Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 4

Old 07-24-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I hear you Free2B84 ... I am an addict ... its like that for everything alcohol food gambling shopping sex .... all of it I binge to the point of making myself sick and then magically forget it after while ... really its amazing how we are wired to forget pain so that we may go on with life, I think its why community is important we remind each other !

Hang in there Norma1234 when I quit smoking took up the couch to 5k jogging program ... I never really jogged more like trotted along lol but it helped me... In my mind I could never be atheletic AND smoke so I already had a neuro association that would help ... can you think of a good one for yourself, something you could never imagiune a smoker doing then go do that! Just a thoough to take or leave :-)

You got this Kitty!

Thanks for sharing SilentCinemaFan if I had a a dollar for everytime I said horrible cruel things to the person I love most my husband ... he forgives me but its still hard for me forgive myself.

Day 11 and abstinate from all my addictions ... I feel tired mentally mostly but all I have to do is get throught today!
Old 07-24-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm back on Day 4, after having 11 days, and wanted to "rejoin" this group. I've been keeping up with all of your posts - great stuff! Disappointed and embarrassed that I've had to start over again. But mostly I am just ****** off that my jerk AV won again. I've made a list of all the things I hate about the mornings after I've drank so hoping it will help to read over and over when my sneaky AV shows up again.

Anyway, hope it's ok if I jump back in? You are all doing so well, keep it up!!
Old 07-24-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Day 19

Day 19 today. Things are going well. Fought off some strong urges earlier this week. I have the day off to just rest and catch up on some chores.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Morning all!

Moving into day 22 feeling strong. My 6th IOP therapy session today, hoping for the best.

Welcome to all joining us here on the July 2015 team...way to go!
Old 07-24-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Welcome back Ladybug. You're here and trying, that's all that matters. Next time, tell your AV where he/she can stick it.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Sounding good everyone!
Friday night and we went out for pasta - no wine, just sparking water. Actually enjoyed myself, loved dinner, and cravings not too bad.....yet. I lie in wait and trepidation. Must be careful.

Regret and self-forgiveness are still two things I grapple with. Getting better though, I think....

Good night,
T
Old 07-24-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, several days not posted but all is well. Sleeping better but still anxious around aperitivo hour. I just do something active and then it passes after about 10 min I have noticed.

Will read the other posts later, have a good friday everyone.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Upwardspiral

D
Old 07-24-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Welcome Norma, SilentcinemaFan, UpwardSpiral, and Eliasson.

Start of day 21 here at the beach. Olivia, that was me with the sharp stomach pains. That was my wake up call to join the party here! I just don’t know why guzzling an entire bottle of red after a hard workout would cause stomach problems?? I got to where I was such a “smart” drinker I made sure to take my antacids and drink some water at bedtime so I would not wake up deathly thirsty or ready to ‘spit up’ due to the acid in my esophagus. Thankfully that all went away about 5 days after I quit drinking.

SilentCinemaFan, when I woke up the next day after drinking and posting on fb and saw that I had posted youtube links to AC/DC vids then I panicked to try to figure out what else I posted. Oh I love my AC/DC but that was a flag warning me to go searching for crazy crap I posted. I lost a very dear friend in real life after emailing her some really mean things. That was 5 years ago and she’s never forgiven me. I have forgiven myself…mostly.

I’m actually feeling semi-OK. Yeah, it’s taken about 19 or so days. On-guard!
Old 07-24-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Welcome to all the newbies. I look forward to catching up with all my sober friends this evening

Pretty exhausting day in Edinburgh I must say, but it has certainly kept my mind off drinking. Walked for absolutely miles.

Feeling very calm so far today, and strangely enough, kinda at peace with myself at the moment. I feel like I'm doing everything I possibly can to work on myself and sobriety at the moment so I am praying the positives keep coming. Was pretty down last night when I posted, this is definitely a roller coaster.

Forabetterlife - I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Peace out
B
Old 07-24-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Welcome new classmates!

It's a rainy day up here in the driftless zone. A friend and I were planning on moving some work stuff this morning but had to postpone the job. And guess, what? My mind went there. "Oh, I could buy some wine later and..." Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Say what? Won't happen, but it scares me that my thoughts will go there so easily. The same thing happened earlier this week. I was going to get my daily iced chai latte and just like that the thought came-"Oh, and I can swing by the wine shop." Brilliant. I think I will go buy that chai now.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Good move Tokidoki! I love chai!

