Notices

Class of August 2013 - Part 15

Old 08-15-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Jdooner, no need to apologize. It's great to hear you are doing so well. Welcome back, I hope it works for you to stick around. And congrats on two years!
Old 08-15-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you JD. I'm glad you're meeting challenges and beating them, still

You sound good mate

D
Old 08-15-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you JD! You're an inspiration, friend. Life is pretty good here on my little island in the Philippines. Still cycling, swimming and exploring the region. My girl loves motorcycles, so I bought a big one, and we're about to ride around the island to a German restaurant for lunch. Its always an adventure here, lol. Post whenever you feel like it. Really good to hear things are going well.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oceanlady, sorry to hear your dog passed away. As a dog owner, I know how painful that loss can be. They are wonderful companions and missed greatly when they're gone.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your dog, Oceanlady. I agree with Orn. I had two Labs, a male chocolate, and a female black, when I was younger. They both outlasted the relationships with the women who had brought them home, and lived long lives, but putting them down just killed me. They really were my best companions.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for your loss OL.

D
Old 08-15-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey, OceanLady --

I'm so sorry to hear about your Airedale. They are such handsome dogs. I know he was a good boy and that you and OceanFella will carry him in your hearts. Dogs are truly a gift.

What was his name?

V.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Else: I hope things are going well, or at least a bit better

OL: I'm so sorry about your dog. our chihuahua "tequila" passed away in march due to a very agressive cancer. It's heartbreaking to lose a furry family member.

V: congratulations! I am off to read your post now.

Jd: so good to hear from you. I reentered the group at just the right time. We must have been on the same wavelength! I'm really glad to hear things are going well.

We are off to spend the day fishing and playing on the beach today. Have a great day everybody!
Old 08-17-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi all! Great to see so much activity in our August group. Hello again to FG, Andrea, and JD!

Else, I've been thinking of you and am sorry to hear that you're struggling. I think V's suggestion of going to in patient is a good one--you'll have focused attention and resources to get you back on your feet.

OL, I am sorry to hear about Airedale's passing--I lost my first and oldest cat about a year ago, and the only thing that took the pain away was thinking that he had a good, comfortable, and secure life for the 11 years he was with me.

V and Andrea, congratulations on 2 years! I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone. I have more to say about hitting the 2-year mark and what sobriety feels like now but am trying to get to the gym before 5:00 traffic hits....

Old 08-17-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

JD ,so happy to hear from you! You gave such helpful advice in my early days! Great to hear all is well.

SK, welcome back! I've been a bit of a sranger myself....the two year point is bring us back in!
Like you guys, I am not the same person I was two years ago! Remember the party girl who like to entertain several nights a week? Not me anymore...I have had people ask, did we do something that we aren't invited to OL house anymore? I spent so much energy worrying about how to handle myself with drinking friends...it's worked out for me to just don't invite them!! Ireolized behind my gatherings was my own ability to drink as much as I wanted in the safety of a drinking pals. I have a lot of new now drinking friends that are fun and comfortable in there own skin...
Old 08-17-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Ah, Else. After 10 years on SSRI's I now believe I was never clinically depressed to start with. I'd have to look at a folder to see how long I've been off now, but I believe it's well over a year. It's not important to me, now, it's in the past. I guess I can't really know how you feel. But I know how I feel about you and I hope very much you find the help you need.

I'm sad about Robby, he and I corresponded privately some. His perspective helped me very much.

Welcome back, JD, good to see you again ,and hear that you are well.

Yes, the job, still. But recently I've realized I'm actually in the more powerful position there, I care the least about staying, and they need me more than I need them. Machiavellian, perhaps, or somesuch, but true. I will make something happen when I'm prepared. I'm taking steps to widen my options when I bid them farewell.

There is another issue I haven't shared that is weighing heavily, I'm bearing that alone. I just don't need to talk about it. It is not my issue to solve, it will be what it will be.

It's good to see you all. Congrats to the 2 year folks. I'm just not counting now. Been a long time, as long as it stays that way my life is better. Simple for me.

Glad you enjoyed the song, advbike, I have an online friend that posts that at me when I'm feeling dark.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Time for more cake (albeit a day late):

Our dear Kadi had her anniversary yesterday.

Congratulations, fellow journeyer. You've come a long way, friend, and have lots to be proud of.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

many congratulations Kadi

D
Old 08-21-2015, 03:01 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Congratulations Kadidee.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Kadidee!
Old 08-21-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Congradulations! What a journey!
Old 08-21-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hello, Everyone. A quick note today. congratulations to all of you making your 2 year mark this month. I am marginally better. That is a good thing, believe me. I am feeling again my old spirit starting to flow. I got on a horse today and walked around some. I felt like a weak kitten up there but you have to start somewhere.....Yesterday I walked to the mailbox. It's about a mile there and back. I went to a gentle yoga class last week. These are all obstacles I've gotten over. The doc is taking good care of me, I think, and my husband has been great.

It is very hard to describe severe depression to anyone who has not experienced it. I am sorry I have been such a stranger here. I didn't seem to have the heart or energy to write anything. I felt like I was dying and there didn't seem to be anything I could do about it. But I'm a little better as I said.

Congrats again to all of you.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

So good to hear from you Else. Glad things are improving. Great that you're getting out and doing things.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I have missed you Else! So happy to hear that you are feeling a little better. I hope that with each day you feel improvement!
Old 08-21-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Else !

D