Notices

Class of August 2015 Pt 2

Old 08-13-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Hey DD, nice job staying sober during your get together. You mentioned you missed it a little. What in particular did you miss? Getting sloshed and making a mess? Or the thought that "having a drink or two would be relaxing/nice/etc"? If you had drank, would it really only have been one or two? How would you have felt afterward? Probably pretty upset with yourself.

But instead you didn't drink, and you can feel good about that and post it here. Be careful of those "I wish I could drink/I miss it " feelings, bc that is your AV talking. Something to be aware of! Don't give that thing the time of day. Again, great job making it through 😀
Old 08-13-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone

Hope you'll have me.

I'm on Day 2. Started off in Class January 2015 then lost it after 52 days. All was well then, I hadn't heard of the 'pink cloud' till then.

Much better now due to SR. but I need to be totally free of this evil.

Got a plan and not beat myself up for my previous failing.

Yesterday was Day 1, by mid afternoon I felt disoriented but I know now from previous experience that my body was craving the sugar from alcohol. I also know it'll be gone in 7 days. Looking forward to it. Late evening AV was really strong, almost thought I was going to cave in but had a cup of tea watched a movie and all was good. Shows that an urge is only temporary.

Started reading all the posts and lots of you are so much ahead of me. I'll try and keep up and post everyday.

Havagooday Everyone
JS
Old 08-13-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Originally Posted by Rio97 View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I just went on a store run. I got half way there and turned around came home. Went for a walk. It's getting real
Well done Rio.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

I'm not gonna lie, I just went on a store run. I got half way there and turned around came home. Went for a walk. It's getting real
Lol Rio !
I've made some circles in the store parking lot before !
Welcome Nerina , Ditching -
Cravings so bad, but I've been expecting this. Feel better reading posts. Bad workday. Gonna go home take something to out me to sleep and eat something yummy. Play with the kids til I conk out. That beat down feeling is not gonna get me today d--n it !
I'll post later after I get past the store on the way home.
God why are we like this ?!
Old 08-13-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

AV is swirling around saying see, last night you drank a little wine socially, you didnt want more, it complimented your meal, you didnt get drunk, you had.no hangover, so come on, get that mini bottle on the way home, I wont tell. Oh sure AV, I will drink that mini bottle then drive back to store for a full bottle just to make you happy. Any opportunity to slide in AV will try.... that a**hat! I had no bottles to sneak to recycle can this week and told AV I wont next week either so take his codswallup(hope thats correct usage of that word) and eff off!

Okay, whew.. .. Thanks for the vent everyone. Publicly telling AV what a jerk he is in this forum really works for me. When I dont acknowledge AV here I get in trouble.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Hello, man Im glad yesterday is over, Hangovers suck! And all the self loathing sucks too.

Just a quick check in. I'm staying sober today.
Yes for 24 more BBF!
Old 08-13-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

I'm going to vent too. I'm really frustrated with AA. I won't get into why, but I don't feel relief when I go, just further frustration. Something's wrong. I have a counseling session tomorrow, I'm going to dump it all out there. Meanwhile, trying not to drink, though I still want to. Argh!
Old 08-13-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

[QUOTE="JL2014;5509864"]

Lol Rio !
I've made some circles in the store parking lot before !
Welcome Nerina , Ditching -
Cravings so bad, but I've been expecting this. Feel better reading posts. Bad workday. Gonna go home take something to out me to sleep and eat something yummy. Play with the kids til I conk out. That beat down feeling is not gonna get me today d--n it !
I'll post later after I get past the store on the way home.
God why are we like this ?![/QUOT

JL, hang with me man! Your AV is a bastard, preys on your stress at providing for your family, dont listen to that idiot
Old 08-13-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Welcome James, you did 52 days, thats great and means you can do it again! Happy to have you!

Rio, great job turning around in parking lot. Ditching, welcome!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Sadie, way to recognize the AV. Mine has said similar things over and over through the years. And I know what always happens - that one drink isn't enough so I go back to the store for more (while possibly over the DUI limit). No thank you to that!

