Notices

Class of May 2015 Part 7

Old 08-13-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Nice job Hype!

Just stopping by to say hello. Nothin to report, just enjoying being at home and reading and lots of Mexican food.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi Class!

Checking in to say hello.

Tomorrow will be 3 months sober for me.

I am so grateful and blessed to be able to get here, thanks to the amazing world that is SR.

The last couple of days have been a bit of a roller coaster with emotions but overall I think I am getting the hang of this life without alcohol!

No, not everyone drinks like us. I find though that the thoughts and emotions that go through my mind around even 'normal' drinkers are unpredictable. I would say 75% of the time, no big deal- I carry on. The other 25%, my mind starts to swirl with real angst and I get angry about my addiction. An exit plan is key.

I pray that with some more sober time and sober muscles, I will develop a more consistent 'meh' attitude around alcohol. I'm guessing that there will always be moments of struggle for me. The world keeps turning. And what is the saying.....'living life on life's terms'? Yes, working on just that.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 99 here.

Yesterday was good. I mostly hung around my house and read and watched a bunch of television. Bawled my eyes out at an episode of Friday Night Lights. That show really knows how to pull at my heartstrings. I also finally watched the movie from my last year Birdman. I really enjoyed it.

I did go have an early birthday dinner at my dad's house. Grilled some steaks with the family, got some presents. Got all my laundry done while I was there.

Back to work tonight. No other plans for today except to get dressed and go get something to eat in a few minutes as I have nothing to eat here at the house.

Dharma -- congrats on three months! I see you around the rest of the forums a lot but am glad you checked in here too.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober start to their weekend. If you haven't checked in lately, hope you'll do so soon. Doesn't matter how many days in a row you have, we all really only have today. Thanks again to each and every one of you for keeping me sober one more day.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend gang

D
Old 08-15-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CASEY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

I think today is your birthday and you're 42?

Have a great day. Thanks for all of your support on these threads.

XO

Olivia.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Casey!!!

And congrats on 100 days!
Old 08-15-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Casey!!! And CONGRATS ON 100 days!!!

keep on keeping on!!!
Old 08-15-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Quick check-in for me. Starting Day #90. It's been almost 2 years since I've come this far. Although it does seem to be getting easier every day, I am not going to let my guard down because I know the AV can kick in at any time.

Going to the County fair this afternoon. I'm not too sure about that since it will be close to 90 here. I will more than likely start melting!!

Congrats Casey on 100 Days!!! And Happy Birthday too!!

Hope you all have a great sober Saturday!
Old 08-15-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 100 here. And, yep, it's my birthday. 41 years old.

Last night was a rough one at work. First real rough one I've had at this new job. Some people are just youknowwhat-holes. Trying not to dwell on it as it's over and done and it's nothing I can control.

No big plans for the day. I already had a little birthday celebration with my family a couple of days ago. I'm scheduled to work tonight but planted a bug in my boss' ear last night that I wouldn't mind being off tonight if possible. I think there's probably a 66% chance that happens. If so, I'll go to an AA meeting. But if I have to work, that's OK too.

Olivia, site, sagittarius -- thanks for the birthday wishes and nice words!

Surrender2win -- congrats on day 90! Have fun at the county fair. Eat something fried and unhealthy for me. Also thanks for the kind words.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Saturday. Thanks again for being here for me every single day since May 8, 2015. It doesn't seem like such a long time when I look at that date, but, man, the changes in my life and outlook in just that amount of time have been tremendous.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Have an awesome birthday Casey, sending positive vibes for the 66% chance you have today off so you can enjoy it and congrats on a 100 days, special day all around!

Congrats on 90 Surrender, County fair sounds like fun. There is an antique car show in our small town this weekend, just caught a glimpse of it this morning when we were running a few errands before I trudged off to work today.

Have an awesome Saturday everyone!
Old 08-15-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Hi again. I was reading backwards. Casey I couldn't remember if u were going to be 41 or 42! 41 it is! 100 days too! Congrats. That salad sounds awesome! What time should I be there for dinner!! Last time I bought blue cheese I thought of u!

Dee - thanks for sharing your story. Pretty darn intense. Congrats to you too. And helping others is a big part of recovery I also believe.

Well, was in for lunch. Heading back out mulching the farm. You can only imagine how much grass I cut and how mulch mulching I do. Good exercise too.

The guy going to the gym (sorry didn't get name). You'll fall into a routine in no time. I go to a middle aged gym. Much nicer! Nobody seems to care about bodies as much ! I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym.

Olivia
Old 08-16-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Nice job on 90 days surrender! How was the fair?

It's crazy hot here too right now, over 100 everyday, so I'm doing all my outside things first thing in the morning and then hiding in the AC all day.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by site1Q84 View Post
Nice job on 90 days surrender! How was the fair?

It's crazy hot here too right now, over 100 everyday, so I'm doing all my outside things first thing in the morning and then hiding in the AC all day.
Thanks Site... the fair was fun for the kids, but oh my WAY TOO HOT for me. I did manage to enjoy a frozen lemonade and funnel cake!! Yum
Old 08-16-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Wife scored Kelly Clarkson tickets at Mandalay Bay. That women is such a talent. She has such a big heart. Her fans adore her. Fan here.

