Notices

Class of August 2015

Old 08-08-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Checking in for August 8th. Hang tough folks
Old 08-08-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I made it through last night without any booze and I owe so much of it to you all here. I'm so grateful for SR and for being on day 8 of my sobriety.
I'm still craving like crazy, but I'm trying to keep busy. Saturdays are tough because I'm on my own at home. Prime time to down a bunch of whiskey, have feelings about the past and sleep.
I hope everyone hangs in there and makes it through the day. We can do this!
Old 08-08-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

I made a post about Facebook locking my account that caused me distress and how I thought: beer! Well the next day the unlocked which made me happy and I thought: beer!

Today I had a little bout of depression and I thought: beer!

Let's me know I'm a long way from being outta' the woods and I believe emotions are something I'm really gonna' have to watch out for.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 8 for me. Well done everyone sticking this out. I must say surprised myself today by having some thoughts like maybe I could drink a couple. I mean I could drink a couple now. But I would be antsy and twitchy and want more so there is no point. I'm dealing with these thoughts by firmly reminding myself of the numerous times I have let people down. Made a show if myself etc. It's working. Now kids are just in bed and I have a new book to start and going to have some tea and chocolate.
I did a 2 hour walk today also which I'm pretty pleased with. Seem to be finding more time to take care of myself.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeanSkillet View Post
Hang in there, guys! I'm trucking along on day 4. I'm hopeful that I will have a great weekend without booze.

School starts on Monday (I'm a teacher). It can be really stressful at times, which is a big trigger, but I think getting back into the routine will be helpful for me.

I really enjoy reading all these posts, even the ones that don't say much Keep it going.
BeanSkillet, I was in July 2015 class and there are a LOT of teachers in that class. tough job! Hang in there!

August classmates, I'm really struggling today. Had a counsellor appt Wednesday... I think it's going to help me but opening up to extent of my drinking is hard and the referral to psychiatrist is frightening, although I will do it. Been shaky and craving since then. Mid day Saturday while husband takes his ritual weekend nap (damn nappers, I'm so jealous of them!!) is prime time for me to drive to store, buy wine and drink, then stash evidence. Arrrg. Going to eat something now. HALT is telling me hungry and maybe that will shut up AV.

Lilly, retread, merry, shg, rio, bbg doing great!
Old 08-08-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

I see a few strugglers, I've been ruffled myself. I went to an AA meeting and ran into a few people who know my family member who goes to meetings there. They don't come out and say it, but it's clear they've been told some things about me, which I don't know are true or not. Creates a weird vibe. Needless to say, I'm not happy about it. This is nothing new and has ran me out of AA before, and it's nothing I've never tried to deal with already by drinking. But, I'm not gonna lie, the thought of a drink did cross my mind. So I'm hangin out here for a while to calm my nerves.

Keep it up folks, there's nothing were going thru a drink won't make worse. That's what I'm telling myself anyway
Old 08-08-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Exactly Rio. There's not usually many solutions found at the bottom of a bottle. Only pain and misery.

Could use a drink myself, but won't. Started getting blamed for other people's mistakes at work, and getting berated, so I just fired the client. Hell with him. Made me feel a little better at least.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

sounds like everyone is chugging along..Keep posting and just dont drink!
Old 08-08-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Staying active has been helping me not to think about drinking. I have also gotten so much more done!! Stay strong people!!😃😃
Lilly
Old 08-08-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

I can't believe with all the hell I went through my first 4 days that my AV has raised his ugly head on day 5. I knew it would happen sooner or later. But so soon?
Old 08-08-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

BBG, I think you are lucky to get to day 5 without strong AV wars! Hope you win this battle. But don't give in without a huge fight... Bring your weapons. Here's one I read recently: go brush your teeth. Ha! It helped me once!
Old 08-08-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Stay sober, everyone. Rio97, maybe try a different AA meeting. The one I went to last night wasn't so hot. I think two people were going out to a bar after. I was thinking to myself afterwards are you kidding me? I told you I was on day 5. I'll try another meeting
Old 08-08-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sascha

Yeah the AV is persistent, and right now it might seem like it will never go away...but it does

it gets a lot less insistent and we get a whole lot better at cutting it down

there is light at the end of the tunnel, guys - keep moving forward

Old 08-08-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

I figured out the problem. I was hungry! Didn't even realize until I fixed some supper and started eating. When I drank I didn't eat much. So when I got so hungry AV thought it was his turn! LOL
Old 08-08-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

My AV looks a bit like Gossamer from Bugs Bunny. A ruthless bad guy and impossible to vanquish, My AV is my mortal enemy. He lives on my back and shoulders, patiently waiting for me to get lazy in my recovery so he can carry out his prime directive of convincing me to drink alcohol. When given the opportunity he gets obnoxious and loud. When I let my guard down he grows into a huge, disgusting, hair-ball-monster. He throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants and then resorts to whispering almost imperceptibly in an attempt to sabotage My Sobriety. When I am mindful and paying attention he shrinks until he is a microscopic dot without a voice.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Starting over

I 'dropped out' of the last class I was in and then pretty gave up on trying to quit about a month ago. Someone recommended that I might just 'embrace' the fact that I like to drink and live with it. My AV loved hearing that! So that helped things along a bit.
Then last night I drank and acted out really really scary and now I want to quit and stay quit more than ever. I never wanted Alcoholism to be the main subject of my life story but here it is.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Hey folks. Day winding down, time to stay vigilant. Just got angry at my sister during a phone call, I need to avoid her for a while. This is usually when I reach for a drink, to sooth my frayed, irritated nerves. Well, not this time.

Hope everyone has a good night. The weekend's half way over.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I figured out the problem. I was hungry! Didn't even realize until I fixed some supper and started eating. When I drank I didn't eat much. So when I got so hungry AV thought it was his turn! LOL
AV feeds on BHALT . Bored, hungry, angry or anxious, lonely, tired.? ? I ate mine away today too BBG. Bookmaven, my AV looks like a Harry Potter Dementor. Evil creatures, all . I most despise when they whisper!

I don't know if counting days has been working for me.. I get hung up on last Day whatever it was... sucked or I relapsed ,, or tonight expect a nightmare or this is the day I got depressed, etc. and may self sabotage. So I'm going to start with counting down weeks, more like a stretch goal.

Off to feed my ferals, then counting down a sober Saturday, YES!
Old 08-08-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's never too late to write a different ending to your story Soberella

Welcome back

D
Old 08-08-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Rio - don't give up on AA and especially don't give up on your sister. I can relate to both... Especially the sister getting under your nerves.

Olivia