Notices

Class of May 2015 Part 7

Old 09-05-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

Starting Day #111 here. Still hot and muggy in Northern Illinois. It's supposed to be much cooler next week. I'm looking forward to cool, crisp fall days and apple cider donuts at the Apple Orchard!!

Rufftime -- I hope you're feeling better. Anxiety is a tough one. I struggle with that at times myself.

Cooper -- My sober twin!! Nice to see you checking!

Sag -- Great job on 2 months... congrats!!

Casey -- as always, you are doing a great job, not only in your own recovery, but helping everyone on this site as well!!

D122y -- Nice post. You are so right... it is amazing being born again sober.

Congrats to all milestoners and hugs to those struggling. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Hey thanks guys!

No plans today just work.

I, too, am looking forward to crisp fall days. I am so sick of the heat and I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing my complain about it. Some rain might be nice, we could use some of that. Oh well.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 09-05-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 121 now. I thought I was over this stuff with my throat hurting but it's back full force this morning. Ugh. Pollen and mold counts are all low here right now so I'm not sure what's going on there. Hopefully my throat will clear up as I wake up more.

Work was slow but good last night. I'm guessing today will be a bit busier with the holiday weekend really kicking into gear. I had thought last night that I might head to the farmer's market this morning but I'm not feeling like it now.

D122y -- loved your description of then vs. now. It's important for me to remember where I came from so I don't go there again.

Surrender -- 111 is a cool number.

Sagittarius -- congrats again! Have a nice day at work...

Wishing everyone else a safe and sober Saturday...
Old 09-05-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Congrats Sagittarius on two months! To answer your question, I had my ankle reconstructed.

Hi Surrender! I love having a sober twin. Helps keep me motivated!

I hope all of the gang here has a nice weekend.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Very brief message, but checking in to say I'm 120 sober. Haven't been able to post due to crazy work hours, but that's settling down.

I did post on another subsection about the fourth step, and any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

- CC
Old 09-05-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Hi all!

I'm alive and still sober. Doing really well just working insane hours over here! I'm talking 18-20 hour days pretty much 7 days a week. Loving this new gig though, so all good!

I miss you all and hopefully I can pop by more often and catch up on everyone sometime soon!!
Old 09-06-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone! Glad to see all your posts and so many doing just awesome! I'm insanely busy at work and with my daughter/granddaughter. Day and night busy which I haven't had for years. Some family issues, but that's my life now. I don't know what sober day I'm on. It's about 2 months. I'm feeling good and losing weight healthfully. Basically just going on with my life, the stuck-in-life drinking a bad memory. Now I'm facing what I need to face without fear, moving forward and without undo fear about the future. My faith has been a huge part in healing. Wishing all a great Sunday and day off tomorrow for those who will have that for Labor Day. I'll keep checking in from time to time. Take good care and keep on keepin' on!
Old 09-06-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

99 days today, finished my sober 90 AA meetings in 90 days last night. Gonna slack off on those a bit now. Doing marvellously in most regards. Writing dissertation, and just got word back I may be able to resubmit my last coursework because I was drunk when I handed the wrong version in.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hey, Class!

Hope everyone is well. We decided to hang around home this weekend for a little R&R.

115 Days today....some days easier than others, but I am so full of gratitude to be sober!!! Keep up the good fight, Mayvens.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 122 now. That's one-third of a year! It's funny how I can find a milestone of some sort in nearly every single day. One day at a time, right?

Work this afternoon/evening. Hope it's better than last night which was very slow and boring and lame. About to run to the grocery store. No other plans for the day.

ClosetCinephile -- congrats on 120 days! There are some great answers in your 4th Step thread. Much of steps four through ten really are about cleaning up your side of the street, not about what others have done to you. Resentments can cause us so much personal harm.

site -- glad you're liking the new job but that does sound like a whole lot of hours. Take care of yourself! Remember the "T" in HALT.

Kale -- so glad you checked in! You are actually at exactly two months today. I only know that because I keep track of milestones for the 24 hour thread and just took your name off the list for today a few hours ago since you hadn't checked in since mid-August. So glad to hear you're staying sober and congrats on two months!

JamesfrmEngland -- welcome to the Class of May 2015 and congrats on 99 days. Hope you'll make this class a regular part of your recovery plan.

Dharma -- congrats on 115 and enjoy your lazy weekend.

Hope to hear from others who haven't checked in lately and that everyone has a safe and sober Sunday!
Old 09-06-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Hi - nice to see everyone doing so well!

I was reading the "reasons to drink" thread in the Newcomers. That is a great thread to read, i haven't finished it yet, but its certainly a great reminder.

Off to work soon.
Hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-06-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Thanks Casey! My whole life is pretty must halt right now, except the angry part. It's been a good test but not only am I not thinking about drinking, I see to be dealing with all of it patiently and happily, which is a huge change for me. I've always been fairly patient and happy, but in such a rush to be done and have a beer that j would get slightly annoyed, and now there's none of that. It's really amazing!
Old 09-06-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Site -- that sounds like recovery in action to me. Life is much easier when all our plans don't revolve in some way around getting to that first or next drink, isn't it?

Glad you checked in and hope you have safe travels wherever you're headed on this new round of work...we're here for you whenever you can or need to check in...
Old 09-07-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 123. I feel oddly good this morning considering that I didn't sleep very well last night. I kept waking up every hour or two and probably only got about six hours sleep total. Anyways, I still feel good now and I'm sure I'll take a nap at some point before I go to work this evening.

Life is good. Uneventful but good. Hope everyone else is doing well...
Old 09-07-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hello, Maybabies

It's good to see more people checking in as they are able and still going sober strong!

Sober is really feeling normal now. Going back isn't even remotely appealing. I have had a couple thoughts the last few days about just having one drink. Usually it's when I see booze advertised on tv. I never realized just how often it is advertised. Anyways, shutting those thoughts down has become second nature. I can't do one drink and quite frankly I love being clear headed. Never thought I'd say that but it's true.

I hope you all continue to do well!
Old 09-07-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yeah, there's a guy at my AA home group who always says when he's giving out 30 day sobriety chips, "30 days, 100 nights, and a thousand beer commercials."

Have a nice day, copper!
Old 09-08-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

I'm happy to see more checking in and staying on course with sobriety. We need all the motivation we can get!

I made it through the holiday weekend and hosting the family reunion. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Some of the family members did end up stumbling around by the end of the day, but there weren't as many drinkers as I thought there would be. That helped a great deal.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day/night!
Old 09-08-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 124 now. Four months sober today! Thanks again to each and every one of you for being there for me.

All is good. Work stunk last night. Trashy, lousy tippers. Oh well, those shifts happen every now and then. I can't control others, all I can do is keep doing the best job I can. The good days outweigh the bad ones by a long shot.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Tuesday...
Old 09-08-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Casey - Congrats on 4 months!!

Worked all weekend, spent part of today re-decorating my bathroom! Love to do that kind of stuff.

Not much new, dying from the heat, lol, sorry. Couldn't help it.

Hope you all are doing well
Have a great night!
Old 09-09-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 125 here. I'm off work for the next 2.5 days. Going to two AA meetings today, I think. No other big plans for the day. I didn't fall asleep until around five hours ago so I'm going to try and crash for a couple of hours starting right now. Wishing everyone here the best!