Notices

Class of May 2015 Part 6

Old 07-10-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

This joint is jumping! Hi, everybody. So great to have so much to catch up on! I'm glad everyone is doing well. I'm well too. Went to a Brazilian restaurant with my bil at 3pm, then drove back to his house to hang out for a while. Drove home and stopped at the store for a few things. Came home and fed the dog, watered the tomato plant, put away the groceries and enjoyed the cool interior of my apartment. Ahhh...

It was hot today but cooled off nicely when the sun started to sink. Nice breeze, humidity is tolerable. The food at the restaurant was good but I shouldn't have added any salt. It was seasoned well and didn't need anything but mastication. (Wonder if that will get censored.)

Got another evening of "chill" planned. Might set up the Pilates Reformer so I can take pics and put it on Craigslist. Money money money. Gotta get me some.

Have a wonderful night/day. I loved all the posts and how strong you all sound. We've got a wonderful little group of people here and I'm happy to call this class my home. (((Hugs)))!!
Old 07-10-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

May is sounding good! I'd had a busy day, and am exhausted since little sleep last night, so will be turning in early. Not taking Benadryl any more (weeks now)--all it did was make me groggy in the morning.

The AV kicked around today a bit, but no problems ignoring it.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and a great sober Saturday!
Old 07-10-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Ending day 64 now. Well, technically it's exactly midnight so I guess I'm starting day 65. Good day. Messed around the house during the day. Watched the third season premiere of Rectify--an absolutely beautiful television show that I highly recommend. I don't have Netflix now but I know it was on there at one point. It's a very slow-paced, beautifully acted atmospheric story of a man who goes back home after spending nineteen years on death row for a murder he may or may not have committed. Takes place in a small Georgia town. Just a beautiful, sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes uplifting show. Highly recommended.

Work was hopping tonight. I made pretty good money. Bought myself some freshly made strawberry limeade after work. Enjoying that now. I really want to watch last night's episode of Hannibal before I go to sleep because the previous episode ended on a great note, but it's a pretty creepy show and I don't know if it's the best thing for me to watch right before bed. Maybe I'll save that for tomorrow afternoon before work.

Glad to see many of you check in, hope everyone else is doing well also. Thanks again to each and every one of you for helping to keep me sober one more day!
Old 07-11-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
nmd

Checking in, time to feed/clean the animals in my house. Have a great sober day everyone!
Old 07-11-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday-

Have a big event to go to today, where there will be drinking at a party in the evening. Meh. No biggie.

Yeah, though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil.

Took 1/4 of a .25 xanax at 4am to "finish" sleeping: one-quarter of the lowest dose the med comes in. I know alcoholics that eat xanax all day like PEZ. Figured the extra sleep outweighed the minuscule amount of a controlled substance.

Healthy day, all.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4thekidz View Post
Happy Saturday-

Have a big event to go to today, where there will be drinking at a party in the evening. Meh. No biggie.

Yeah, though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil.

Took 1/4 of a .25 xanax at 4am to "finish" sleeping: one-quarter of the lowest dose the med comes in. I know alcoholics that eat xanax all day like PEZ. Figured the extra sleep outweighed the minuscule amount of a controlled substance.

Healthy day, all.

Have fun tonight, 4TK, glad it's no big deal for you.
My sleep has been really sketchy but I know it should be better down the road.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning all! Starting day 65. Saturday is my long evening at work. No other plans. I slept hard last night, lots of vivid dreams though they're already all fading away right now. Still a little groggy now at almost eleven in the morning. No caffeine in the house. I may have to buy a Red Bull before work though I generally try and stay away from those things.

nmd -- glad you specified that you're cleaning the animals in your house or else I'd be picturing you trying to bath your chickens.

4thekidz -- wishing you the best at your function tonight. Aside from working around alcohol every day, I haven't been in any drinking situations yet this go-round. I know you said you're not worried but keep an exit strategy in mind just in case.

KaleGrrl -- yeah, the sleep definitely gets better with time, or at least it has in my case. Hang in there.

Hope everyone who hasn't checked in is doing ok (Ginamarie, AllieK, site, etc.) Have a safe and sober Saturday!
Old 07-11-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Re-Member

According to the 24 hour thread, today is two months sober for Site1Q84. Congratulations! Hope you have a safe and happy day traveling!
Old 07-11-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Hey, y'all. Happy Saturday to each of us. I'm awaiting a text from a friend regarding what time I'll be going over to her place to visit with her and her ailing German Shepherd. Don't have a clue what time she will choose for our get together so in the meantime, I'm just chilling.

