SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2014 Part 17 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/371043-class-october-2014-part-17-a.html)

Conquest 07-09-2015 06:07 PM

You mean...ice cream AND strawberry cake, right? Nom nom nom

And even worse... It's only about 8 here and I'm in pajamas with the reading light on. Lol

BrighterDayz 07-09-2015 06:15 PM

Getting ready for bed myself-bunch of party animals, LOL.

Arbor 07-09-2015 06:17 PM

Haha...I wish Conquest. Only had room for the cake. Gotta eat it before it goes bad ya know? Cake and shark week on discovery. Why not I say!

Been a good week. I'm tired, but am getting used to disturbed newborn sleep. Coffee has been a life saver.

Edit: lying on couch now typing this half asleep...

Mark1014 07-09-2015 06:38 PM

Shower done and ready for the cool sheets. Yep, 8:30 starts the wind down. But up at 4:15. When I was a lad of 38 I could get away with eating those sweet treats at bedtime too. Enjoy while your metabolism allows.

Phoebe, they got home Sunday. They had fun in Dallas and are making the most of what's left of summer break. I think school starts the second week of August.

phoebe64 07-09-2015 06:45 PM

We have been summer movie binging this week. Tonight my son chose Mocking Jay. I have actually seen it, but he had not. My daughter is happy to watch it again.

I am tired too. I could go to bed, but if I go too eRly, I wake in the middle of the night, so trying to hang on until at least 10.

phoebe64 07-09-2015 06:50 PM

Glad they are home safe and sound, Mark. I had remembered that you were going to surprise your young daughter with her teddy bear. I bet she was delighted!

phoebe64 07-09-2015 07:08 PM

Briar, are you doing okay this evening?

Briar 07-09-2015 08:28 PM

I'm okay, thanks.

venuscat 07-09-2015 08:45 PM

I'm sorry you are going through such a rough time Briar. :hug:
I wish I could say something to help...I love you, but that's not very helpful.
Do you think talking to your therapist might lift you a little here?

Briar 07-09-2015 08:47 PM

Thanks V. I saw him yesterday, and he will call me in a few days. He helps me maintain some perspective. It's fine, I'll be okay.

venuscat 07-09-2015 08:49 PM

I'm glad you saw him love. ♥

Briar 07-09-2015 09:17 PM

How are you doing, V?

Dee74 07-09-2015 09:37 PM

I'm glad you're ok Briar :)

D

venuscat 07-09-2015 09:40 PM

Trying to let go of something I cannot change...struggling with some emotional stuff.

Dee74 07-09-2015 09:42 PM

Hope the weekend is good for both you guys :)

D

Conquest 07-10-2015 03:54 AM

Sorry to hear you're struggling, V and Briar. Thinking of you both. Anything we can help with?
:grouphug:

Mark1014 07-10-2015 05:03 AM

I sneaked a shot of my little one this morning. She often falls asleep on the sofa and during school breaks we let her stay there.

Sometimes we all need a 'teddy bear' of sorts I guess. Perhaps alcohol was a misguided attempt to get that type of comfort. I'll go get myself a real teddy bear of my own before going down that road again. Wouldn't that be a sight!

Wishing all the best day.

Briar 07-10-2015 06:22 AM

That's sweet, Mark. Mine has a blanket I crocheted for her while I was pregnant. Since she was six months old it's been her comfort object. She's gotten good about leaving it at home during shopping trips and whatnot, but it's always got to be there for bedtime. I love that out of her trillion blankets, she chose the one I made for her.

phoebe64 07-10-2015 07:23 AM

Very sweet picture. :)

My kids each had something. Daughter had a stuffed monkey, and she would bite the nose! It would get pretty gross. Son was a thumb sucker with a blank is. Like Linus. He still has them in a drawer. He had a duplicate but knew which was which and one was THE ONE. The backup came along on a trip where the specialnonecwas left behind. They were those snuggly small beanies with a stuffed animal head and satin edges. He rubbed the satin while sucking his thumb. Those are precious days. Innocence. Sweetness.

Glad you checked in, Briar.

Had a bit of a busy week, just driving kids all over. But also some carpooling. Today is a lazy summer morning. Daughter has a ride, so, I am still enjoying coffee, baked some brownies, working on laundry. Son is watching TV. Gotta do that sometimes. She has a sleepover tonight. I will send the brownies minus a few for the rest of us. Maybe do something fun with son. See what husband wants to do later.

Mark1014 07-10-2015 08:48 AM

Yes, sweet stuff. And I'm keenly aware that my time is running out with the stage on my youngest child....so I treasure it. Then on to grandkids (at some far distant point). I will shamelessly spoil them. :)