Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 47

Old 07-26-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Fradley, I am sorry for your loss. I will keep you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Take care Fradley. So sorry to hear such awful news.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:23 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sorry to hear your tragic news Fradley, sometimes there is no sense to be found in acts of violence, all we can do is grieve our loss and seek peace.

It's good to see more newbies coming here, I love the flux and flow of this thread, it's wonderful to see all y'all are there for each other supporting advising and comforting.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:20 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Fradley.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Fradley, so sorry for your loss. We'll be here when you come back.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Sorry for the tragic news Fradley, hope to see you back here and the June class soon, take it easy my friend.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Fradley sorry for your loss.

Well after 3 days off its back to womp
Old 07-28-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Uh. First time flying sober. Usually I'm well into a few drinks by this point.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Have a safe trip, GnikNus!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Have a safe trip, GnikNus!
Thanks. I'm a nervous flyer, so this is a huge deal for me. Pretty hard sober door to walk through. In the air now. Three more hours. Seltzer water from the drinks cart.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Thank you, everyone for your thoughts and kind words of support.

GnikNus, I hope your flight was bearable. Well done for getting through, which I am sure you did.

Let us know how it went.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, GnikNus! Just remember that alcohol never solved anything.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

Hi All,

This is my first time posting on this thread but I thought I'd reach out for a little encouragement...

I'm not as far along as you guys but last night I messed up and drank. Today would have been Day 5 but now I have to start all over again. Ugh!

Around Day 3 or 4 I tend to start feeling really good and yesterday I got some great news and instantly "celebrated" by drinking (and cooking) and now I feel like crap today. Why do I do this to myself!? Things were going so great the past few days!
Old 07-28-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to the One Year and Unders, SoberRunner. One thing that has worked for me this time is to post every single time I get the slightest twinge or urge to drink. Just putting those thoughts out in the open takes a lot of the power out of them for me. The one time I didn't do so was a little more than a week ago and it's the closest I've come to drinking yet. I'm grateful I didn't drink but it was close. My mind finally cleared up once I came on here and posted about what was upsetting me.

Plus talking about all of my thoughts and urges re: drinking has helped me build accountability to myself and to others here. That's something I've never had before in recovery.

Don't beat yourself up too bad. It's done and over and you're back here. Figure out a better plan with multiple options for how to deal with similar situations in the future. I hope you make active participation here a part of that plan. We're here for you.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Thinking of you, GnikNus! Just remember that alcohol never solved anything.
Thanks, Saskia! Times have really changed. After landing, I looked for a smoothie shop Instead of a bar.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fradley View Post
Thank you, everyone for your thoughts and kind words of support. GnikNus, I hope your flight was bearable. Well done for getting through, which I am sure you did. Let us know how it went.
Thanks, Fradley- it was nerve wracking, but it's over now! One more hour- long jaunt and I'll be done. For now.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRunner View Post
Hi All, This is my first time posting on this thread but I thought I'd reach out for a little encouragement... I'm not as far along as you guys but last night I messed up and drank. Today would have been Day 5 but now I have to start all over again. Ugh! Around Day 3 or 4 I tend to start feeling really good and yesterday I got some great news and instantly "celebrated" by drinking (and cooking) and now I feel like crap today. Why do I do this to myself!? Things were going so great the past few days!
Once you get past the very early days it gets easier to deal with those impulses to "celebrate" with a drink. Stick with it and you'll see what benefits sobriety has to offer.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome SoberRunner

I kept on drinking too until I worked out a recovery plan - how are you going with that?

D
Old 07-28-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Welcome, SoberRunner! What the others have said plus I'll just add that I was a chronic relapse r. I used to think I was doing everything I could but eventually discovered that there was more work I needed to do. The cravings can feel overwhelming for awhile so IMHO we need extra help. Many of us have found that making sobriety "Job #1" is the best way. This can mean avoiding gatherings and other situations that include alcohol for the first months. Other help such as AA (or other sobriety programs), intensive outpatient treatment groups, etc. are necessary for some.

GnikNus, good for you for hitting the smoothie shop!
Old 07-29-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

SoberRunner, others here may have more days under their belt, but we all remember all to well what it feels like. Use the advice and support you hear here, it will give you strength and resolve.

GnikNus, glad the flight went ok, it gets easier after the first sober one! Enjoy the smoothie.

Good to see you Frad, I know your comfort is needed elsewhere, but you may well need SR for your support through these sad days so keep us close to hand.

Keep up the good work Undies.