to be in the same place...myself included. Lots of emotional crap going on. We can do this. Redirect your thinking. Do something different...be grateful. Thinking of you all.

Continue through this sober Wednesday xo
Old 08-26-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJimmy View Post
Hi there everyone,

I'd like to join one of these groups. I'm only four days sober.. I should probably wait for the September one, yes?
Nah..you can join us! Welcome!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Welcome! Day four has always been the most challenging for me. You are off to great start sober jimmy! Hang with us and share your journey.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Day 4 is usually pretty tough for me too.. day 5 is worse.. but I do have hope this time around.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hi Jimmy - welcome to the group.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Thanks Rusty!
Old 08-26-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Hung out with our bass player all last night, so much debauchery. Still clean. dentist tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Welcome to the class SoberJimmy.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

I'm only 6 days jimmy, welcome.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Ok, there we go! Just woke up from a nice good nap after a second solid dinner in a row, and now I'm feeling good. Inflamed lymph nodes are gone. Had two -- one on my neck, another of the top of my right thigh. Or well, 80% gone, but I know will be 100% gone within 2 - 3 days.

The best part though is, my dogs are ecstatic to have me back. I sat down on the floor, and the buggers pushed me on to my back. There's 60kg of them, and 70kg of me, so not hard for them to do. Geez guys, I love you too, but take it easy. Nonetheless, great to know they're happy again, and no longer worried about me. They don't mind drunk me, but they definitely don't like me going through detox.

Anyway, off to work for me. Pretty far behind, so time to play catch up. Thank god I'm extremely good at what I do, plus very trustworthy, and it's tough to replace me, otherwise I'd be really screwed.

I'll check in later, but feeling great here, and hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Ugh. Having a really down day today. Not really wanting to drink so much just depressed.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Evening lovely people
Had a couple of cravings today but ate my way through them. My appetite has returned with avengence and I'm enjoying eating whatever I like with no guilt. I used to try and cut down on my food intake as wine is so fattening. (Ok yes and it killed the buzz) sleeping better now and having vivid dreams. I've made my first appointment with an addictions therapist, it's in 2 weeks. Also have another appointment at the drug/alcohol walk in centre. AA tomorrow, im hoping to fight my fear and ask for a sponsor.
Love this group, stay well everyone