Class of April 2014 Part 22

Old 08-04-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Good luck finding a good one obo.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Hi Fools,
I'm glad you're both back on the wagon, Obo and Mariah. I remember how much you seemed to get out of crossing sober days off of your wall chart before, Obo, and I think starting a new one is a good move, almost like a symbolic recommitment.
Mariah, I agree with Freein, you really do sound proactive and optimistic, and I'm also hoping you get a job you love really soon. Your camping trip sounds wonderful.
Up, one of the best ways I've found to change my life is to get outside of myself. have you considered any volunteer options? Getting a dog? I remember you mentioning losing your dog to your ex, it might be a good time to get another one.
I really hope things get better for you soon. You are in my thoughts.
Rocks, I hope the rest of your trip has been wonderful, and that you got home safely and easily.
Soli, I'm glad you checked in, and hope your vacation goes well. I really hope you come back here after you get back.
Freein, it sounds like you are doing really well, and I'm glad to hear it.
I've spent the last week feeling like I've been swimming through jello, and trying to get reacclimated to this time zone, hemisphere, and season, and it's been really challenging, but I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. sleeping at night helps...
I just got home from a really nice hike up one of the buttes here, and my muscles feel well worked. The view from the top was beautiful.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I tried to upload a photo, but it failed, and I give up.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Winding down in day 2........was a good day.

Sounds like a good plan Obo.....I saw some good self help books on the subject at a used book store today, but definitely talking to a good therapist would be a good thing.

Glad you got some time in the garden today Freein - always makes me feel better

Hang in there Up......Are you getting out at all?
Old 08-04-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I hear that too Up...

Hi adna and mariah....
Old 08-04-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thank you Adna......felt good to take some action today for sure. The hike sounds great & glad you are getting some sleep now...you should sleep well after your hike.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Not really getting out a lot. Been breaking my back trying to get my well and pump working. It seems like no matter what I try and do it just doesn't turn out right. It's no fun not having water. I may have to go knock over a bank to get a new well drilled ... I don't even want to think about that.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Adna ... You can setup an account with photobucket.com and upload the photos there then link to them.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

No Up....definitely no banks
Old 08-04-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I am sorry you have that going on....that is a big deal, not having water.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Don't worry, I wouldn't rob anyone Mariah.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Obo, I watched a tv programme last night about a group of Chinese teachers who came over to England to see if the Chinese education system would show any benefits to our kids. I think they must have chosen a particular unruly group of kids, because none of them seemed to want to learn anything. Teachers seem to have to spend a lot of their precious time managing the teenagers behaviour, rather than actually teaching them.
I have every admiration for people who teach, I don't think I'd be able to do it.

Adna, you're sounding fighting fit! Despite having to 're-acclimatise.

UP, hope you get the water situation sorted soon, that's a toughy. It's easy to take it for granted here, with all the rain! But I can't imagine not having running water in the tap.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Feeling emotional......going to just recognize that & take it easy tonight....stress relief tea & a walk. (Son got pissed off at me for buying & feeding his dog dry dog food she has been without...he has been feeding her beef stock with dehydrated food & I felt it wasn't enough for her & shouldn't have overstepped my boundary after he asked me not to)
Old 08-05-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry to hear that Mariah. The best part is that you recognize it and focus on how to deal with it without drinking, which we all know won't help.
I can understand both sides of the situation. He did ask you not to buy the food but you were concerned about the dogs health.
I hope things calm down.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Any luck with the pump UP? Can you maybe come up with some type of holding tank for awhile until you can resolve the well issue? Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

I'm just back from taking teen Son's girl friend home & saw a State Trooper had someone doing a sobriety test on a rural road....didn't look good, a good reminder. I only slept about 4 hours last night, didn't get to sleep until about 2:30 then of coarse awake at 6:30 with no hope of going back to sleep. I am leaving at 7 in the am to go clean a place with my Sister, so hope I can sleep now.

Good Morning Freeing Hope you are doing OK Dee
Old 08-05-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,
We all have different views on how to look after our animals, don't we?, It can cause a bit of angst at times.
I have a glorious day off work today, and I'm actually in the mood for some housework! So by the close of the day, this house will be sparkling......well, a bit tidier maybe.
I love having a day at home on my own. It feels like a mini holiday. I have a book to finish too, so all's good here for the moment.
UP, hope the water problem is resolved or at least resolving.
Have a great day all.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Unfortunately the well situation is looking worse. I don't know what to do.

I slept for a few people yesterday. I luckily didn't have anything that had to be done, I ended up sleeping for 16 hours. I think part of it was catching up on lost sleep and part of it was being so depressed that I didn't want to get up.

Truthfully I wouldn't have been upset if I didn't wake up today.
Hopefully I will be able to get some sleep tonight.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

UP, are you isolated where you live, or are you close to a town? Over here, if you have a well it generally means you're out in the sticks. Is there anything stopping you from moving to somewhere more practical? With more opportunities to meet friends?
Old 08-06-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Actually I'm only a few miles from town.

As for moving, that's kind of complicated.

I don't really know what to do to make friends, I don't really have any hobbies or any interest to share. Actually I have always had trouble making friends all my life. I've never been good at it.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Seems to be pretty common with alcoholics/addicts UP....that feeling that we're on the "outside, looking in". I've really had to "will" myself to step outside my comfort zone & get myself out there over the last couple of years, although I've been isolating the last couple of months.......hard to meet people when we're doing that. Do you drive? I went to a used book store a couple of days ago & spent about an hour & a half checking things out & simply getting myself out & doing that was a good thing.....great place to to explore some new hobbies or interests??

I am in day 4 today & happy about that....has been a couple of months since I've had more than a couple of days & I already feel so much more hopeful & happy, even though my circumstances are the same. Doing those little things to take care of myself instead of "zoning out" with the smoke & alcohol.

Hope all of you Fools are doing OK