Notices

Class of May 2015 Part 7

Old 08-06-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

90 days. Feels physically good. Mentally strong. Committed.

Hate booze. 1daat. Ghm.

Relaxing in my hotel suite.

Drinking tasty soft drinks, munching on chips.

Keep fighting. Never give in.

Thanks to you all, SR, and the internet for saving me.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on 90 days, D122y!
Old 08-06-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How are you doing today, Ginamarie?
Old 08-06-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Home from the all day shopping trip and just finished dinner. Lounging on the couch now deciding what to do tomorrow...I think it will be a cleaning day tomorrow. Fun fun!

Congrats on 3 months Casey! Great job!
Old 08-06-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Nice job on 90 days D122! And you too, Closet! I missed yours earlier.

Doing good. House/dog sitting for the next two nights. I kind of wish I was just at home since I've been away, but helping out a friend is nice too. It's been 90 or above everyday, so just trying not to melt over here!
Old 08-06-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Ending day 91. Last day off work for a bit. Stayed home out of the heat most of the day--high here of 102 today. It's supposed to be between 102 and 105 every day for the next 10 days here.

Finished up a pretty good book on a horrific murder back in the 1990s by some Mormon polygamists. Going to read a novel by the author who inspired site's SR username next.

I did go to an AA meeting tonight. Topic was powerlessness. There was some crazy old man there tonight who kept interrupting others when they were speaking, but the chair and everyone else did a good job of handling him firmly but with compassion. He's supposedly from a town about 45 minutes from here that has a gigantic veteran's hospital and also a gigantic state mental hospital. I would guess he stays at one of those two places. Sad to see but reminds me of the grace I've been given today with my recovery.

It was a good meeting despite his interruptions. Or maybe partly because of them. Lot of people with some great recovery in their lives spoke tonight.

The cute cashier at the grocery store was definitely flirting with me tonight. Way too young for me but it still made me feel good.

Back to work tomorrow. I think I'm actually ready for it. These three days off have been nice but I'm ready to move forward. My baby sister just got a new (well, a new used) car. Her credit is about as bad as mine, but it sounds like the dealership she went to treated her pretty fairly. So I think I'm going to swing by there on my next day off on Wednesday.

Originally Posted by AllieKat View Post
Home from the all day shopping trip and just finished dinner. Lounging on the couch now deciding what to do tomorrow...I think it will be a cleaning day tomorrow. Fun fun!

Won't actually be 3 months until Saturday because of all the months with 31 days instead of 30. Don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'll still take the congrats in the meantime.

Hope everyone has a happy and sober rest of their night. Wish we'd hear from Ginamarie. And from anyone else who hasn't checked in lately.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
90 days. Feels physically good. Mentally strong. Committed.

Hate booze. 1daat. Ghm.

Relaxing in my hotel suite.

Drinking tasty soft drinks, munching on chips.

Keep fighting. Never give in.

Thanks to you all, SR, and the internet for saving me.
Great job on 90 days!!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Casey, sounds like you really enjoying the AA meetings. I need to get past the fear of going alone and just do it!! I think it's about time for some face-to-face time with others like us.

Allie, looks like you're coming along nicely too. Keep it up.

Gina, I hope you're ok... check in and let us know how you are doing...

Site, looks like you are doing a great job too! I am SO glad the temperature here is cooling off a little. It's in the low 60's this morning and will be in the low 80's today.... 90 and above makes me melt too!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Casey 90 days is three months in my book :-)

Feeling for you with that heat wave down there. We have resumed below average temps here and to 10 day forecast only shows 1 day over 90 degrees. I can't believe it!

Why am I up so early on my day off?
Duh because I'm not hungover! Lol.

Happy Friday!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 92. Got a bunch of errands to run so gotta get moving here. Back to work tonight. My bank account will be happy. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Friday! One day at a time, we've got this...
Old 08-07-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hi, all, I've been massively busy. School, company, etc. Can't keep up with monthly threads other than this one.
So many here doing very well.
Gina, hope to hear from you, you've been a dear. When we fall, we just get up again, no other options (except for the debilitating scary ones). Hoping you are doing OK!
Wishing all a lovely Friday and upcoming weekend!
Old 08-07-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Casey d122y and CC

I'm sorry you drank Ginamarie, but like I just said to someone else, if it helped you to finally accept your alcoholism and what you need to do now to manage it, then maybe some good can come from a bad decision

D
Old 08-07-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good sober weekend everyone

D
Old 08-07-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's after midnight so officially three months for me! This is all very uncharted territory for me. Can't wait to get my three month chip from AA, though that probably won't happen until Wednesday night as I consider my evening group my home group and I'd rather get my chip there than at the noon meetings I also go to sometimes. I've never had a three month chip before! It's going to look good in my little shadowbox frame next to my 24 hour, 1 month, and 2 month chips.

Life is good. It's nice to sleep so good every night and to not have to live each day in a messy combination of hangovers and craving and planning and lies to myself and others. Life is simple today. Life is serene today. Life is peaceful today.

Thanks to each and every one of you for keeping me sober. If you haven't checked in lately, hope you'll do so soon. We miss you! I miss you!
Old 08-08-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Casey - love it! Life is simple today. Life is serene today. Life is peaceful today. That's exactly what life is w/o alcohol!
Old 08-08-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good morning all! So glad this busy week is done. Practically no time to relax. Congrats Casey on hitting 3 months and doing so well. You are inspirational! Gina, hope you come back. Never give up - never surrender! (Galaxy Quest)

Hope everyone is doing well and have a nice sober weekend!
Old 08-08-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Congrats Casey on officially 3 months!! That's awesome!!

Old 08-08-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AllieKat View Post

Same for me today, AllieKat, but I'll get a meeting or two in.

Originally Posted by site1Q84 View Post
Nice job on 90 days D122! And you too, Closet! I missed yours earlier.
Thank you site1Q84. It means a lot.

CC
Old 08-08-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I keep coming here. This is our team room.

How many do we have on the May 2015 team?

4 or 5?

Change of subject....

I back read a nice ladies posts.

She only had 130 or so.

It is great to be able to see the movement. In her case sober, relapse, sober, relapse etc.

I have been educated on my drinking problem. My form of alcoholism. The intermittent off switch. Mental strength now.

My recovery problem, so far, has not been cravings. That's good.

It seems my problem is driving. I get anxiety. The more I drive the easier it gets.

Since I didn't drive for a couple of days while at the hotel, it seemed tougher when I drove home. It got easier as I went, but I hoped it would be easier each day. I bet it is, it is just subtle.

I recall years ago feeling this. I know now the alcohol was deadening the anxiety.

According to a couple of websites, I am supposed to practic. I can do that.

Looking forward to a day when the anxiety fades away.

1daat. Ghm.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 93 for real now. Combination of my neighbor's crying baby and the active construction site across the street from my bedroom window woke me up about an hour before I wanted to wake up this morning. Oh well, at least I'm not hungover.

Work at 3:45 today. That's the main plan for the day. Gotta go run to the bank in a few minutes and then by my parents house.

Thanks for the nice words everyone. I'm really excited about this milestone today--will be even more happy next Saturday when I get to day 100 (and year 41...ugh...not so excited about that), as that was kind of an original goal I had in mind when I started this journey.

Hope everyone has a happy and sober Saturday. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.