Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 4

Old 07-22-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Amanda and Toki

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
May I ask, why split the months into 4 separate threads? Why not just let them run to 100+ pages?
A few reasons

One is to minimise the getting lost factor - these threads move pretty fast....it's a daunting task for a newcomer having to read scores of pages to get up to speed.

Another factor is long threads apparently really slow things down for everyone onsite..

500 posts seems to work pretty well all round - I'm willing to listen to your alternative ideas tho Troy?

D
Old 07-22-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey tokidoki....I remember you when I was in the January group....glad to see you are back!!!!

FABL and Amandaw, I am also a teacher!! Interesting, I have never heard that statistic about teachers???? I originally got sober 10 years ago and stayed sober for about 7ish. I have been struggling for the last 3. SR kept me sober for 6 months this winter. I'm hoping to use this tool to be successful again.
We can do this!!!!!
I will be away tomorrow until next Wednesday. Not sure I will get wifi.
Stay strong n sober ,,
Old 07-22-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi tokidoki, 2 months and 6 weeks stints are fantastic. Third time lucky!!!
Old 07-22-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yikes, I'm a teacher too. Makes ya think...
Thanks Dee, lookhoops and Tooshabby.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Tokidoki & lovehoops & Amanda - It's really amazing to me that we are all teachers. I have always been super leery about admitting that on here. I guess I feel like teachers have this image to uphold, which is actually pretty unrealistic.

I love that I am sober tonight. I wish I could feel this craving free and comfortable about it every day. I'll just enjoy it while it lasts!
Old 07-22-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Another teacher! I know what you mean about the image thing, forabetterlife. And you're right, it is unrealistic.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Another taper down off valium today... good times.
Eat healthy walk for miles.
No drinks day 11.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome to all newcomers!
I'm also a teacher. I had an all-day, truly boring workshop today.
Summer break can be a time of de-stressing and renewal, or a time to take advantage of getting away with drlnking, not having to get up in the morning so early. Ugh, not good.
Love structure, love my students, and am looking so forward to having a good year ahead!!
Wishing all a great and sober evening and tomorrow!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

An all-day, probably another horribly boring day of a workshop tomorrow. And then I have company later on. It makes me think about how I drank sometimes to stifle and deal with the bureaucratic aspects of the education system today. Not that I think we can blame the sometimes insanity of our jobs to drink, but it's certainly tempting at times. I'm sure it's worse with other jobs...
Old 07-22-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

However, I tend to be the eternal optimistic (usually).
Scram, hope IOP proves to be invaluable to you.
Daria, I know it's hard, but I'm so impressed with you deal with difficult situations!
Toadie, 20 days is awesome!!
Dandelion, thanks for sharing your lovely flowers. I absolutely love flowers and am planning my garden around that.
Frank and others, we appreciate you trying. Stay the course is all I can say!!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Oh kale, I know what you mean about the downtime in the summer. As much as I love the time off, it also scares me because there's so much free time. I thrive in structure as well. But when I stay sober during summers and vacations, they are so rejuvenating and productive. This summer has been rough for me, but I'm gonna make the most of my last 10 days off!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You sound like you're doing great this go around FABL. How are things?

EDIT: Sorry to everyone who mentioned my name earlier, and I truly appreciate it. Don't worry, I'll reply later today in about 12 hours with a better update.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
I'm looking forward to get to know you all and so will now look through previous threads to get to know you all. Who knows, maybe someone is even a July 4th buddy!
Welcom tokidoki: I re-booted on July 4th as well after going 91 days in Jan.

Finishing up day 19 at the beach. Had a nice boat ride to see dolphins on a beautiful day at the beach. No cravings at all today nor AV. That does not mean crap though as I thought I had "smooth sailing" the last time. My guard is up.

Whew, its hard to keep up with everyone. I've had bad internet here at the beach, so sorry I'm missing some stuff.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Holy Moly!! How many teachers do we have in the house?!?! lol YIKES!!! I guess we all need to find a better way to handle the red tape and the "bureaucratic aspects of the education." I think we are proving the statistics right but we will be the success stories ladies.

Tokidoki, I am one of your 4th of July buddies. We are in this together! I don't know about you, but I am hoping to have a lot to celebrate next 4th of July.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Winding down my day 20 here on the east coast, got a good walk in tonight, one more jump in the pool scheduled and on to day 21!

I'm not a July 4ther, but a July 3rder!
Old 07-22-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

How are you today Dee?
Old 07-22-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm good thanks Sleepie
Hope your day has been good too

D
Old 07-22-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Oh kale, I know what you mean about the downtime in the summer. As much as I love the time off, it also scares me because there's so much free time. I thrive in structure as well. But when I stay sober during summers and vacations, they are so rejuvenating and productive. This summer has been rough for me, but I'm gonna make the most of my last 10 days off!
I know, FABL, I usually work during the summer but decided to take it off for the first time in 6 years. I thought I need to have less stress, to work on total sobriety without any stress getting in the way.
There were some family situations but not so much that would totally mitigate my sobriety in the usual way (based on my past). Imagine my dismay realizing how tempted I was because I had so many free days, allowing me to drink more than ever! I was so depressed over that!
I had to realize that I was truly addicted to alcohol, and had to change. It's not easy, but it's so rewarding to truly stop and go on with my life.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

That's good I hope your migraines will leave you be for a loooooong time.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Yes, Dee, we hope you'll be migraine-free for a good long time!