Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 19

Old 07-19-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening julyers were having a lovely summer evening, we had a lovely dinner.. homemade battered cod & chips

We watched the film spy today we love Melissa McCarthy movies (the heat, tammy, bridesmaids)

Were watching Ted 2 now

Just want to say congrats again to Snooz, Ladybug & Casey

& thank you to D, Leigh, Venus & Gilmer

have a nice evening & start to the week tomorrow

spk soon guys
Old 07-19-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. We had a great time at family friendly Ocean City, which is actually a 'dry town'. Not to be confused with Seaside Heights featured on MTV's Jersey shore. Although I could have been one of the cast mates on that show in my hey day. While there were no shark sightings, there was a crab attack to the big toe. We had a great time riding the waves on the old school canvas rafts.

I ran into an old and dear friend that I actually lost due to my alcohol use. She was innocent victim of one of the darkest nights of my life. By trying to save face for myself, I betrayed her. The next day she confronted me, broke off our friendship (deservedly so) and we never saw each other again. When we saw each other at the beach, I was nervous, but then we greeted each other and warmly embraced. I gave my heartfelt apology. We cleared the air. I was proud to tell her how much has changed and to show off my beautiful daughter and husband. She was genuinely happy for me. After that we chatted for over an hour, caught up on the last 8 years and exchanged numbers. I am glad I had an opportunity to make things right with her. I hope you all had an equally wonderful weekend.

I am thinking of you Leshar and Snoozy!
Old 07-19-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Re-Member

What a wonderful story, NJKitty. Congrats on the wonderful trip and unexpected reunion with a long lost friend. You are reaping amazing rewards from your recovery. Thanks for the inspiration today!
Old 07-19-2015, 11:58 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Do your best

That is a beautiful story NJKitty

Wishing the best start to the week to everyone

Spk soon guys
Old 07-20-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

My friend Sue and I once drove down to Ocean City in her yellow 1973 Maverick. We only had $30 between us.

She reasoned that we could park the car in a church parking lot to sleep, because nobody would go there at night. We tried to sleep. Friday night I got the front seat--horrendously uncomfortable! So Saturday night we switched, and the back seat had a giant hump underneath that really hurt, no matter what position I contorted myself into.

So we stopped torturing ourselves and drove up and down the coastal highway all night.

By the time it was time to leave, we had no cash left and a half tank of gas. We ran on fumes toward the end.

By the end of the adventure, Sue and I were pretty fed up with each other! The Maverick did not encourage bonding!
Old 07-20-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Hey Soberleigh!

I took a test to see what city would suit my personality.

I got: Sydney

Your love of city-life combined with an equal appreciation for the simple things make Sydney, Australia the perfect fit for you. Whether you're looking to relax or go absolutely buck-wild, Sydney is the place for you!
When I moved here, it's definitely when my drinking went buck-wild, that's for sure.

I loved your story NJ....I'm glad you had the chance to say you are sorry. I probably may never get the chance to say sorry to the person I need to the most, so I can imagine it must be a relief to apologise and show positive changes have happened. A blessing, really.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Another miserably hot day here. I think it's even too hot to sit at pool?! Will probably do some grocery shopping and other indoor activities. Thankfully the grocery stores here don't sell wine If you want wine or liquor you have to go to the "Wine & Spirits" or state store, and if you want beer you have to go to a "beer distributor". Makes it a lot less convenient (and less tempting) for us alcoholics.

Day 11 and hoping it's a good one. Yesterday afternoon I felt so tired and irritable. I was biting everyone's head off AV was also lurking around so that's probably why? It really knows how to push my buttons. Why is it so hard to ignore?? I know what it's trying to do so why do I even let it speak? Ugh, feel like a crazy person sometimes

Hi Croissant Hope you are doing well.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Do your best

I had a funny start to the day i logged in this morning doing a few posts etc & after logging out i hear a magpie i thought it was visiting the garden, i go to the window to look and there is cat tearing one of the wood pigeons apart, i instantly hiss to scare the cat & i ran downstairs to the garden with my dog running right beside me i throw open the door my dog darts after the cat while the pigeon jumps back but isnt flying away

My dog comes bk inside & the pigeon starts heading towards me its lost a serious amount of feathers & i thought its wings are broke so i just kinda stayed with it talking to the wood pigeon it then hid behind my wheelie bins and it stayed for about 20-30 minutes i gave it some bread & eventually it flew on to the fence & then flew off

It was a crazy way to start the day i saw 2 diffrent wood pigeons later on but havnt seen the attacked bird but hoping i will soon

Going to try & get cat repellent this week

spk soon guys
Old 07-20-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
My friend Sue and I once drove down to Ocean City in her yellow 1973 Maverick. We only had $30 between us.

She reasoned that we could park the car in a church parking lot to sleep, because nobody would go there at night. We tried to sleep. Friday night I got the front seat--horrendously uncomfortable! So Saturday night we switched, and the back seat had a giant hump underneath that really hurt, no matter what position I contorted myself into.

So we stopped torturing ourselves and drove up and down the coastal highway all night.

By the time it was time to leave, we had no cash left and a half tank of gas. We ran on fumes toward the end.

By the end of the adventure, Sue and I were pretty fed up with each other! The Maverick did not encourage bonding!
Think you girls are a bit more like Thelma & Louise than Sue & Gilmer ! Lol xx
Old 07-20-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Yeah--we were about ready to drive off a cliff!
Old 07-21-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Do your best

LOL gilmer
Old 07-21-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Julyers
Old 07-21-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good evening, wolfie! How are you doing today?

Day 75 here. Just cooked an early dinner as I'm getting ready to go to work in an hour. Went and bought some much-needed new work clothes earlier today. My new pants feel wonderful! I've lost a decent amount of weight since quitting drinking this time and it's nice to be back in clothes that fit perfectly.

Hope to hear from everyone else here soon...
Old 07-21-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Do your best

Im ok Casey my sister phoned me & we met up and spent the day together caught some sun & caught a bit of lunch

Made a nice dinner and done loads of housework been loooking at cat repellents and will be getting some spiky plants to put in the garden i have a rosebush pot but i dont want bird poop on it

Thinking about dog alarms or sonic alarms but havnt looked into it yet

My other option is product 1 is called shake away the other is called critter ridder but this is my least favourable option

Congrats on the new clothes Casey & on day 75
Old 07-22-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Julyers
Old 07-22-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

G'day wolfy :-) hi all xx
Old 07-22-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Beautiful day here - going it get out and enjoy it! Hope everyone is doing well xxx
Old 07-22-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hiya Snooz & Ladybug
Old 07-22-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi guys just saying goodnight if im not around later i have a headache i cant shift so going to have a bath and watch a movie with mrs sw

Spk soon guys
Old 07-22-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Take care, SW!