Notices

Class of May 2015 Part 7

Old 07-28-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS!!!))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 07-28-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Cissy

D
Old 07-28-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

No. Thank YOU. For all that you do.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hi Dr. Nut - to answer your question, I sometimes review and summarize medical records.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Good evening all, it looks like the group is carrying on nicely. Day 60 for me today came and went. Had a dinner function for work and not drinking with the crowd didn't even phase me. I was actually surprised how many people didn't drink. I guess I was usually spending more of my attention on ordering another beer in the past! Feeling pretty good on a lot of fronts. Anxiety and insomnia are the last two pieces to be found. Dr. prescribed the generic for Lexapro for anxiety. Has anyone tried it? Not sure how I feel about all the side effects and if anything after two days, I think it increased my anxiety and made my insomnia worse. Dr. Google says that is normal and it could take a few weeks to normalize. Hope relief gets here soon!

I hope everyone has a blessed Wednesday!

RT

@Dee, is it your birthday? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY:-)
Old 07-28-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Dee is right, of course.
Forgive me, Cissy, I really do wish you well. Maybe I myself am a little vulnerable right now. Well, I know I am, but I'm hanging in there.
My sobriety days (today 23) are more with July so I think I'll be of more support there, of getting needed support there, too, and going to other threads as well.
Am loving the gratitude threads for example.
Don't want anyone here to think I'm leaving May mad.
I'll drop in from time to time and continue to wish you all the best.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Administrator

it was a few days back Rufftime - but thanks

D
Old 07-28-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Kale, (((((Hugs))))).

RT, I'm on generic Lexapro too but it's not for anxiety, it's for depression. I don't know if that's what you need to be on for anxiety but do your research and tell your Dr if you feel it's no better or even worse. I hope you feel relief soon. Anxiety is so hard to have to live with.

Goodnight everyone and God bless each of you. It's all good.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hey RT.....I used to be on Lexapro too for anxiety and depression. It took a week or two for it to kick in for me but there was definitely a difference....subtle, but different. I found myself not sweating the small stuff so much, if that makes sense. And I was actually drinking at the time but not heavily.....still ill advised though. Just give it a chance
Old 07-28-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi! Finishing up the new day 2 in a good place. No desire to drink at all! And oddly enough my husband surprised me by telling me that he is giving up something too. Not alcohol, but his stupid game that he plays on his phone 24 hours a day. Trust me he is completely addicted to it so it means a lot to me that he (out of nowhere) said he is going to try to not play for 7 days. I think that it was a mark of solidarity since I am now not drinking. It was his way of saying he understands. It meant a lot to me. Even though he isn't giving up drinking he is making an effort to make a sacrifice in order to help our marriage. So tonight he will be up until 4 am playing it like a last hurrah the same way an alcoholic does when they say they are drinking for the last time. Whatever works...

Kale, I think you should stick around this class too. You have a lot of valuable things to say that I personally find very helpful and encouraging. Everyone here does.

I'm off to bed now! Have a relaxing night everybody.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Bringing day 82 to a close. Another good day. Work was busy but went well. I made another amazing salad for lunch. Made an amazing bleu cheese vinaigrette with it. I'm off work the next two days. Probably spend some serious time at the pool tomorrow. Supposed to be a high of 102 here for most of the afternoon. At least it's not humid here.

Originally Posted by ThursdayNight View Post
Hi Dr. Nut - to answer your question, I sometimes review and summarize medical records.
Oh. Duh. I thought you meant you like reviewed music albums somewhere. Like you were a critic. I feel dumb now.

Rufftime -- glad you checked in. Congrats on day 60, whenever that was. I know nothing about those medicines but hope they help!

AllieK -- congrats on day 2! Glad you're checking in. I can relate to your husband's being addicted to his video game. Don't remember if you were around a few weeks ago when I bought a video game system and then returned it the very next day because I decided it was just another unhealthy outlet for my addictive personality. I stayed up until almost four in the morning myself that one day. That's cool he's recognizing your decision to better your life with one of his own.

