Class of October 2014 Part 17

Old 07-31-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everyone has a happy safe and sober weekend

D
Old 07-31-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Well done, Mark. Those are tough situations. If we get a new dog, it may be my excuse for awhile in avoiding similar in-law situations!
Old 07-31-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Sounds like you handled that situation well Mark. I'm sure in time they will get used to your decision and it won't be so uncomfortable. If not, then you have to put your sobriety first and protect yourself.

V I'm sorry you're sick, that's no good. Have some nice hot tea.

Phoebe that's very exciting. I'm sure the right dog will find you. Before we went looking for our cat, my husband very decisively announced to me that we were getting a small gray female with white paws. I looked at him like he was totally unreasonable and told him we'd get whatever sweet-tempered critter they had at the pound. We didn't check websites or anything, we just walked into the shelter, and wouldn't you know there was a little gray female with white paws meowing at us like "you're late, take me home."

How you doing today Arbor?

My mom's house is still okay, but the wind has changed directions, so now it's headed her way, but it's still a few miles out. It's 30 square miles so far and only 5% contained. It's going to get a lot bigger. There are some incredible pictures in the paper. I'll try to post some of them later.

Great news is that they were able to get her horse out. The old beast is over 30 and hadn't been in a trailer...well, possibly ever, so we weren't sure if she'd travel. But she got in just fine and now is safe at another ranch.

I hope everyone is having a good night/day/whatever.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Drinking hot tea.

I just read that a firefighter died in the fires? Is that right?

Glad they got the horse out...
Old 07-31-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Yes V, I just read that too. It was a different fire, but also near here. There are 18 large fires in California right now.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Our fire is the "Rocky Fire."

Absolutely tragic. Those guys are true heroes. My mom says there are huge signs hung everywhere that say "thank you."
Old 07-31-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

yep God bless the Firies.

D
Old 08-01-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Good morning gang,

I researched those fires a bit....scary stuff. Glad that horse cooperated and I hope the rest of the menagerie is ok..

As a side note, I got to my brother's place yesterday around one and he was drinking a beer. Nothing unusual there, and that may or may not have been the first of the day. In the two and a half hours I was there he drank about five more and still it was only about 3:30 so the whole evening was still ahead. I wouldn't have noticed this in the past, but that's a similar rate of consumption to my past ways and I know the 'party' wasn't over when I left..

One of the reasons that yesterday wasn't so enjoyable is that I do worry about him now and see how others may have felt about me. It's not fun to watch. That's something he'll have to figure out for himself, but I hope to find a way to keep hanging out with my kid brother without the specter of alcohol.

I know and don't miss how he's feeling this morning and the sweaty fitful night's sleep he had.

This is gonna be a good day. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it, but it's nice to feel good with no regret of yesterday. Wishing all of you the best day.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Mark, I spent a lot of time worrying about my older sister since I got sober.
I worried, got angry, confused, and I really let her situation interfere with my recovery. Not at all saying you are doing this...it's just that it really took me a while to let go of her stuff. It's not that I don't care ~ I do, very much. But she is not in a place where she can accept she has a problem. I can't make her. If and when she is ever ready to decide she needs help, I will be there.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Thanks V,

You nailed it! Every word of what you said I needed to hear. I'm sure my sister felt the same about me.

One last day of lower humidity, so I'm gonna have a morning run

Good night V.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Night love.

Night to all of you....

(Or good morning, but bedtime for me. )
Old 08-01-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Doing alright. Had a few hours to myself last night. A rare treat. So I ventured out and jammed with the boys. Was up till midnight way later than usual so I'm bit groggy as my three year old was up by seven this morn.

Mark. Your lucky you hardy ever have to deal with alcohol and social situations. I can't even begin to tell you what I've put up with since October. It can be done mind you. Turing away the chance every time. But it does wear on you and flat out annoy the crap out of you sometimes. I started to become this emotionless shell of a person with a chip on his shoulder. I don't ever want to become my Aunt who stopped drinking years ago and now we hardly ever see her anymore. She's on all these meds and im not sure what's worse. Her drinking or her pharmaceutical dependency.

Got some friends coming by later this afternoon to see the baby and hang. One old friend has a new girl he's been courting for a while now. We haven't met her yet so it should be interesting.

Hot as blazes over here! Got the AC cranking. Time for more coffee. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-01-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm as social as I've ever been Arbor -and considerably more than I was for the last part of my home alone drinking..

I honestly don't feel a sense of loss for being the non drinker at all - on the contrary I feel an added level of enjoyment knowing that I'm not poisoning myself or making a jerk of myself..

It ceased to be an issue for me - I hope you, and the other folks here can find that too

anyhoo, time for a new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-18-a.html

Night all
D