Notices

Class of August 2015 Pt 2

Old 08-14-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DitzyDandelion View Post
Sweaty, tired, sad but really don't fancy a drink.
Ditz,
I'm sorry you not sleeping well !
Also I identify with the description. Hoping we can keep it going !
I'm feeling particularly lonely this morning. My wife missed a promotion at work and has been an absolute depression case. For about 2 weeks. We have the full jobs/kids/debt plate, so we basically just don't talk or spend any time together. She also takes medicine for anxiety that cause her not to have interest in much. It's a bucket of sad, a lot if the time, but she suffers panic attacks something terrible so I guess repressed, withdrawn and non communicative bears out panic attacks. They're a real hell for her. Ive not gone through that so I just hang around like a coat on the wall. Feel like we're wasting our lives, but repeated refusal to goto counselling for it .......ah forget it.
I didn't intend for this post to be depressing.
Everybody's got a pretty damn good excuse to be drunk.
Giving myself a headache just trying to talk about this.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

nah it's not an excuse to be drunk JL. Then it just gets even harder. Sometimes life really hurts but a bottle doesn't stop it hurting. Without the drink thre would be a LOT less hurt now so why would I invite even more suffering to what I have. You need to remember this too. A drunk you will grow apart further from your family and your money worries would get worse and you'd have the feeling bad about it and the depression it brings and the hangovers. I am really sorry to hear you are having a hard time though. It is so hard being lonely when you have someone I have done that too.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates. I'm beginning day 10 feeling great. Feeling great first thing in the morning has been the norm for the last few days. But for some reason later on in the day the "feel good" seems to wear off.

Part of the healing process I guess. Dunno'?
Old 08-14-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we're all different beerbgone.

Do you do anything especially tiring or taxing in the mornings?

D
Old 08-14-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

I am the opposite beer. Horrid feeling in the morning that eases up a touch by the end of the day. They keep telling us it gets better and they should know. We just have to hold in there.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Good morning everyone. Day 13.

I managed to get more done yesterday than I thought I would. I am also the opposite of beerbgone -- I feel a little down in the morning and then pick up later.

Had a dream about drinking last night. It did not make me feel good -- it just made me remember all the pain and regrets that come later.

Another headache this morning, but nothing as bad as my hangover headaches used to be.

Thank you all for being there.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Good morning classmates. I'm beginning day 10 feeling great. Feeling great first thing in the morning has been the norm for the last few days. But for some reason later on in the day the "feel good" seems to wear off.

Part of the healing process I guess. Dunno'?
Day 10 for me too and I feel exactly the same, in the mornings I feel great, but then as it nears time to go home from work, I start thinking about having a drink, I end up going home cooking tea for the family and taking myself off to my bedroom to be alone and hopefully sleep the cravings away, finding the evenings really hard, and tonight is a first meal out where everyone will be drinking, feeling apprehensive. we have to keep strong and we will make it!
Old 08-14-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

I am the opposite beer. Horrid feeling in the morning that eases up a touch by the end of the day. They keep telling us it gets better and they should know. We just have to hold in there.
Oh it most definitely gets better! I still remember my first and second and third days. I think I was near death!

I really didn't mean to sound like I was complaining. Even in the afternoons when my "feel good" wears off a bit I'm still 1000% better than those first few days.

Dee: I'm not doing anything physically strenuous. I work on the computer all day so I guess it could be mental fatigue! Dunno'!

But basically I'm ok and really glad to be here and sober for 10 days!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think fatigue is pretty common - but it will improve BBG

D
Old 08-14-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

I'm still crying a lot but I guess it will pass. Why would I even want someone who can lie and cheat so easily.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Something I realized is at the family thing they did not even have wine in. Some beers and Becky had G&T something I never drank. Not sure if it is coincidence or if they chose to not be having my usual tipple.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=beerbgone;5510610 Feeling great first thing in the morning has been the norm for the last few days. But for some reason later on in the day the "feel good" seems to wear off.

Too true...if it could be morning all day life would be so much easier!
Day 6 for me and I really am not looking forward to the weekend.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

I'm still crying a lot but I guess it will pass. Why would I even want someone who can lie and cheat so easily.
Some of the crying is due to the sobriety. Of course the other is due to this issue. Been there, know how you feel. Cheating happens because of underlying issues. Like our drinking happens because of other reasons and issues. Cheating is a product of something else. Usually it's not physical even though lots of times it ends up that way. Again this is my own personal experience of dealing with it. I certainly don't hold all the answers only offering my opinion and maybe it will give some insight or a different angle you haven't explored. It hurts and hurts like hell, but if you really want to save it, you can. I am doing it now. I will pray for strength and understanding. You have a lot on your plate.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Apparently sobriety is changing me. Just went down to a local shop to get some cigs and coffee for the morning. The shop is owned by a wife and husband -- the husband is really easy going, and could care less if I'm buying whiskey or not. The wife on the other hand is the total opposite, and at times I could tell would prefer to not even serve me due to the fact I was buying whiskey, but decided it was easier just to serve me versus creating a scene.

Tonight though it was obvious she really warmed up to me, and was beginning to respect me as a human, instead of looking down on me. Extremely small little thing, but nonetheless, was enough to put a smile on this guy's face.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Ok so it's date night tonight and we are booked in at a restaurant which is miles away so I have to drive. Until now I was focused on staying sober and feeling confident about it but my AV is saying "stay the night or you could leave the car there and get the train back"

Not going is an option but I fear staying in is a bigger concern as this is our usual habbit of sofa and wine.

I booked the restaurant as a way of saying look at all the things we are missing out on because we drink alone in the house - we need to start living in the real world.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Applejack--instead why don't you look at tonight as "I can't drink at dinner because I have a long drive home"?

Good luck and enjoy your dinner.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

day 5...i've stayed busy this week. yesterday morning i didn't have anything planned to do so drinking crossed my mind. but thankfully i got bombarded with orders, more than i've had in a day for a long time. so kept me busy until about 10pm. slept very good last night, didn't want to get up. hopefully i will sleep as well tonight & stay in bed until i really want to get up tomorrow since it's saturday. feel kinda pathetic feeling achy just from being as active as a normal person this week. i have actually taken a couple walks around the neighborhood - the other night at 10pm & this morning - haven't done that in years. kinda dreading the weekend because i think boredom is 1 of the reasons i drink.

truth is, i live a boring solitary life. no kids & too old to ever have any, no close friends, just a s/o. no close family. self employed so i don't work the normal 8-5. at least the drinking w/ friends & family in public isn't something i have to worry about sad, i know...
Old 08-14-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Im on my own too mostly though do see the odd friend and family. 90% sat on my tootles though. I'm not used to it yet at all. Boredom is certainly an issue but I could do without the kind of 'excitement' a few drinks brings.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Well I'm in exactly the same situation. I haven't had a problem yet but I can see into the future and I think being alone to my own devices everyday will be a problem. I've been thinking about it but haven't come up with a solution yet!
Old 08-14-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

It's all down to us beer. No one is going to stop us unless we stop ourselves. I guess we just have to remember to drop in here. I nearly did when i messed up on day 10 before. Got to the corner, walked a short way back home, then just went.