Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 17

Old 07-13-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Have fun Conquest! I have such great memories of the VBS my kids attended at the local Lutheran church. We are Catholic, but we went to the preschool there and they ran a large and very popular VBS. the kids would get CDs of Christian Pop songs and sing them all summer. I don't think they do it anymore, but I should check. That would be a great service opportunity fory daughter. She is great with younger kids.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Ugh...feel like a mindless drone this morning. Serious sleep deprivation starting to take its toll. Challenging times. Guess I must endure...carry on everyone. Have a great day.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Sending you love Arbor... and hello dear phoebe.

Off to bed...
Old 07-13-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Oh V, I'm just noticing your question. I would really enjoy meeting her. She's very inspirational to me. Timing is the key. I've jotted down the available times she provided and her cell number. I really hope to work it out if I can.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hope so too Mark...I know it will be lovely.

OK...bills done, time for bed.
Love and goodnight. ♥
Old 07-13-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Good morning, guys.

Mark it sounds like you're having a great time. It's a pretty fun place, but so much ground to cover.

Conquest you'll do great! Lucky kids to have you as their teacher.

V way to persevere. I'm glad you're feeling good about your work accomplishment. And that you're warm. I bet little V enjoys that blanket too. Mine always seeks out the warmest spot in the house, usually it's on my husband, but sometimes on me.

Phoebe thanks for all your understanding. I'm sorry your daughter deals with this too, but she is incredibly fortunate to have such a supportive parent. My parents were very dismissive of my problem as normal teenage stuff, when I think it was clear even at that time that it was a lot more serious. I felt guilty about it and tried for years to pretend it wasn't there. Only about three years ago I was diagnosed and started taking meds to control it. I wish I could go back and address it properly when I was a teen, they say letting it go uncontrolled for years can cause further brain damage, but gotta just focus on now and keep an eye on my daughter.

Getting ready for work, fingers crossed I'll do all right. I had really bad anxiety this morning for no reason. I slept very light and kept waking up freaked out that I'd overslept. It was like that hangover anxiety I hope I never feel again. Now I'm tired and groggy but nervous and on edge at the same time, if such a state can even exist. I've been trying to avoid taking extra anxiety meds because they seem to make the depression worse, but I probably have no choice today. I hate making these kinds of judgment calls.

My daughter has been enjoying her new bed. She hides in the canopy and pretends we can't see her. We tell her no jumping, so she does these little bunny hops on her knees. Whatever, I jumped on the bed all the time.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Mark - I thought of you last night. My daughter was singing her version of All About That Bass. Of course, she's four, so the words don't always come out exactly like the actual song. Her version goes:

"In a nutter butter base, butter base, no trouble."

I mean, who doesn't love a nutter butter base? Mmm.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

That song lyric is funny, V. We have the lyric: "Your own, personal, cheese sauce." (Personal Jesus, Depeche Mode, lol.)

You sound better today, Briar. I had some anxiety issues when I tried meds. for both anxiety and depression. I had more anxiety with them, for some reason. Maybe drinking messed with them? Duh. Don't think I was ever sober at that time.

In the end, I think I feel better now without, but I have milder depression My bigger problem was anxiety and it is pretty good now.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Cheese sauce! I love it!

I am feeling better, thanks. Hopefully this will be the turning point. I do think the anxiety meds have something to do with it. Laying off them seems to be helping the depression. Fixing one thing screws up another. Ain't that always how it is?
Old 07-13-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Anxiety has always been my root issue--- having an ideal version in my head of what "should be" and tossing it around in my head relentlessly, wondering what reality will be like...Anxiety has paralyzed me many times. It almost did today. The thought crossed my mind to cancel.... The thought crossed my mind to cancel! How terrible. Why do I let my mind go there, even for a second? It's such a battle, but I'm winning more and more now.
Thank goodness because I had a blast today. Most importantly, the kids had a blast. And I think I just had the best nap in years. Phew! That wore me out! Lol. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow. (Oh my stars)
And I'm gonna squeeze this in for those that have read this far... We took Cowboy's great grandmother's wedding ring to be resized for me last week! It's still hush hush because he wants to talk to my father first. (Is that just a southern tradition?). Anyways... My dad knows it's coming because I keep saying "I'm gonna marry that boy. You'll see!" He's going to be thrilled. Just as I am... Words don't even seem to describe right now. That's why I've been quiet about it. Just totally awestruck.
I'll let yall know when the date is set. !!!!!
Wishing anxiety away for all of us. Sober life is too good to miss out on!
Old 07-13-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

OH WOW Conquest!!!! That's wonderful love.
I guess he actually proposed then?
So happy for you...I remember your first date.
You really are proof that life can be wonderful in sobriety.
Happy happy news.

Well, I guess anxiety is prevalent for quite a few of us...but we are trying our best to deal with it. And that's a good thing. I don't want to go out there today...huge voice in my head telling me I can't. But curling up in a stress ball doesn't help at all. So onwards...

Sending you love Briar, and love to all of you. ♥
Old 07-13-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Omg congrats conquest!!!
Old 07-13-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Administrator

Being a man, I missed the significance of the ring entirely LOL

Congrats Conquest

D
Old 07-13-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

That's great Conquest....very happy for you, cowboy, and cowboy jr.!
Old 07-13-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

What happy, wonderful news, Conquest! I am so happy for you!
Old 07-13-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

LOL it's a good thing it was spelled out for you Dee. So happy for you Conquest! Wonderful news.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Congrats Conquest! Wonderful news!

I think anxiety is an issue for most people btw. Not just alcoholics.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Details to come
Gnight all!
Old 07-13-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Your wonderful news put a smile on my face this morning Conquest, and lifted my spirits.

I learned a few things today...and they are all good.
I found out that very cold weather and nasty winds don't bother me at all really. If it isn't raining on me at the same time, I can handle it no problem.

I learned that I have a whole new reaction to seeing police...almost a joyous one in fact. It's a bit mean really (because the people who were being pulled over were totally miserable), but all I could think was I haven't done anything wrong!! Woot!!

I did feel pretty bad for the second guy I saw pulled over; he looked shattered.
Apparently the cops have a registration camera on the highway (I was walking right next to it)...I don't know what that is.

Ooooo, I looked it up. It means the police know everything about you when they pull you over. So not just traffic violations, basically if you have done anything wrong, you cannot hide.

And I learned something that I really already knew, but had forgotten a little lately. The more I push myself, the better I feel about myself. Pretty obvious huh?

Hmm...almost thinking about deleting this because it is kind of silly. The lessons I am learning are ones that most people get when they are young.
But I didn't...I ran from all of those things.

It is pouring now....gosh I'm happy that I got my work done!!!
Old 07-13-2015, 10:22 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Not silly at all V. Awesome actually!