Old 08-22-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Old 08-24-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
How is everyone doing?

My sleep patterns are shot just lately. My car needs some attention and i don't know if it's beyond economic repair or not. I'll know for sure in a week or so but in the mean time I'm waking up in the early hours then struggle to get back to sleep through thinking about it. Stupid really. Even if it were something I could do something about, which it's not-all the necessary calls and appointments are already made, there's very little I can do at 2am isn't there?

It's a long day from 6am-9pm as sole carer of 3 little ones 6 years and under, even with undisturbed sleep. Factor in waking up at 2am and 4am and being unable to get back to sleep for almost an hour each time and you have one cranky momma.

Just venting guys. I just need 7 undisturbed hours and I'll be right as rain.

Hope my fellow marchers are doing well.
I know that feeling. Something like that gnaws at you to the point that you're dreaming about it. Then you wake up and worry about it. Next thing ya know, it's time to get out of bed and start your day. It's a vicious cycle.

Just take a few deep breaths and remind yourself that you're doing all that you can. Some things are only partially in your control and those are usually the ones that dig into you a little. But, you can only do so much. And who doesn't need to vent a little every now and then anyway?
Old 08-24-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Thank you spirit. I had a long post all prepared and 'poof' it vanished. Never mind.

My car is in for repair with my cousin who's in the motor trade. I know he's not going to rip me off so I'm happy to give him my business. He even lent me a courtesy car until mine is ready. I'm collecting it later today.

I slept so much better last night knowing my car is safe and road legal. It's old and a bit rusty (and doesn't have power steering which makes parking uh, interesting lol) but it represents my independence and I don't feel comfortable without that. I'm lucky that I have active, retired parents who would do anything for me and the kids but I hate having to rely on anyone else for things. Thank goodness I'm back on the road!

How are my fellow marchers?
Old 08-25-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi guys sorry for not replying to the support you gave me!! I'm still here and still sober, the icky feelings passed after a walk and getting stuck into some distracting work.

I'm still good, just crazy busy with new uni applications and work stuff yikes. Hope you're all well I'll check back again soon
Old 08-26-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

I can't believe how much fun I am having doing chores. An unexpected benefit! Thanks for the support.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi guys, just checking in with everyone. Hope you are all doing well.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Hi guys sorry for not replying to the support you gave me!! I'm still here and still sober, the icky feelings passed after a walk and getting stuck into some distracting work.

I'm still good, just crazy busy with new uni applications and work stuff yikes. Hope you're all well I'll check back again soon
That's all right immri. You're living life. Enjoy it! Thanks for checking in!
Old 08-27-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
I can't believe how much fun I am having doing chores. An unexpected benefit! Thanks for the support.
You're more than welcome Mel! I'm glad things are going well for you. Hope to hear from you again soon.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by secretary View Post
Hi guys, just checking in with everyone. Hope you are all doing well.
Hi secretary! I can't speak for everyone here but for me, things have been crazy lately.

I'm finally feeling better physically and mentally. Still a little burnt out but, I think that's got a lot to do with outside stimuli.

Life is a whirlwind lately. I'm barely a month into my new job, which I enjoy. I'm hot on the trail of purchasing a home, which seems to be moving at a snail's pace. My wife's grandfather is very I'll and so her whole family is at war with each other. My kids just started back to school in a whole new state. Found out today that my old job messed up my last check from them and their finance department is an absolute PAIN when it comes to fixing that kinda stuff. *heavy sigh*

BUT, I have my sobriety. I have a loving wife and kids who support me, 100%. And I keep reminding myself of why it is exactly that I only see one set of footprints in the sand.

Hope everyone else is fairing well.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
Hi secretary! I can't speak for everyone here but for me, things have been crazy lately.

I'm finally feeling better physically and mentally. Still a little burnt out but, I think that's got a lot to do with outside stimuli.