Welcome to all who have joined. The plan is to not drink today. Then we can move on from there one day stronger.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Way to tell that AV off Sadie. I like that. I'm trying to do the same, he is a stubborn mule
Old 08-13-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

I haven't been on for awhile because I'm pretty embarassed about all these slips and then I had another last night I sonetimes wonder if my posts are just getting too redundant and possibly doing more harm than good. Anyway, I'm going to a womens meeting that will be outdoors. I'm pretty excited and there's two weekly womens meetings where I live now.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back James

I think of the AV like a toddler or a puppy - you can't reason with it - you just need to 'crate it', or send them to their room.

The more you engage in dialogue with the AV the more traction it has to beguile us.

NO is a complete sentence.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

I don't need to argue with AV at the moment anyway. As my head is clearing and of course you know I am working a lot over in my mind, more and more bad drinking memories are rising back up to the surface. I know I need to be ready for when AV does really kick in but for now a lot of things are coming into very sharp focus. They arent pretty but they sure do make a drink sound like a really ugly idea.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

I'm going to vent too. I'm really frustrated with AA. I won't get into why, but I don't feel relief when I go, just further frustration. Something's wrong. I have a counseling session tomorrow, I'm going to dump it all out there. Meanwhile, trying not to drink, though I still want to. Argh!
Like you Rio, I have alot of frustration toward AA but there must be a reason I keep going back to the mtgs. I do enjoy alot of the stuff that's said and the instant-friends aspect of it. 90% percent of the people in my life that are trustworthy, reliable and will be there for me in a bind are those in AA. And sometimes the coffee is pretty great. There's a birthday meeting that serves gourmet cake. I guess there's no harm in going just for the coffee and cake and listening to a bunch of people who have been there, or that's what I'm telling myself. Oh and FABULOUS job on turning around before you made that mistake. That's very inspiring and I hope you're going to treat yourself with something nice and non-alcoholic!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nerina View Post
I just poured down the rest of the wine down the sink.
I can't keep living like this. I feel so useless..
Welcome Nerina and Ditchingthewine... I couldn't have said it any better myself. I just did that very thing and said those very words this morning after several of those. Let's make this the last!
Old 08-13-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I have only been to a few AA meetings and one was pretty lousy but the others were ok. A guy told me to just listen and take what you can and basically I do. I usually find a few people who say things that I can relate to. The last meeting two people talked about how much they hated AA at first. I mean they hated it. But they hung in there and realized it kept them sober. So I figure at the very least I try to stay sober until my next meeting. I'm not thrilled with them, but if it keeps me from drinking I'll go
Old 08-13-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I have family in AA, in this town. I don't like them. It ruins AA for me. Otherwise I think I could get a lot out of it. I know I've complained about this, and it probably sounds lame, but it's a big issue for me.

Meanwhile, I fell off. I went back to the store and didn't turn around this time. I won't be back tonight. Hopefully tomorrow. Thx for the posts
Old 08-13-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Andy here again.

hi guys its day 4 on my journey to quit for good this year, I've gotten up to 90 and 80 days before, i just wanted to share a technique thats worked quite nicely for me, instead of thinking how you would spend an occasion like a birthday or New Years eve without alcohol just remember all the times you've enjoyed these occasions when you were not drinking!! (Like when you were a kid or a teenager) im 27 and I started drinking when I was 21 so I have loads of memories of me not drinking at such events and just enjoying the atmosphere!! Also I don't know why but I think I'll enjoy these occasions more when I actually remember them(I usually blacked out within 3 hours of starting to drink) ! Or when I see other people drinking and making a fool out of themselves and not me!!
Say cheers to being high on life!!
Old 08-13-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Thank you all !!!!!!!
Got here, calmed down,
Eating crackers and corned beef hash as a dip.
Absolutely terrible for you, but it was a MRE. Staple when I was in the USMC, way way back in the day ! Lol
Thankful to be sober right now, you have no idea !!