Notices

Class of May 2015 Part 7

Old 08-17-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Nothing new or exciting here, just checking in to say hi.

School for us starts next week, so its good and not good to get back to routine. This is the first summer I've slept in in years. Sorry to see it end! ha ha

Might try to get to the lake one more time this week before its over.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 08-17-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats to Surrender2win on three months sober today! In a row!
Old 08-18-2015, 03:23 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Nice to hear from you Kale and Cissy!

Nothing new here, just saying hello!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Congrats to Surrender2win on three months sober today! In a row!
Great big thank you to everyone here!! I couldn't have come this far without this site and all of the wonderful support and encouragement.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 Months Surrender!!

I have the next 2 days off work, driving into work yesterday I got a stone chip in my windshield, woke up this morning to a massive crack so into the repair shop this afternoon it goes.

I have hit the gym a few times this week , I go after work for about an hour and I'm really starting to enjoy it. Definitely helps with sleeping at night, sleep like a rock now lol! I think it may become my new addiction, better than drinking!

Have an awesome Tuesday!
Old 08-18-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just popping in.

I'm still sober. 3 months today. I'm loving being sober. I really can't believe I've been sober for 93 days. So many positive changes have happened it's just incredible.

I hope everyone is doing okay.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 103. Could not fall asleep last night so I really slept late in this morning. Gotta get moving now. Need to run to the bank and go eat some lunch somewhere.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober Tuesday. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on 3 months, Copper! So glad you checked in. How's your ankle doing now?
Old 08-18-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Hi - off to work soon so just wanted to pop in and say hi

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 08-18-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

First and foremost. I am an Alcoholic. Let me keep that straight.

Checking in.

Been around here, just other threads.

Great threads for me to learn and to offer support to those getting started on the sober freedom wagon.

You all may detect a better flow of text from me here. I am typing with all ten fingers. Rarely if ever do I use my big laptop. Always my phone or tab.

My deal is getting better each day. As advertised.

During my drinking days, which ended just a few months ago, I thought I was having my cake.

Earning a living, getting a military pension, etc etc. Great stuff. Little did I know I was digging a deep hole of death. My blood pressure was through the roof, I was fat, I had GIR, I was a drunk etc etc. etc.

My kid joined Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I watched. Eventually, I joined. The teacher said I was like an upside down turtle. This guy pulls no punches. He is so honest.

I was drinking daily. Not to black out. Just drinking. Hard stuff. I called them snorts. Found out doing BJJ with a hangover sucked. BJJ is a hard workout. So I started stopping drinking, then binging. That is when I had a vertigo attack. My bottom.

Without the internet, SR, and all of you my life as I know it would be jacked. When I was binging, I had now idea it was going to get progressively worse. Kindling and PAWS = D122y.

Now that I am educated, looking at my thing through objective eyes, I am never going to drink again. Well maybe when I am 80, but that might change too. No sooner though. In 30 years it will be a whole new world. Hopefully, a better one.

I could ramble more, but that is enough. I just felt a bit guilty for not checking in with my class for a while.

Like I said, 10 fingers. That is it. 100 days ago. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

My ankle is doing better. Thanks for asking. I went for my first post-op check up on Friday. They took off my splint and I had a fracture blister. Apparently excessive swelling can cause blisters so they put me in a plaster cast for the next two weeks. They are leaving my stitches in for those two weeks to be sure the swelling goes down and nothing busts open. So, aside from the swelling issue things are good. Pain is managed well. I'm beginning to ween off the drugs. From taking something every 2 hours to every 3 hours.

I'm happy to report I've been taking the pills as directed with no real thoughts of abusing them or thoughts of drinking.

I really can't express enough just how happy I am to be sober. I feel like a "normal"person. I know I can never drink again so when I say normal I don't mean in regards to drink. I know I can never go back. I'm just so blessed and eternally grateful to be living again. It's the small things I love the most. Putting pajamas on before bed, that first cup of coffee is so much better, showering without vomiting.

I love seeing so many people in this class accumulating days.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations surrender, Copper and D122y
you are all sounding great

D
Old 08-18-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad your ankle is healing slowly but properly, Copper. I know what you mean about how nice it is to just live a normal life--to not be constantly obsessed about when and where that next drink is going to take place or how I'm going to finally stop, etc.

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
My deal is getting better each day. As advertised.
There is so much truth in this! I kept hearing for years about how somewhere around the 90 day mark was a big turning point for a whole lot of people in recovery. I am certainly finding that to be the case. There's this serenity and acceptance in my life now that has never been there before. Things aren't perfect, but I know today I'm on the right track. Haven't felt that way in a long time.

Thanks for checking in, D122y. I got a lot out of your 10-fingered post.

End of day 103 for me. It was a good, normal day. Work was pretty boring. I bought a new iPad today. Nice to be able to afford such things without hurting myself financially. Hope everyone else had a happy and sober day. Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 08-20-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!! Nothing much going on in my life right now... just enjoying my sobriety and feeling pretty darn good!! The weather here is pretty chilly today. High of only 71 and cloudy. Quite the change from last weekend and highs in the 90's. Is summer over??

D122y -- your comment on taking up drinking again at 80 made me smile. Reminds me of myself when I quit smoking over 5 years ago. I said that I would start back up again when I'm 80!! Except, I'm sure cigs will be way too expensive by then. I can't believe the cost right now for a pack. Wow!

Enough for now... back to work for me. Hope you all have a happy and sober day!!
Old 08-20-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Hello all!
Had a crappy nights' sleep, lots of dreams, and woke up often with a headache. slept late, feel crappy.

Nothing planned except work later, although I just want to curl back up under the covers instead..

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-20-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 105. Off work today. About to go to the library and then pick up some lunch somewhere. Maybe Mexican food...hmm. All is well here. Nothing new to report.

Surrender--it's also amazingly not so hot here. Only 80 degrees right now with a projected high of 91. That is downright cool for West Texas in mid-August.

sagittarius --I had my first drinking dream in at least a months time last night. Very vivid. I got mad at someone and just gulped down their whiskey and coke without thinking. I was so mad at myself until I realized it was a dream.

Sorry your sleep was rough. Hope today is a better day.

Time to get moving. Talk to everyone later. Have a happy and sober Thursday!
Old 08-20-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me. Going 3 full weeks so I hope it's okay if I rejoin you. I too slept like crap but that's how it's been on and off for weeks. And dreams? Funky dreams! Wish I could just have no dreams than those wild ones that don't let you sleep peacefully.

Have a great day. ((((Hugs))))
Old 08-20-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Checking in late on day 36 for another 24!
Old 08-20-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you're giving continuous sobriety another try, Cissy.

BringingBackB -- happy to have you here but I think you meant to post in the 24 Hour thread. This is the Class of May 2015. Either way, congrats on five-plus weeks.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 106. After having the last two days off, it's time to go back to the real world today. About to head to my parent's house to do laundry, might go to a noon AA meeting while clothes are in the dryer, and then I work this evening. Public schools are about to start again here so I'm guessing work will be a bit slower this weekend. Nothing new to report here. Life is good and peaceful. Wishing all of you the same today.