Ginamarie -- keep us updated on the car hunting. I'm not quite there yet myself financially. Hopefully soon. I'm really trying to get as much money saved as possible as my credit is absolutely shot so I'm going to be paying through the nose in interest rates on anything I have to buy with a loan.

And I personally kinda think the Bride of Frankenstein look is hot.

Kale -- I hope you change your mind and stick with us too. While I also hang around the July 2015 thread, I've gotten a lot out of your participation here. Seriously. You played a big part in keeping me sober early last week. You'll always be a Mayflower in my eyes.

Hope everyone has a nice night. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi Mayvens-

Trying to catch up on the past few days. Been a bit trying for various reasons. I've just been noodling through what has been on my mind, and I think I've made some progress in figuring out what has been bothering me.

Day 74- and I am beyond happy that I decided never to pick up the first drink.

The Serenity Prayer has been at the forefront of my thoughts lately. It is such a short, simple gathering of words, yet extremely powerful.

Wishing everyone well!
Old 07-28-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Been posting here and there. Mostly reading. Realized I am here.. 8 May 2015. Almost 82 days.

Not used to my new low blood pressure. Anxiety when I drive on the highway.

Strong and have tons of energy. Sleep well for being a shift worker.

Not taking any meds. Hoping in time I will get used to being sober all the time.

Overall, I feel great. Except on the highway.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the thread D122y

D
Old 07-28-2015, 09:44 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Re-Member

D122y -- Welcome from one May 8 sober baby to another! Hope you'll check in regularly.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Welcome D122y! Glad to have you here.

Kale and Cissy, I hope you both sick around, even if you start posting in another class. It wouldn't be the same without you!
If you're having a really vulnerable day and is possible that someone's drinking post (here or on another thread) could set you off, remember PMs! You can always send a few of those for support without even looking at the forums.

Not much new here. Few more days work and then I'm home! Looking forward to it.

Happy late birthday Dee!
Old 07-29-2015, 01:37 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hi all! It's been a couple days since I have posted but I have been lurking pretty regularly, reading posts and such. I have been staying very busy with working on my house, as I mentioned awhile back we bought a house about 4 months ago so We have been working on making it our own with updates and remodels. It seems as if there is always something to do or improve around this house.

I hope that the issues among the group are all straightened out and everyone is able to keep focused on what is really important, our sobriety. Although I do not post regularly, I log on multiple times a day because this is my only place to discuss or be "around" sobriety talk. I find this site to be very helpful and am very appreciative to have this outlet. I am really going to try to post more often and be more interactive on here despite my frustrating phone which I'm still depending on to get on here.

Sorry my infrequent posts are always so long lol I will end with saying I am still going strong on day 12 now. I haven't had the urge to drink but I have this new and very unhealthy habit of eating cookies like everyday and lots of them. Today I woke up in the middle of night craving cookies so I ate 6!! I'm not sure if this is my AV creeping in on me or if I'm just bored or compensating maybe I dunno but it has got to stop! Has anyone else experienced something similar early on in recovery?
Old 07-29-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Wink

Odisnow...I wake up at odd hours still. Usually once. But, I am not hungry. Thirsty though. Bathroom too. I am 50 years old.

I heard we drinkers crave sugar when we quit. That has to be what is going on.

I drink lots of water. At least 4 regular size bottles a day. Cleanses me. I take a multi vitamin. I eat a solid breakfast. Even though I'm not that hungry. It helps my blood sugar stabilize. So I read.

The main thing is I am not hung over. My blood pressure used to be raging in the morning. I would kick it higher with strong coffee. I quit coffee too.

See you here.

Last edited by D122y; 07-29-2015 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Emoticon.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Site

D
Old 07-29-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

D122y, thanks, I think eating a solid breakfast is a good idea. I think I'm going to have to start that. Maybe also try to avoid all snacking. I have increased my water as well, that seems to keep my energy levels up. I did a Google search of craving sugar when in recovery and found stories of people making it their new addiction and gaining 100 pounds. That scared me enough to want to throw all the junk in my house out! I do NOT need another addiction!