Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 43

Old 09-07-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good afternoon and Happy Labor Day, Marchers! I've read all your posts and thinking of you all through our struggles, changes, travels and smiles.

Ken, I can see the turnpike from my window. I'm not sure if I'll be here on the 30th, but if I am, I'd love to meet up. I've lived up there in Tennessee. Its really a pretty landscape. So glad you made the choice that brings you peace, and you are going for it! You will have winter. Just sayin...

Toots- I want to be there, you have fantastic descriptions and pics.

Ok, guys... After summer preparations, I've begun my training as a Yoga instructor. My plan is to teach adults and children, specifically children with disabilities. It will be an intense 3 months to get certified for the first part. If any of ya'll want to be my guinea pigs, let me know. And if you thought I was twisted before this, get ready!!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Gilmer, wow I know it will work out sooner or later. It's a fine lime between being giving and stretched because it's an experience to grow in, and just not the best situation for you. I hope it's the first., but if it's the second you are strong and can do what you need.

Budd I hear you! I now have less stuff than I did when I moved out here, but that's about to change when we merge houses. Streamlining is a pain but it feels great when done!!

Toots your trip sounds lovely!! That G town you visited looks awful familiar for some reason... Lol

Marcher, you're really making a hat?!?! Wow thank you! That totally brightened my day!!

Had a really awesome trip. Got back last night. Caught some sleep and about feel human. Lots of travel stories to bore you with later

Today is the 30th anniversary of my moms death. Time does not heal all wounds. Even after hard work and recovery, sometimes things just hit and hurt anyhow, I'm a bit weepy today. I just miss having a parent. Ive been telling myself for months that 30 isn't really more significant than 29, but my heart didn't listen. I just can't help being really sad right now. I knowi just need to feel it and let it be.

I'm grateful that it's sadness and not self pity. I'm grateful that I can feel it without running away. I'm grateful that I don't want to drink over it.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

(((WeHav)))! Thinking of you and sending strength.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a chilly Paradise after a day out of summer yesterday. We have a couple of weeks without our trusty off-sider in the shop so I'm feeling a little anxious about how Mr Marcher will cope but at the same time I'm trying not to borrow trouble.

Joy how exciting that you are going to be a yoga instructor! Tell us what's involved in the training and how can we get you to practice on us?

We I'm glad to hear you are safely home. I knitted a good inch on your beanie until I realised last night that when I joined the stitches I hadn't untwisted them, they were all rolled around the needle. So I'll make a new start this evening.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Budd I did a lot of clearing out last year when it looked like we were coming stateside for a couple of years. We have moved around a lot so I hadn't expected so much clutter, but there you go. If there is a space I will fill it with crap... And our big house has a lot of space!

JG that's great, I know you will be awesome as a yoga teacher and I think it suits you down to the ground ( and back up again!!)

Marcher, open late and close early if needs be to ensure you both get time to relax.

Sass, Gilmer, I am excited you are soon to have your rescheduled meet up!

Hugs everyone, breakfast then a day at the beach again..... Slathered in factor 50 of course!!
Old 09-08-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

We, I forgot to give you a hug sweetie. xxx
Old 09-08-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Yes, Toots :-). Next week it is, fingers crossed!
Old 09-08-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning Marchers!
Huge hug to you, Wehav. You're mother is beautiful! Thinking of you.

Toots, Life's a beach, huh? All you do is beach, beach, beach... Ok, I'm done.

Marcher, my particular yoga style is called Yin. I will guide you into a pose, after which time you will stay, for about 3-5 minutes. Or longer... It will turn you into Gumby. You will love it! You can knit a beanie in some poses... )))
Old 09-08-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Wow, Joy! If I can knit a beanie while doing yoga, I'm in - will travel to you (never knit a beanie before!).
Old 09-08-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Marcher

Haa! Sassy, Yoga truly is a miracle... I've never knit a beanie either. But who's to say we can't? Love you!
Old 09-08-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

So very nice to see you back here, Joy :-)
Old 09-08-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a sunny Paradise with springtime temperatures coming later in the week.

We your hat is on the needles untwisted and Joy I'm looking forward to getting into a twist with you.

Where is Trachy? I haven't seen him around for a few days, I hope he's doing ok.

Good advice Toots re the closing, I have Mr Marcher working as .7 at the moment so hopefully that will work for him.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I haven't seen Trachy, our turtle of few words, recently either.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

That's 'cause he's been at the beach!