Life is a whirlwind lately. I'm barely a month into my new job, which I enjoy. I'm hot on the trail of purchasing a home, which seems to be moving at a snail's pace. My wife's grandfather is very I'll and so her whole family is at war with each other. My kids just started back to school in a whole new state. Found out today that my old job messed up my last check from them and their finance department is an absolute PAIN when it comes to fixing that kinda stuff. *heavy sigh*

BUT, I have my sobriety. I have a loving wife and kids who support me, 100%. And I keep reminding myself of why it is exactly that I only see one set of footprints in the sand.

Hope everyone else is fairing well.
You sure do have a loaded plate! But dealing it with sober is probably a lot easier than you thought! I hope your kids adjust well to the new school, I know it's hardest on them when you have to move.

Stay strong my friend!
Old 08-28-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by secretary View Post

You sure do have a loaded plate! But dealing it with sober is probably a lot easier than you thought! I hope your kids adjust well to the new school, I know it's hardest on them when you have to move.

Stay strong my friend!
To be honest secretary, as rough as it seems at times, I feel pretty confident. I mean of course there are moments when I feel a little weak and slightly thirsty. But overall, I'm dealing with it pretty well. I'm trying to be the best and strongest rock that I can for my family.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry it's been a while since a check in guys - always stuff to do here. Hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 08-30-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

This is really a rough time for me right now. My husband and I are contemplating divorce. I haven't lived on my own for 30+ years. We haven't been happy in years so it shouldn't come as a surprise to me and yet it does and I cry a lot. My emotions are running wild and it would be heavenly to stifle them with a few drinks. This is the first time I really thought about going to AA but I am still so fearful of doing that.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
love is the answer

((((Secretary)))) Separation and divorce is a horrible thing emotionally. Please don't drink over it. AA sounds like a very good idea right now. Would seeing a counsellor be an option for you too?

My thoughts are with you my friend. ♡

Last edited by mystified; 08-30-2015 at 10:53 PM. Reason: typos
Old 08-30-2015, 11:25 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your pain secretary but I agree - don't give into the easy fix...it won't actually fix anything, and may make you feel much worse.

If the worse does happen, try and not get carried away with the what ifs too...I've had several long term relationships break up and despite my fears I've always eventually ended up in a better place.

and..we're always here - we have your back

D
Old 08-31-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee and Mystified, I have started to see a therapist which has been very helpful in my journey. I guess after being married for so long I can't see what the future would like as a single person and of course I am not taking it one day at a time but visualizing the rest of my life in a lump. I do believe this is the reason I stopped drinking, I was so unhappy in my marriage and hiding in the bottle to ignore it. I didn't want to make a major life decision drunk or with a hangover. I'm looking at 6 months sober on Sept 5th which I'm pretty proud of. Fear and anxiety have overtaken my body again but this time it's not the alcohol but real life. I think if I could I would see my therapist 5 days a week.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:22 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
love is the answer

6 months sober is an awesome achievement. And you did it one day at a time for yourself and by yourself (with a little help from your friends right?).

I remember you posting a while back asking if it was possible to start all over again so I know this has been on your mind for a while. I can only relate my own experience which doesn't mirror yours - I was married to an abusive partner for 7 years (no children) before I realised nothing I did would ever make him happy so I decided to work out what would make ME happy and go do that instead. It didn't take long to find out that my being happy did not involve him. I was looking forward to a single life and getting to know myself better. It didn't work out that way for me but for all the right reasons.

I guess I'm trying to say that your happiness is vital and while you're feeling raw and emotional and likely sad over the state of your marriage YOU are important.

Sending you love and strength my friend.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thank you mystified for sharing your story. my husband was just emotionally abusive, cold and withdrawn, but never physically abusive, that must have been so hard for you to go through. I'm finding out that going through this process I can't really count on anyone but me and, like you said, I have to do what makes ME happy, not my kids (all grown) nor my husband.

Sad story, I finally got up the nerve to attend an AA meeting last night and the times they posted online were incorrect so the meeting was already going on when I went in and there was no one to ask, so I just left. I sat in my car and cried.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

for future reference, as a newcomer, you can walk in any time Secretary.

Are you going to try it again?

D
Old 09-01-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Yes love, do try again.