SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Part 19 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/371275-class-july-2013-part-19-a.html)

Gilmer 07-09-2015 04:20 PM

Happy birthday, Bob! :bc4:

CaseyW 07-09-2015 04:33 PM

Happy birthday Bob!

venuscat 07-09-2015 04:37 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OmjwfRCtoG...s-animated.gif

Bob!!! :) ♥

Glad you are being pampered. :hug:

SnoozyQ 07-09-2015 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bob, my dear friend , Happy ,Happy Birthday

Attachment 27440

SnoozyQ 07-09-2015 07:40 PM

Thank you , my dear Julyers for your support during this hard time for me .Holly knows I drank yesterday .

Today is the day I start my new sober journey .

I love you all xxx

Ladybug2 07-09-2015 07:41 PM

Happy happy birthday Bob!!

You are an inspiration :)

SnoozyQ 07-09-2015 07:42 PM

Hi Ladybug , how are you doing today sweetie xxxx

CaseyW 07-09-2015 07:47 PM

Since it wasn't on a private message, I don't think Leshar will mind me copy and pasting something she posted earlier today (around 7:30 CST) on my profile page here. It's such good news I just had to share:

Casey,
You're so nice to send me a message!
I don't know if I told our group, but I became seriously depressed and was admitted to hospital for ECT, which really frightened me, but thankfully it's working. I should be going home before long. I have a day pass tomorrow, just to test the waters.
How are things with you? I hope you're well!

Dee74 07-09-2015 08:04 PM

Thanks Casey :)

D

Soberwolf 07-10-2015 12:09 AM

Thank you everyone feeling better today not perfect but better

Going for a dogwalk it should be my dog going for a walk but he takes me

lots & lots of birds in the garden makes me feel peaceful

Have a good weekend everyone & spk soon

venuscat 07-10-2015 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 5459470)
Thank you , my dear Julyers for your support during this hard time for me .Holly knows I drank yesterday .

I love you all xxx

And we love you Snooz ~ very much.
We are right by your side every step of the way here. :hug: :hug: ♥

venuscat 07-10-2015 03:32 AM

Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you wolfie.
And sending love and strength to everyone ~ some tough times all around.

Gilmer 07-10-2015 04:54 AM

I'm very sorry, Leshar.

I'm very sorry, for you, too, Snooz. My family went through lots of getting their hopes up and subsequent disappointments, too. Eventually my sobriety "took," and now disrespect is a thing of the past.

When my family let me know that they noticed, they were intervening to show they cared, and to help.

Ladybug2 07-10-2015 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 5459470)

I love you all xxx

Good for you Snoozy, proud of you. I'll be right there with you. I need a better plan. Back to day 1 too. Let's do this together.

SnoozyQ 07-10-2015 06:28 AM

Yes !! Let's do this together Ladybug xx I have the hangover from hell. It's almost midnight the next day and I'm still sick.
i forgot how nasty a bad one can be.
Surely I will have to feel better by 6.30 am when it's time for work.
Great news about Leshar , thanks Casey.
Glad you're feeling better Wolfy ,

I hope my setback can help all of you to just embrace your sobriety. It's truly a gift.
You NEVER EVER want to feel like I do today, I certainly don't want to ever again .

I can't thank you enough Gilmer for those words & Venus you're a sweetheart

Xxx

CaseyW 07-10-2015 07:34 AM

Starting day 64 now. No big plans for the day besides work this evening.

Ladybug and Snoozy--I hope part of your plan this time is to come on here and post about wanting to drink BEFORE you take that first drink. Give us all a chance to help you, give yourself a chance to vent. That's what we're here for. Build back up some accountability to yourself and to others. It's helped me tremendously this time.

You're both in my thoughts and prayers today. Addiction stinks, but you both know there is a better way of life out there waiting for you.

Ladybug2 07-10-2015 11:10 AM

Thanks Casey. Yes, I am going to make posting here first part of my new plan. I was fine all day yesterday - had no desire to drink and then at 6pm I was in trouble. So sick of this and sick of sounding like a broken record. I have to get this right.

resolute50 07-10-2015 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 5459675)
Thank you everyone feeling better today not perfect but better

Going for a dogwalk it should be my dog going for a walk but he takes me

lots & lots of birds in the garden makes me feel peaceful

Have a good weekend everyone & spk soon

Going for walks with my dog is probably the best cure I have found. Especially if you can get off on a road less traveled.

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

Soberwolf 07-10-2015 01:46 PM

Thanks Bob & happy birthday bud

Soberwolf 07-10-2015 06:37 PM

Well today is the day i woke up and said thats it no more July 11th 2013 i was counting until my sister informed me it will take at least 3 days to get the alcohol out of my system so my official date is Tuesday but this date is important to me because of 3 ducks i saw at 5am on the morning i stopped drinking for good

i was shaking sweating going bonkers & then i saw 3 ducks perched on my front lawn i really thought i lost it at that point there is no water or ponds for over a mile and here these 3 ducks were on my lawn it was beyond surreal & it may sound as if ive just gone mad but these lil ducks are part of my sobriety they were there in my first moments

Im planning to go down to my kitchen @ 5am today to see if thier there they were on my first year unofficial anni

Going to catch some Zzzzzz then see if my 3 ghetto ducks are back i love these 3 ducks

Spk soon guys