It's hot out there. Not looking forward to getting into the car at all. But I'm glad to HAVE a car, cause I know a few of you don't.

I went ahead and decided on a tracfone. It will save me $100 every single month! My credit's already in the crapper so what's one more item on the list of wrongs I've committed? I'm trying to survive, here. And it serves them right anyway cause I wouldn't be back under contract with them if they hadn't lured me in with a free tablet.

Casey, I agree about Rectify. It was a strange show cause it was so touching in some ways and unsettling in others. Did they stop that series or are they just in between the last one and the new one that's coming out?

Congrats to everyone for staying strong and carrying on. Enjoy your weekend.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Checking in. I think it's day 61 now. Have a good Saturday folks
Old 07-11-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
Casey, I agree about Rectify. It was a strange show cause it was so touching in some ways and unsettling in others. Did they stop that series or are they just in between the last one and the new one that's coming out?
New season (3rd one) just started two days ago. There's only six episodes this season. The new episode was wonderful. And sad. The show has already been renewed for one more season after that. I'm guessing that will be the end of it. Can't picture there will be much more story left to tell at that point.

Deadwood is one of my favorite TV series of all time. The man who played the preacher in the first season of that show is the creator/head writer of Rectify. Very talented man.

Have a nice visit with your friend. Hope their dog gets better.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Great 61 days, Ginamarie! And 2 months for Site!
And 65, Casey--excellent! Hope you make a boatload of cash tonight.
Cissy, enjoy your day! I love German shepherds--such beautiful dogs. I know a number of people using Tracphones and they love them, and the savings to be sure.
Will be on my bike soon. Trying to get healthier with diet and exercise. Lost 2 pounds this past week, woohoo! Have a great evening all! :-)
Old 07-11-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I'm here! My daughter left to go out of town last so I'm bummed out and worried. She won't be back until Saturday!
Old 07-11-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi Class-

Went to an art festival today, it was a lot of fun. There was a street mime good for a few laughs and a lot of talented artists.

Getting ready to grill up dinner. Happy Sober Saturday!
Old 07-11-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Checking in Day 3! Made a nice meal from the food delivery service I joined couple weeks ago when I finally decided to get serious about my drinking. I really was not cooking for years while drinking because sharp knives are not a drinkers friend and all I craved was wine and potato chips anyway. So....I zested lemons, ( had to google how to do that), chopped things again, and am trying new items like garlic snapes ( another google)

Still on lockdown, tomorrow will try the store again. My husband has no clue im detoxing, knows I didnt sleep well and had headache so just resting most of day.

Sang to myself lyrics to Im so tired by the Beatles. " Im sooo tired I havent slept a wink, Im soo tired I will make myself a drink". Then I silently screamed the next lyrics which are No No No, and really felt it. Will try meditating later and hopefully sleep tonight.

Much better day than I started with, so far. Advil helping the aches/pains.

Sober Saturday and Sunday? Cool

Hang in there everyone!
Old 07-11-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Well, I am sober today but posted in wrong Class. I'm July Class! Hi lovely May people, I will just meander over to my Class now and copy my post there.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats site and Ginamarie

Stay close to us AllieKat

D
Old 07-11-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Rooting for you, Sadie
I'm a July, was May, messed up but soundly sober now. Maybe I confused you with my posts. I still have a foot in May because they don't seem to mind. :-)
I'll keep an eye out for you in July.
Garlic snapes--thank you! I'll look for them (love to do new things in the kitchen).
Old 07-11-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Dharma--I love art festivals. We don't have many in the summer because it's too hot. Enjoy your dinner.
Allie, I'll keep your daughter in my thoughts and prayers, and you, too. I don't know how old she is or where she's going but hopefully all will go well. :-)
Old 07-11-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Just a really quick check-in. I was at my friend's house from 4pm until 10! Just got home around 10:30 and was starving cause she didn't feed me. We were outside most of the time cause she smokes and I guess she doesn't smoke indoors. Not sure why but I was getting eaten up by mosquitoes.

We had an excellent visit and time flew by. The dog is not strong in the hind end and clearly has seen better days but he's much better than I expected him to look. I don't know how much longer he's got but I'm really glad I went and spent some quality time with both of them today. Good one-on-one friendship time. We'll do it again soon, but next time I'm going to insist on food.

Have a great night, everyone. I'm pooped.

ETA: Casey, on Netflix, I checked Rectify to see if there is a 3rd season added and it only says 2 seasons. Don't tell me anything that will spoil it when it does appear on Netflix.