Notices

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part 2

Old 08-25-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Could it be a combination of the lack of calories from booze too?
Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
Frank , Stopping alcohol will make you lose weight ,I'm sure you know that ?
I was losing weight during my previous sobriety, during my relapse, and after my my new sobriety. Doc can't figure it out, figures it must be depression, except my depression is lifting and still can't force myself to eat.

Geez, I hate my whining.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
Did you hear that experimental psychologists are now using lawyers to test their theories instead of rats? Apparently, the psychologists don't get so attached to the lawyers, and there are some things even a rat won't do.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Frank, consultations with Dr. Google will make a person believe they have every malady under the sun. Considering the normal test results, perhaps you could ask for a referral to a registered dietitian?

I know what it's like to have an aging mother in declining health. In a word, it sucks.

When did you live in Mexico? Did you like it there?

In real life, people tend to find me rather humorous. But there is one -- and only one -- joke I can ever remember. It shall date me. Badly.

Q: Did you hear that they're making a movie about Dan Quayle's Vietnam years?

A: Yes. It's going to be called "Full Dinner Jacket."

God, I'm ancient.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Frank, consultations with Dr. Google will make a person believe they have every malady under the sun. Considering the normal test results, perhaps you could ask for a referral to a registered dietitian?

I know what it's like to have an aging mother in declining health. In a word, it sucks.

When did you live in Mexico? Did you like it there?

In real life, people tend to find me rather humorous. But there is one -- and only one -- joke I can ever remember. It shall date me. Badly.

Q: Did you hear that they're making a movie about Dan Quayle's Vietnam years?

A: Yes. It's going to be called "Full Dinner Jacket."

God, I'm ancient.
Hah! Thank you. More please.

My Doc has not suggested a dietitian, but I will inquire. But I don't need to control my diet, I just need to eat.

I was basically living in Mexico until my mother needed my assistance. I love Mexico, and it's people (who have been screwed by the oligarchy there). I've always have been drawn to the country, as if I belong there.

And no, not to be contrarian, but it doesn't "suck" to "have an aging mother in declining health". It is my privilege.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

To clarify: For me, it's been hard to see my Mom's body turn on her. Her world has grown so small, though her mind remains quite sharp. Much of what's good in me, I think, came from her.

In a couple weeks, I'm taking her on vacation. That is a privilege, I agree.

Do you get exercise, Frank?
Old 08-25-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I think she probably means it's hard for you to watch them decline.

Mexico - I would love to go there. Grrrrr....Now I have to say adios and do some work :-/ Been nice talking to you folks. See you soon :-)
Old 08-25-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Someone handed me a Mexican jumping bean , said "You have to hold it in your hand for awhile than it will move ". I asked if they knew why it moved after awhile . Only think they came up with is , that theirs a little worm inside and after it warms up in your hand it wakes up ? You know anything about them Frank ?
Old 08-25-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
To clarify: For me, it's been hard to see my Mom's body turn on her. Her world has grown so small, though her mind remains quite sharp. Much of what's good in me, I think, came from her.

In a couple weeks, I'm taking her on vacation. That is a privilege, I agree.

Do you get exercise, Frank?
Thank you for that, Venecia. Sounds like a similar situation to mine. My mother's world shrinks steadily with lack of vision and hearing (and a broken hip, limiting her mobility, even if she could see). You're right, their world grows smaller. But like your mother, mine retains a sharp mind. (probably sharper than mine!)

That's so cool you are taking her on vacation!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
Now I have to say adios and do some work :-/ Been nice talking to you folks. See you soon :-)
Bye for now, sweetie.

Hope to see you soon. Be well.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Someone handed me a Mexican jumping bean , said "You have to hold it in your hand for awhile than it will move ". I asked if they knew why it moved after awhile . Only think they came up with is , that theirs a little worm inside and after it warms up in your hand it wakes up ? You know anything about them Frank ?
Hah! I remember the exact thing as a little kid. Never did figure out why the bean jumped. Guess it's time for Mister Google.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Moms .

Was kind of trying to keep it upbeat . Whilst bringing up Moms , we three have something in common . Only my Mom passed 3 years ago .
Almost same situation on health . She could only see shadow's , bad cataracts . Than she fell broke her hip , ended up in hosp. Got Pneumonia & passed . All the while I was crying in my beer never ..went to see her .
At least I Sobered up in time to be there for my Dad , till he passed a year later .
Char - song just came in my head -" If I could turn back time "
Old 08-25-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Broken hips are almost the kiss of death for old people. A doc told me my aunt was likely to pass within a year after her hip fracture. She made it three years.

So sorry about your mother. Hospitals and elderly pneumonia seem to be common. All those germs and so little resistance in old age. All I can tell you is that I will never allow my mother to die in a hospital. So there.

This is probably too personal . . .but why did you not go see her?
Old 08-25-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

I'm happy for you Frank that you have the chance to be their for your Mom . She also was in a wheel chair for she had a stroke a few years before . My Dad wasn't in that good of health either . Dr's thought it was best to keep watch of her in the hosp.
WHY - I was lousy No good Drunk of a Daughter & I cared more about drinking . They both where alcoholic when I was a child , & stopped in their late 50's .
They decided they didn't want me around after I started drinking in my late 30's- so I drank more "wanted them to see what it was like to watch !!
I have nothing to hide - I know what I was
Old 08-25-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

After I wrote in the tread " Where Were you " That was just tip of the ice burg . I thought of writing my life growing up , But I think I would be back hiding in the corner again ...
I should have kept my mouth zipped up - I need a delete Button !!
Old 08-25-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

I know what I was
But you are not that person anymore. Give yourself a slap on the back and eat some Funyuns.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Life can hand you lemon's & some say you can make lemonade . I'm allergic to citrus fruits .
Good comeback Frank - Thanks For a sec . I thought you'd say - Gezz I hope this Crazy chic would get off my Thread ...
Right , I'm nothing like what it brought out in me , some times I scared myself .
Deep Breath ....
Old 08-25-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

And now for a musical interlude. Yup, I know it's old, but it's soooo smooth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Whgn_iE5uc
Old 08-25-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

That was a good video Frank! Thanks. Felt good to take a break and watch it too!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
That was a good video Frank! Thanks. Felt good to take a break and watch it too!
Thank you for posting, Olivia.

How are things in your world?
Old 08-25-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Things are good Frank! My busy time of year.
Your weight loss.... Hmmm. I see my doc tomorrow for annual blood work. He usually tells me, "Well, you don't have cancer!" Because the scale keeps creeping up. I'd like to lose 15 anyway. 40-50 is a lot on almost anyone. Good luck with your health. I'd keep your doc looking tho. And what you do for your mom is wonderful too. They're gone before you know it and boy do I miss my mom. I'm watching Intervention now. Dam heroine. So glad I never got heavily into drugs. Alcohol is bad enough ! Take care.