SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Part 19 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/371275-class-july-2013-part-19-a.html)

CaseyW 07-11-2015 11:10 AM

So glad you saw the ducks, soberwolf! What a great way to start another day/week/month/year sober!

SoberLeigh 07-11-2015 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 5461642)
On our way home we saw the ducks that has made my day

I also got the birds new treats inc sunflower hearts & peanuts and various seeds

Thank you everyone so much

Awesome!!!!

Soberwolf 07-11-2015 01:38 PM

Thanks guys

Gilmer 07-11-2015 03:52 PM

Delighted about the ducks, SW!

Hi, Petecrab!

SnoozyQ 07-12-2015 06:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wolfy I'm so happy for you :kiss:

Attachment 27456

Soberwolf 07-12-2015 06:35 AM

Thanks Snooz :hug:

Ladybug2 07-12-2015 08:36 AM

Hi all,

How are you doing Snoozy? Had a close call last night, but got through it and was so thankful this morning. I know if I can get some days built back up it will get easier. Hopefully ....

Hope everyone is having a great weekend xxx

Soberwolf 07-12-2015 11:42 AM

Evening Julyers

resolute50 07-12-2015 01:14 PM

Hello everybody. Hot day here, just relaxing in the AC.

resolute50 07-12-2015 04:32 PM

It's cooled down some now. My husky needs a good brushing.
So I'm going to attempt that. She'll feel great but I'll be just a tad bit fury.lol
Anyways,talk with you all later.

CaseyW 07-12-2015 09:07 PM

Hello my July '13 friends. Winding down day 66 here. Good day. Nothing exciting happened. Cooked a good steak for a late lunch/early dinner before lunch. Work was pretty slow. Going to watch tonight's episode of True Detective before bed. Hope everyone had a happy and sober Sunday and that you all check in soon!

SnoozyQ 07-13-2015 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 27458Hi everyone :wavey:

Day 4 for me :D

You can guarantee if it's hot your end Bob that it's gonna be freezing our end.
66 days is awesome Casey , you're going great guns lovely .

Gilmer hiiiiiii xxxxx

So nice to hear from you Pete

Ladybuggggggg , so happy you don't give in , We can do this together hunnybunny xxxxxx:kiss: I'm so motivated.

Just got back from having my MRI . I'm not claustrophobic , but Mann I didn't realise they were that noisy. Sounded like a jackhammer , no wonder you have to wear ear muffs under there.

Get my results back Wednesday , hoping this back clears up soon so I can get back to my normal working routine xx

Crois hope you are well .

Leshar , let us know how you are going x

Bob , I bet Leah looks like the supermodel of all Malamutes after her nice bath lol. Bless her .

Venus , hugs , Dee ,, Leigh , Nikki , Huntington , lulu , humbug , purepoison , everyoneeeeee :hug:

Hope I didn't forget anyone

Dee74 07-13-2015 02:25 AM

congrats on day 4 Snoozy :)

D

Ladybug2 07-13-2015 04:22 AM

Good for you Snoozy! Day 4 here too and I am feeling very motivated as well. I was up last night thinking about everything and worrying, of course. When I was pregnant I knew drinking wasn't an option because of the potential harm it can do to your baby. It wasn't even an issue for me. I knew I couldn't drink and that was it! AV left me alone for 9 months. Now I am nursing and while I haven't drank and directly nursed her (while drunk) I am sure there have been many times (middle of night or early morning) where I have nursed her and had alcohol still in my system. It makes me sick now with worry. I know they say nursing and drinking (in moderation) is ok, but what is moderation? What was I thinking? If I did any damage to her in anyway I couldn't live with myself. Sorry for the rant, but it's like I just woke up and realized what an idiot I've been. No more. I just pray I haven't done any harm.

Thanks for listening guys. Hope you all have a wonderful day/night. Xxx

Soberwolf 07-13-2015 05:11 AM

Congrats Snoozy & Ladybug

Gilmer 07-13-2015 05:22 AM

Ladybug, maybe I shouldn't say this, but back in the 80s when I had my kids, my old Irish obstetrician gave me some nursing advice: "Have a beer! It relaxes you, and it will relax the baby, too!"

One beer or glass of wine never hurt my kids (back then, I had no problem stopping at 1, though).

I don't know if that's encouraging or not...:dunno:

SnoozyQ 07-13-2015 05:24 AM

Thanks Wolfy :-)

Ladybug , we've got this honey. Let's be the Mums our kids deserve and a constructive member of our family.

No way do I want to go back to the one day binging next day in bed cycle . ( or 2 day ) ugh revolting .

I quickly went back to having 2 bottles of champagne a night , every night . It was only realising I had run out and needed more. So I found some old Rum In the cupboard and drank that omg ! I HATE spirits. Then I found a small gift bottle of red wine and drank all that.

I can't mix drinks . It makes me feel like being sick just thinking about it ... Blegh

Ladybug2 07-13-2015 08:28 AM

Oh Snoozy that sounds absolutely awful - I know whenever I mix drinks I feel so much worse the next day. You sound much better - so glad :)

Thanks Gilmer :kiss:

Soberwolf 07-13-2015 09:44 AM

Snooz & Ladybug you 2 are really amazing im not just saying that sobriety only gets better......drinking only gets worse

Hi Leshar hope your ect is nearly finished cant wait to have you bk thinking of you sending a billion hugs

Great job Casey you are doing fantastic

Gilmer :hug:

Hi Bob hope you have had a good day and got your Huskies coat looking great

Hope Croissant & LuLu check in at one point.....Hello if you can see this

Hello to Petecrab, D, Leigh & all the julyers

Been watching movies all afternoon with mrs sw we done shopping in the morning & when got back we watched bridesmaids which is hilarious & were currently watching the Internship

Tomorrow is my official 2 year milestone and i want to say thank you to all of you for your advice support & friendship i found SR when i was 13 months last august & i know SR has helped me stay sober

Spk soon guys :scoregood

Petecrab 07-13-2015 02:18 PM

Awesome news soberwolf, amazing achievement! X