So of course, checking how many people are drinking. Maybe, 1 out of 100.

At the restaurant before hand, almost everyone at my table had a drink. But, just 1. None for me. I saw a couple at the next table, pounding beers like it was a race. Yikes!

My plan is to stay sober till I am now longer required to function in public without the aid of someone or something (e.g. nurse, walker or wheel chair).

I might start drinking at 80 or so. I have a minute to decide not to as well. Here is to the sober chapter of my life.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 101 here. Yesterday was good. Like I said, I'd already done the whole presents/birthday dinner with the family thing on Thursday night. Got a lot of nice birthday phone calls/text conversations from friends around the state of Texas all day yesterday though. Nice to know people remember and are thinking of you.

Work was much better than Friday night's shift. Easy going shift. Good money.

Work this afternoon/evening/night starting at 3:45. About to head to the grocery store to buy something to cook for lunch/early dinner. Thinking I'll get a nice piece of salmon. Some brain food.

site -- you are up very early to avoid the heat. Have a nice day!

Surrender -- It's not a fair without some funnel cake.

D122 -- I work around alcohol and drinkers every single day and you're absolutely right--most people don't drink and the people who do usually only have one, maybe two, drinks total and half the time they'll leave those half-finished. I most definitely never did that. Only time I didn't finish a drink is because I passed out in the middle of drinking it.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober Sunday. My thoughts and prayers today are with those who haven't checked in lately--AllieKat, Ginamarie323, Cissy, Copper, ThursdayNight, AGAGONNHOJ, nmd, Freedom1982, Jimuk, KaleGrrl, Odisnow, and tons of others. Hope you'll let us know how you're doing sometime soon--whether you're on day 1 or day 110, we're here for you.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Hi guys, checking in.
Got nothing exciting going on except going to work today. Its hit the 90's, and Casey, I dont know how you handle texas weather, I am dying here! Guess you're just used to it. I can't wait til fall, and a little cool weather!

That's my complaint of the day. Thank you all for being so inspirational and giving me the push in the right direction. I was so tired of going around in circles.

Have a wonderful day all!
Old 08-16-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by sagittarius714 View Post
Casey, I dont know how you handle texas weather, I am dying here! Guess you're just used to it. I can't wait til fall, and a little cool weather!
Well, I live in West Texas now so though it may have been over 100 degrees for like 13 of the last 14 days, there is no water to speak of here so also no humidity. That makes the heat much more bearable. I lived in Austin for many years and there it's almost the same heat combined with lots of humidity. Absolutely brutal at times. You just feel gross and sticky all day long whether you're indoors or out.

Fall weather doesn't really exist where I live. We go from summer for like seven months to (mostly mild) winter for four months to maybe one month of sorta spring-like weather before summer starts again.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hi, Casey and everyone!
Sorry I missed your birthday and 100 days yesterday, Casey--congrats and am glad you had a nice day.
I'm doing fine, extremely busy with my grandchild, helping out my daughter and getting back to work. Exhausted to be honest. I haven't been this busy in years and years. No temptation to drink because life now doesn't allow it. Drinking seems like something I used to do a long time ago, even though it wasn't a long time.
I can't go anywhere else in the forum (no time), but I'll pop in May once in a while when I come up for air.
Glad to see people posting here doing well.
Take care and have a great Sunday and week!
Old 08-16-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Thank you Casey, for asking about me by name. I have been refraining from posting but I'm here several times a day, keeping track of all of you and my other threads that are pure fun. Since you mentioned me, I'll step in for a bit.

HUGE congrats to all of you who are steaming right along. Very psyched for you and really in awe that you've come so far, with no end in sight. You've got this and I have no doubt. You're in the zone and it's easy from here on out.

If any of you were losing sleep about how my tomato plant turned out (LOL) it did give me 'mators but they just don't compare to those from plants growing in the ground, with no boundaries. I water it daily and supplement it often but it's playing itself out and the skin on the tomatoes I have gotten is tough. Boo hiss.

I'm cat sitting for my friend for 12 days and so I have carte blanche concerning any of their veggies that come of age while I'm watching the cats, watering their house plants and taking care of outdoor plants. They have a wonderful above ground pool and I plan to swim in it one of these nights, with all the lights off and the stars ablaze.

God bless each of you and may you achieve all that you set out to achieve. No matter what, each day you try is a day you gain strength. (((((Hugs)))))
Old 08-17-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 102 now. I binged on some junk food late last night and am definitely feeling the negative results of that this morning. Very dehydrated. Almost hungover. Good news is that unlike a hangover, a couple of glasses of water will completely cure this feeling.

No big plans for today. Probably catch up on some television this morning/afternoon. Work at five thirty. With schools around here starting to begin again today, I'm guessing tonight and most of the next couple of weeks will be a bit slower as people get back in their regular non-vacation routines.

Grateful today for the new life I've been given in recovery. Talk to everyone soon.