Five days on the Gulf of Mexico. Eating seafood twice a day, golfing, snorkeling, beach walking, nature trail hiking...in other words: living large!

First real vacation in a decade.I was there with my parents and one of my sisters. So, I left everything of normal life behind and immersed myself in the experience. It was epic.

Sounds like y'all are having fun.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in, Trachy!

I'm happy to hear you had a vacation, yea :-)
Old 09-08-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hey joy, I didn't ignore your post we must have crossed. Congrats on the yin! That yin yoga stuff seems to be going around...

Marcher sorry you got twisted . Thank you for the beanie!! When the time comes, I think I'll give you a different address. We've had a little trouble with things getting to the house. I hope you have a lovely spring!

Trachy, your vacay sounds perfect!!

Thanks for the hugs everybody. I really needed it. Sometimes crap you thought you dealt with pretty well blindsides ya and you just need a weepy day. I got through it, dusted myself off a bit and went on. Now it's back to trying to be a person she would have been proud of. Crap now I'm weepy again. It'll be ok.

England was awesome. We had a great time. J's mum is lovely, her 77 year old aunt totally welcomed me to the family, even her super Yorkshire dude (like that toots? husband was really nice and kept smiling at me. And calling me one of the family. J's brother didn't even cause any drama.

We hiked up fells , down into valleys, admired lakes. We inadvertently did "the literature tour of northern England" lol. (I wanted to stop at Wordsworth's cottage on way to lakes. Our wedding present from friends was a night in Howarth, of Bronte fame) I only know about the Bronte family because I looked them up after being told that's what Howarth is all about. The only semblance of an excuse I have is that I was a biology major and didn't have a whole lot of spare time to read literature in college. That and I always kind of stayed away from romantic literature because I can't stand page long sentences. Lol.

Howarth was really cool though, we loved it! J was conflicted when the girls gave us this present, because she goes home to see mum and didn't want to leave her. So we got her a room next to us. Of course I had to refer to this as our "mummy moon," which earned me a smack from mum every time.

I had been planning to take me to the coast, 'cause I'm a water baby and it was my third trip to England. I was gonna go nuts if I didn't see the see from somewhere on that island! at dinner in Howarth, we decided to go for it and head to Whitby in the morning. Whitby was awesome! Beautiful town, great coast, and even better: whitby jet. What's not to love about a coastal town that also has some geological significance?? Then we drove over to robin hoods bay. J's 83 year old mum walked down this super steep narrow road to the bottom where the beach is, then walked back up with us! She is a rockstar. Best mummymoon ever.

So yes, it was a lovely, lovely time. I had a ping of worry that my sadness yesterday would "undo" that lovely experience. Thankfully, my mind doesn't really work that way anymore. I can take things as they come a little better. So back to thinking about the wonderful trip.

Have a lovely night, folks!!
Old 09-08-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I just wanted to come in here and say hi.

I'm from the March 2014 class and sadly, there's not many of us still around in there so I saw someone suggest we come here instead. I'll probably lurk for a while and start reading through your posts so I can get aquanted with you all, if that's okay.

Anyways, I hope my American brethren had a safe and happy holiday weekend and that everyone in general is doing well. <smiles>
Old 09-08-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Marcher Arry, always someone here to fill your coffee cup and offer a bran muffin.
Joy girl is taking a yoga class soon in the exercise room, apparently you can twist yourself into a pretzel whilst knitting a beanie.

JG can I leant piano whilst doing Yin? Always wanted to learn piano....

We, sounds like a great holiday, Whitby is wonderful did you have some fish and chips??

Tracey, glad my turtle friend made it to the beach! Was this the sister with the junkie hubby? How is she doing? Did she buy the house? What happened with hubby?

Marcher, I know your regulars would understand if you opened shorter hours. Do you have a website you could out a message on? You both have been through a lot in recent months it's important not to over do it.

Well, it's our last day here, I'm kinda sad as its so nice to get some real sunshine and warmth, I do miss that where we live, but also its nice to get home.

Hugs fellow Marchers
Old 09-08-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aary

D
Old 09-09-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Toots, this was the other sister, the one that works too much. We played like little kids. Went snorkeling for shells, hiking for wildlife.

The other sister couldn't come as she did buy the house and was moving. Taking junkie with her like baggage. I'm hoping she has a plan. Like: "New landscaping is a great place to hide evidence!"

Hi Aarry! I think biminiblue checks in with us every now and then, too. Welcome!