Bob - this is the longest vacation I have ever heard of! We used to take one week, then two but that's about it. Hoping to retire within next couple years, rent a mobile home (don't want to own I don't think) and travel! Yea I had indigestion so badly it was scaring me. It did let up after about six days. I guess this cancer stuff lurks in the back of my mind tho. And trying to fix an obvious problem is just stupid.

SCF- yes you can deactivate fb (maybe under settings). I've gotten away from fb (drama sometimes and just too time consuming as I'm trying to give my energy to SR). Those words you can't take back and very good of you to apologize. Everything happens for a reason I guess.

Amanda - what kind of meds are you taking (If u don't mind me asking). Naltrexone? Antabuse? Anybody ever try the Vivitrol shot? I always wonder what the side effects are for these meds.
If they retest your liver could u let me know if any changes occur please. My son took the N and the A but he would just quit taking them. So, useless if u don't take.

Good day everyone.

Olivia
Old 07-24-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

Day 16 coming to a close here. Only have time for a quick check in, family holiday ends next Monday so it will be back to reality. I think this is the first ever sober holiday since I reached drinking age though. Good experience.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Good morning all- I slept for a whopping 9 hours last night. Best and deepest sleep I have had in a while. I think this is day ..3? I'm confused bc I had very little to drink one day so the next day was my day one , even though I wasn't hungover. Ugh! All that matters is all of that is over now.
One thing that I keep reminding myself from my past "sober runs" is that just when you think alcohol has left your body and things can't really improve much more (maybe when boredom or complacency sets in and the pink cloud is over) - you notice some new Benefit or improvement and it gives you that extra boost of motivation to keep going. I slept fine the past two nights but last night was even better. And I feel emotionally stronger today as well.

Upward, Norma, and eliasson- welcome !!

Ang- I didn't realize you were a teacher as well! I am also looking forward to heading back this year with a couple of weeks under my belt as I'm sure that will improve my focus and organization in setting up my classroom. Glad you are feeling so good!

Scram- glad to hear your IOP went Well and your "realization" is something you need to keep in the forefront of your mind for times you aren't feeling very strong. It kind of sounds like a breakthrough for you

Toki-it doesn't take much for those wine thoughts to creep in, does it? Almost takes you by surprise how your mind can play that trick.

And oh my dear Ladybug- we are in this together.
It's one day at a time, post when you need to or we can even pm each other. I really want to stick with this class and I know I won't if I don't make it through the rest of July and beyond. I think I'm still a day or two behind you. Besides the wonderful support from this group, I got through a tough day yesterday thinking about how I wanted to wake up this morning. It's so, so worth it, we both know that.

I loved catching up and reading all of your posts this morning, it's a great way to start the day in the right frame of mind, helping and sharing with each other. I am thankful to be here with all of you
Old 07-24-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Bob - this is the longest vacation I have ever heard of!
Olivia
Oops, poor sentence structure on my part. Gotta watch my grammar with all these teachers on here! :-) We arrived at the beach Sunday and will leave Sunday.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Too funny, Bob! I'm one of the teachers on here but please don't judge my grammar on here, I rarely proofread before I post!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Bob- oops again! I guess that's your sober days I'm mixing in with your vacation days! Teachers and grammar!!!! I post from my phone and I get so tired of fixing things I've typed! I can see what I type, although very small letters. Enjoy your time at the beach. We went to Guff Shores , AL for about 15 years. Loved it and going back asap. I use to travel for work and saw most of US coasts. Loved it. I got to where I'd leave on a Sat to check out the area (Rhode Island, Niagra Falls, CA, CO, TX (grassy knoll), etc). Does the period go outside the parenthesis or inside? LOL! Does etc get a period!!!!

Olivia
Old 07-24-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Olivia- I take Antabuse. I'm very sneaky, though, and tricked my husband about taking it on several occasions so I'm at the point now where he dispenses it to me daily. I don't experience any adverse reactions. I have no food sensitivities that I know of. I'm supposed to start vivitrol, but insurance is giving me issues. It's an expensive shot. Plus I've had several dental procedures done that require pain pills which you can't take vivitrol with. My last procedure is the 6th so I can start the vivitrol once I go into IOP on the 10th as I'll no longer need the pain meds (which are also dispensed by my husband so I can't abuse them).
Old 07-24-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Scram, it seems like your IOP is with people who are almost ready to graduate from the program (my guess due to the amount of sober time they have). Soon there will be new people there who are in situations similar to yours. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info Amanda! It's just a shame alcohol and such is so hard to refuse! Good luck to you and all of us.